Author Topic: Rulebook and stuff  (Read 4297 times)

Offline Ingram IronFist

• View Profile
Re: Rulebook and stuff
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
I could see optional rules tutorials that go thru detailed step by step with explanations. eg set a turn in place and then watch how the resolution phase plays out in slow motion with pop ups explaining why each thing that happens as it happens.

Offline A4A_ltd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 04:03:32 AM »
Something like this would be great!  Especially, if you wanted to see a specific rule played out.  Whether it was because you just wanted to become like Snarley and be judge worthy.  ;D   Or if you had a specific enquiry about a game you currently playing or over the game you just played. 

Once Stats are really a main concern for people, I could see people wanting to have an explanation.  Instead of claiming it is a bug or spamming Lightmare about some rage (emotion) incident.  Losing should exhibit certain emotions, particularly not revisiting those exact past errors.  Being passionate about winning is linked to being passionate about learning.

An interface such as mentioned below, would be most favorable. 

I could see optional rules tutorials that go thru detailed step by step with explanations. eg set a turn in place and then watch how the resolution phase plays out in slow motion with pop ups explaining why each thing that happens as it happens.

Offline Tower19

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 05:09:03 AM »

Great idea but you'll probably never see it in the game.  Especially in the mobile version (would take up way too much space).  I wouldn't doubt it if some version of your idea made its way into a fansite though.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 11:13:01 PM »
These actually are really good ideas.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline gpt999

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 11:24:33 AM »
I'm actually working on a kind of rulebook/glossary of some sort, tough it might take a while, especially with my grammar!
IGN: Darkname

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 01:50:38 AM »
Apparently the resolving phase takes all of the actions that both players did on their turn and places them on a single resolving stack. Remember, all actions you did on your turn never actually happened until they resolved.

Instead of using LIFO (Last in First out), Infinity Wars uses "Initiative" to support the design of both players taking their turn at the same time. This is genius imo.

When you understand how the stack resolves, everything clicks.

Resolving the stack is as follows...

1. Any characters moved to different zones or any characters casted and brought into play are done so right away. Initiative does not affect this portion of the stack.

2. Any spells or character abilities are resolved in this portion. First the spells and character abilities of the player with initiative, then the spells and character abilities of the other player. Anything killed in this phase will not participate in the attack resolving portion.

3. All characters in the attack zone of the initiative player attack first. Attackers are designated left to right. Defenders also defend left to right. Each character attacks once unless the character is unstoppable or has an ability like FD Coyle.

4. All characters in the attack zone of the other player attack next following the same rules.

5. When all of these phases are done, final checks are made such as health and morale values. Initiative does not decide which values are checked first. This is why draws can more likely happen. In MTG you can get a draw if both players kill each other while a stack is resolving, although in infinity wars....both turns are merged into one giant resolving stack.

Hopefully that clears things up for someone that is familiar with MTG rules (or confuses the heck out of ya xD).
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Viquel

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 06:46:09 AM »
If this is added to the first post (which it should :) ), please add, that "comes into play" resolves just like an ability. That characters are deployed & moved first and ignores initiative makes the phrase "comes into play" highly confusing. (This would give my Drones a fighting chance against those nasty Verore and/or DoD spells :/ )

In addition, "comes into play" must currently be read as "payed directly for" - so it may come from the hand or command, resurrecting doesn't trigger it :( (imho a bug, but as the feedback-form is one-way only....where art thou Teremus?

WWKnight

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 12:50:30 AM »
Its a bug.

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 01:05:10 AM »
If this is added to the first post (which it should :) ), please add, that "comes into play" resolves just like an ability. That characters are deployed & moved first and ignores initiative makes the phrase "comes into play" highly confusing. (This would give my Drones a fighting chance against those nasty Verore and/or DoD spells :/ )

In addition, "comes into play" must currently be read as "payed directly for" - so it may come from the hand or command, resurrecting doesn't trigger it :( (imho a bug, but as the feedback-form is one-way only....where art thou Teremus?
Imagining the commander as a "second hand" kinda helps with the in-play part. Though using the term "when deployed" may be more appropriate unless like WWK says it is a bug.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 08:36:32 AM »

As of right now, a card that has an effect being triggered from coming into play is not meant to be triggered from resurrection. If you would like to have a conversation on this, by all means do so as I personally am a fan of this being changed.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Viquel

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »

Imagining the commander as a "second hand" kinda helps with the in-play part. Though using the term "when deployed" may be more appropriate unless like WWK says it is a bug.

It all depends on if it's a bug or not. If it is not, it mustn't read "deployed" as the raise-creature-spells leave them as deployed creature (but they don't actually deploy them. is this understanable?)

WWKnight

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 01:00:06 AM »
Ive heard differently from someone else Teremus.

If it is indeed as you say it is and not intended, you cant have "comes into play" on the card.

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »

Physically "Coming into play" is something that all cards do.

A "comes into play ability" is something that resolves in the ability phase in order of Initiative. Sorry if that sounded confusing.
As of right now, a card that has an effect being triggered from coming into play is not meant to be triggered from resurrection. If you would like to have a conversation on this, by all means do so as I personally am a fan of this being changed.
Resurrected cards don't "count" as coming into play when it comes to resolving a "comes into play" ability? Ouch. Does that also mean that summoned tokens do not "come into play" when abilities are checking them either? I can understand you being a fan of it being changed if that's the case.
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.