Author Topic: [CDC] Type Change [CLOSED]  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Type Change
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 02:46:41 PM »
Name: Hostile Terrain
Faction/Purity: Warpath 2
Type: Location
Rarity: Rare
Cost: 3
Rules Text: Pay 4: Hostile Terrain transforms into a character until end of turn.
Flavor Text: "Something doesn't feel right here... I can sense something watching us, but I can't see anything..." - Lucca

Name: Hostile Terrain (character)
Faction/Purity: Warpath 2
Type: Elemental Character
Morale: 14
Attack/Health: 10/20
Rules Text: Haste
Flavor Text: "Oh great, I'm going to be killed by a pun." - Lucca

I think the way this is phrased, it wouldn't work at all. Since the transformation is an activatable ability, you would not be able to move the character until the ability has resolved. So haste would do nothing for the character, and at the end of turn it will return to being a location.

It's the same like using awaken or raise dead on characters with haste, you don't really get to use them the turn you raise them from the grave since you can't move them around during planning phase. Maybe remove the haste and change the transform effect to sth like 'Hostile Terrain transforms into a character until end of turn and is moved to a battlefield zone of your choice.'

You could pretend there was magic code allowing this to work. Like phantom cards that indicate the intended location or something but yeah i agree with toxicshadow

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 02:47:16 AM »
Slight edit to rules:

"2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. No double posting allowed, you may however edit your post as many times till the deadline."

changed to

"2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline."

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 05:16:08 AM »
Name:Possession
Faction/Purity:Exiles*3
Type:Spell
Rarity:Uncomman
Cost:6
Rules Text: Remove target from play. Create a x/x in your support zone where x equals 2*the cost of the target,

You may want to edit this, simply turning another card into a token is actually what I said to avoid.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 10:02:03 PM »
Glorious Martyr
2 FD
Unique Character--Human
Rare
Morale: 10
10/5

At the beginning of the resolution phase, Glorious Martyr moves to the front of whichever zone he is in (the front is the left).*
When Glorious Martyr dies, he transforms into the Mission "Honor the Martyr"

For the Dawn, for Aberion, and for Talich!

Honor the Martyr
2 FD
Mission
Rare
Whenever a character you control attacks, Honor the Martyr becomes 10% more complete. When Honor the Martyr becomes complete, characters you control gain +4/+0

For the Dawn, the Martyr, and for Talich!--Aberion

*I wanted to convey that he was locked to the front of whichever zone he's in, like he's always leading the charge. Locking him seemed like it would be buggy/hard to implement, so I tried to come up with an equivalent solution.

Very much inspired by the legend of El Cid, this fella will charge into battle and give you a boost if you honor his memory after his death. I wasn't sure what sort of bonus to give him, but "Warcry on a stick" seemed reasonable. I considered also reducing the affected characters' morale costs to show their zealotry but decided against it. The Martyr's morale is pretty hefty because I have a habit of balancing conservatively, but the condition of the mission he leaves behind is pretty simple for a FD player to fulfill (looking at you, Baldo). He's a 3-drop to fill out that portion of the FD curve (since other than Kali in command FD's 3-drops are pretty lacking) and to ensure that he's early enough that you can fulfill his mission.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 09:10:17 AM »
Name:Defense Turret
Faction/Purity:Genesis 1
Type: Artifact
Rarity:Uncommon
Cost: 4
Rules Text: At the start of the turn deal 4 damage to the first character in the opponents assault zone.
Pay 1: Choose assault zone or defense zone, defense turret transforms into Turret Mech and moves to the chosen zone.

Name: Turret Mech
Faction/Purity: Genesis 1
Type: Artificial Character
Rarity: Uncommon
Morale: 6
Attack/Health: 8/14
Rules Text: Transforms into Defense Turret at the end of the turn.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:13:31 AM by InvertedEye »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 01:08:16 PM »
Rules Text: At the start of the turn deal 4 damage to the first character in the opponents assault zone.
Pay 1: Choose assault zone or defense zone, defense turret transforms into Turret Mech and moves to the chosen zone.

This is interesting in that perhaps you can play off of for the first time there is an artifact in the assault or defense zone as it may transform back, but it doesnt say anything about returning to the support zone.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 02:01:57 PM »

This is interesting in that perhaps you can play off of for the first time there is an artifact in the assault or defense zone as it may transform back, but it doesnt say anything about returning to the support zone.
Artifacts can't exist in the battlefield so I would assume I don't need to specify that it returns to support.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 02:24:15 PM »

Artifacts can't exist in the battlefield so I would assume I don't need to specify that it returns to support.

huh i just thought there was never anything that ever moved them there was the reason. I still think it could be interesting like a character that turns into an indestructible stationary form

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 01:15:48 AM »
Changed my card

Offline quangtit01

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 02:18:47 AM »
Name: Martyr destroyer
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Artificial
Rarity: Legendary
Cost: 5
Morale: 10
Attack/Health: 14/6

Rules Text: Remove all copies of Martyr Golem in your deck, hands, graveyards from play.
Pay 0:Any damage that Martyr destroyer received is redirected to a character of your choice.

When Martyr Destroyer leaves the deploy area, it instead transforms into a "Martyr Golem".

Flavor Text: Before a protector, there was a righteous anger.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 12:23:25 PM »
Arcane Demonic Battery
Purity: 1CoV 1Exiles

Spells cost 1 less to play

May overcharge this card to turn this card into a Escaped Arcane Demon

Exploiting the power of an unwilling, wild demon. What could possibly go wrong?

Arcane Demon
Purity: 1 Exiles
Morale: 5
Type: Character - Demon
Stats: 12/12

Spells cost 1 less to play
Free and very angry!

That looks oddly familiar. I feel like I have seen a slightly different version of that card recently somewhere. ::)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 06:03:55 PM »
Well Mew stole your card idea name and Demon of Dark Bargain's effect. Sue him.  ;)
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 10:11:09 PM »
Well Mew stole your card idea name and Demon of Dark Bargain's effect. Sue him.  ;)
The effect is different then demon of dark bargains and there is nothing saying I can't take a name from someones old card that I liked.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 11:29:38 PM »
Build the Doomed Temple
3 cost
2 exiles
Unique Mission
Pay 2: Build the Doomed Temple becomes 7% more complete
Discard a random card: Build the Doomed Temple becomes 10% more complete, activate this ability only once each turn
when Build the Doomed Temple becomes 100% complete it transforms into the Doomed Temple

the Doomed Temple
2 exiles
Whenever you would discard a random card, you chose which card to discard, at the end of the turn put a Doomed Trial in your hand

if the Doomed Temple leaves play to anywhere but the battlefield it becomes Build the Doomed Temple

Doomed Trial
cost 5
2 exiles
ability
When you play Doomed Trial, distribute -13/-13 among the creatures on your opponent's battlefield, When you discard Doomed Trial, you may pay 2, if you do, draw a card and it gains exile X, where X is it's cost +1 unless it already has an exile cost

Offline ArcaneAzmadi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 02:05:22 PM »
Updated mine to reflect some of the suggestions I received.
Always expect the worst and you can only be pleasantly surprised.