Card Design Challenge – Type Change
I want to see your designs for a card that becomes a different type as part of some sort of transformation/transition.
The only existing card I can think of off the top of my head that does something like this is Weaponize, and that just turns an artifact into a textless, generic token.
I'd like to see some more interesting cards using this mechanic on themselves, not just turning a separate card into some token.
Just to clarify it's TYPE, not sub-type (human, beast, etc) or super-type (unique, unlimited), I'm talking Character, Artifact, Location, Ability, Mission. (using Ability or Mission would probably be more difficult but if you can make it work that's cool)
The change could be one-way or reversible, and while it may be practically identical mechanics wise I'm not really looking for a card that is used just to create another card, basically it should be a continuation of the same object/being/effect, just in a different form, more or less.
(Make sure you keep in mind that if it can transform into a character multiple times its stats will be reset each time, unless otherwise specified in your entry)
--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) If you edit your post you should make an additional post in this thread informing of the edit to make sure that the updated version of the card will be judged. The post should contain the full updated card details as well as a brief summary of what changed from your original submission.
4) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round.
5) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.
1st place: 1 Faction Pack + 2 Collection Packs
2nd place: 2 Collection Packs
3rd place: 1 Collection Pack
SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT
Submissions Close on Friday October 21, 2016 2:30 AM PST