Author Topic: {Rule Clarification Request} "Comes into Play"  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
{Rule Clarification Request} "Comes into Play"
« on: May 20, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »
When a card "Comes into Play" this generally means a card entering the field in any way from anywhere. Going to the graveyard, leaving the field or going back into the deck is considered "Leaving play".

When a card is "In Play" this generally means any card that is on the field and not in the graveyard or deck.

"When Deployed" means whenever a card is played from the hand or command zone.
Certain cards need to be clarified.

A card with the "Comes into play" trigger should trigger whenever...
The card is moved "in play" from the graveyard
The card is returned to play from being removed from the game
The card is played from the deck using an ability.
The card is played from the hand using whatever resource cost or cards are played to allow it.
The card is played from the command zone to the support/assault/defense zone.

A character with "When Deployed" for a trigger should trigger whenever...
The card is played from the hand using whatever resource cost or cards are played to allow it.
The card is played from the command zone to the support/assault/defense zone.

What's the point of the thread?
At the moment triggered effects are usually triggering when deployed and not when the card comes into play. I know it sounds like nitpicking but it's kinda misleading when a card comes into play and doesn't trigger when the card says it should.

If anything below is supposed to function differently and I have it completely wrong, feel free to set me straight.

Clarification List
Candit, Head Researcher - When this character is Deployed, Draw 2 Cards.
Cartographer - When this character is Deployed, search your deck for a Location and put it in your hand.
Hehkeem - When this character is Deployed, all of your characters gain Unstoppable until end of turn.
Lucca, Combat Mechanic - When this character is Deployed, all your artificial characters gain permanent +2/+2.
Demon of Fear - When this character is Deployed, you may pay X. If you do, then move X characters to the support zone.
Sacullas, the Final Hammer - When this character is Deployed, Deal X damage where X is the number of deployed characters under your control.
Pilgrimage Monk - "Pay 3, Remove Pilgrimage Monk from the game for 3 turns: At the end of those turns, Draw 2 cards and Pilgrimage Monk returns to play with permanent +2/+2."
Rallying General - When this character is Deployed, reduce damage taken by your characters by half (rounded up) until end of turn.
Unending Drone (Worded like Wealthy Noble) - At the start of each turn, if Unending Drone is Deployed, this character returns another Unending Drone from the graveyard to play.

List does not include new cards.

Not everything is perfect, look at MTG for example lol. Good god the rules thread for MtG woulda been jam packed if the Internet existed for everyone during Alpha-->Ice Age.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:47:25 PM by Zinqf »
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
Re: {Rule Clarification Request} "Comes into Play"
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 11:40:28 AM »
Its already been declared taht this is a programming issue and they are working on it.  Coming from GY or any other zone will trigger comes itno play effects.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 05:27:24 AM »
Its already been declared taht this is a programming issue and they are working on it.  Coming from GY or any other zone will trigger comes itno play effects.

Confirmed.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 06:35:01 AM »

Confirmed.
As long as we know which side of the river we are playing our non-flying defending creatures, I am set with that. Thanks for confirming that all of these cards are following the rules but it is only a bug that they aren't triggering as such.

(Move from Rule forum to Bug forum then? XD)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:57:14 AM by Zinqf »
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.