Author Topic: Pod 1--Flame Dawn--In Character  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
Re: Pod 1--Flame Dawn--In Character
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2016, 12:49:35 AM »
My Lords,
Enclosed is my budget proposal, as well as reasoning behind each of my decisions. I have given this much thought, and I urge my Lords to consider these proposals with great gravity. But, as always, I will respect the will of the Council when the time comes.

I will say, however, that I take the blame for our failed diplomatic conquest of the Genesis Remnant. By the same token, however, I also take the credit for securing two far more important nation-states that yet held out against the tide of our advance. With fresh troops and an unspoiled industrial sector in Bask and Jittaria, combined with the knowledge we may yet glean from the Omnimind, it is time to crush the remnant of Genesis Industries with no remorse or pity. They have made up their minds, and it is time we made good on our promises. Then, we can turn our attention to the foreign fronts.

Yours in Flame,
Arch-Cyurate Baelish

Exploration: 3
Diplomacy: 4
Offense: 7
Recruitment: 0
Industry: 4
Research: 0
Security: 2

Exploration Actions: We must send scouts to discover both the status of the Warpath, as well as the status of the rift leading to Reish.

I have a plan of action that will require us to make our way to that world, to continue our grand strategy to spread the Dawn across these new worlds. But we must discover what might lay in our way.

Diplomatic Actions: We must appease our Overseer allies, and assure them that we will not let Genesis Industries go unpunished for the continued defiance of their remaining forces. We will thank them profusely for their continued assistance, and brief them on our plan to seek our more enemies that yet resist us.

Offensive Actions: Lanstead can be knocked over by a stiff breeze, but we will give them more than that. The full fury of the Flame Dawn's armies will fall upon them. Deploy the bulk of our troops from Neon, leaving a contingent of Aspirants in the city to keep order.

Our Morningstar Knights will lead the assault in a similar fashion to the attack on Neon. While they might be aware of our capabilities now, the Genesis troops in Lanstead will be disoriented, confused, and low on morale.

We will not stop until we bring back Lucca in chains to Aubade, and there she will face judgment for her betrayal of the Overseers, and her unjust execution of a messenger of peace.

Recruitment Actions: N/A

Industrial Actions: We must not only supply our troops, but we must continue to rebuild the destroyed infrastructure of the areas surrounding Lanstead, in preparation for a true build up of our forces.

Research Actions: N/A

Security Actions: These Genesis dogs are crafty. We must remain vigilant that they do not damage our operations during this delicate time in re-organizing and consolidation.

Special Actions/Votes:

Declaration of War: Cult of Verore

My choice for our new enemy may surprise you, brothers, but it is one made after much thought: The Cult of Verore has already turned one member of this esteemed Council to their services, and killed another. While we may have been embroiled in other conflicts, we cannot forget such a slight.

Not only that, but even in our concentration we have heard rumors that the Cult is divided. This is our chance to crush them, and gain understanding of their magics. From the ashes of this androgynistic coven, we can form a new breed of solider, augmented with the technologies recovered from Genesis Industries.

Not only that, but the Warpath will surely be anticipating an attack from us once we finally defeat Genesis Industries. After all, we've done it before. But brothers, they would not only be surprised at our gesture to defeat the cult, they might even join our efforts. And during that time, we will turn them against one another as to our purposes. We will uplift tribes eager to work with us, we will play upon old grudges, and when we are strong and flush with power, we will swiftly bend them to our will.

Ask Aleta of Neon to become Assistant-Cyurate of the Special Research Projects Division:

In my years working as Arch-Cyurate of the Special Research Projects Division, as well as Chief Ambassador, I can say the work produced by Aleta of Neon is unrivaled. Her addition to my staff (in a leading role, no less), is not a decision I make lightly, but it is a risk I am willing to take to obtain such quality.

Persuading her to work under my division and offering her a position would greatly lend itself to an understanding of the Omnimind system, as well as reverse engineering Genesis technology to adapt to our flesh and blood troops.

I offer her a position only answerable to me, and this council, with a full pardon and privilages given only to the most high in the Flame Dawn Empire, in exchange for her cooperation and work on projects.

Or she can rot in her cell for the rest of eternity, until we get bored and turn her over to the Overseers.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 01:52:11 AM »
TURN 7

The council chamber was shrouded in darkness, the lights turned down to their lowest setting. "Well," Lord Commander Erebus began, "it certainly has been an interesting week." He snapped his fingers and the lights increased their brightness so you could read the reports.

Exploration Report:
The scouts sent through the Rift to the Untamed World became comically lost and spent multiple days just hiking around in circles around the base at the rift. They have since been demoted to peeling potatoes.

Security Report:
Although the Genesis Remnant did its best to sabotage our attack plans, our noble security teams managed to stave off their sabotage.

Research Report:
Our researchers spent the week scratching their heads, scribbling down designs for Project: Goliath, and crumpling up those papers and throwing them into waste bins. Nothing was accomplished.

Diplomatic Report:
Our envoys were unable to find the Rift to Reish, so although the Flame Dawn Empire is at war with the Cult of Verore, they don't yet know it. Our diplomatic overtures to the Warpath failed miserably and they are currently on a war footing with us, although they have not yet attacked.

Battle Report:
Our forces were brought from Neon to attack Lanstead with full force. The assault began with a frontal assault by the Morningstar Knights. There was a bitter battle for the walls, but once the walls were breached the Morningstar forces were able to smash through the defenses. It was a prolonged fight, but when the dust settled the Genesis Remnant had surrendered. The rest of the force swept into the city and began to occupy it. Lucca, the leader of the Genesis Remnant, attempted to escape the city. During a brief skirmish, she was captured. Casualties: 400 Morningstar Knights slain during the taking of the city, 100 Aspirants lost during the capture of Lucca. 1000 Genesis Industries soldiers were captured, bringing the total number of captured GIs to 1350.

Troop Deployments:
Occupying Neon: 2000 Aspirants
Occupying Lanstead: 500 Morningstar Knights, 2500 Aspirants
Defending the Rift to the Untamed World: 1400 Aspirants, 550 Knights
Reserves: 650 Overseers Auxiliaries, 800 Jittarian Auxiliaries, 200 Bask Auxiliaries

"Well," Mew said, "the battle for Lanstead went well."

"Even if nothing else did," Erebus said. "Baelish, how went your negotiations with the Aleta of Neon?"

The Arch-Cyurate smiled. "She has agreed to serve as Assistant-Cyurate. We now have 1 free research roll each turn. It is unfortunate that the Warpath is currently hostile, but I'm sure that with a little bit of effort they can be made compliant or turned against each other. With all of Talich now under our control, conquering the rest of the infinite realms should be easy."

"And the Overseers, are they still with us?"

"Yes."

"Well then," Lord Commander Erebus said, "even if this week could have gone better, progress continues to be made. Let's get our budgets in by the 26th."

"We'll have to vote on what to do with the prisoners and with Lucca," Mew pointed out, "though I think we know what will happen to her."

"The Overseers are already clamoring for us to hand her over," Baelish said, "but the decision is ours."
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 02:34:31 AM »
My Lords,
Enclosed is my budget proposal, as well as reasoning behind each of my decisions. I have given this much thought, and I urge my Lords to consider these proposals with great gravity. But, as always, I will respect the will of the Council when the time comes.

Despite the rather...comical upsets during the last week, we still have made great strides in bolstering our position here on Talich. With the assistance of my new second in command, I propose a renewed research program, aimed at developing heavy weapons to use both against the Cult of Verore, and the Warpath.

Yours in Flame,
Arch-Cyurate Baelish

Diplomacy: 10
Offense: 0
Recruitment: 2
Industry: 3
Research: 2 + 1
Security: 0

Exploration Actions: Send troops through the rift, this time armed with both weapons AND maps. Give them a detachment of 100 Morningstar Knights from Lanstead to help clear any obstructing foliage.

However, if approached by natives, DO NOT engage. Respect their love for any sacred trees, and find another way through. Mark the location on your map as a potential enclave for resistance in the future, and move on.

Diplomatic Actions: Approach the Warpath tribes again. Show them a copy of our declaration of war against the Cult of Verore, and offer them a treaty: An unobstructed route to the Reish rift, in exchange for food, medicine, and whatever else they could possibly need.

Perhaps the beasts would enjoy some cuisine? Show them some examples of what Aubade, Bask, and Jittaria have to offer. The tribes of the Warpath are relatively primitive, I would imagine that a taste of the rich flavors of Talich might intrigue them enough to let us pass.

After all, it's not like our soldiers would have any use for civilian spices, now would they?

Even if the beasts reject our overtures, we can hold this up as propaganda. Vicious, wild beasts attacking messengers of the peace. This would be wonderful material to spur voluntary recruitment.

Offensive Actions: None, other than transferring out troops from Lanstead and bringing them in a trickle towards the rift base.

Recruitment Actions: Begin promoting the most useful among the Aspirants to Knights and Morningstar Knights, to replenish their numbers.

Industrial Actions: Continue the repair work in Neon and Lanstead. Continue the construction of war munitions, but also divert resources to some civilian goods. If nothing else, even if our deal with the Warpath goes south, we can always give the troops a little "thank you" gift for the conquest of Genesis Industries. Might do morale some good.

Research Actions: My team languishes without funding, it's time to put them to some good use: Begin decoding the Omnimind datacores with Aleta's help. See if there's anything useful in there we can salvage.

Security Actions: N/A

Special Proposals:

Turn Lucca over to the Overseers. She has proven to be nothing but trouble, and having her see Justice would be useful. She is the most prominent anti-Overseers antagonist left alive, and her death would please the Overseers greatly.

Offer all Genesis Industries prisoners a choice: Lifetime servitude in a penal construction unit, or a full pardon with a minimum 15 year service to the Flame Dawn's military.

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2016, 03:02:20 AM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

**Subject: Resource Allocation**
**To: Lord Aberion, High Council of Dawn**

Diplomacy: 3
Recruitment: 4
Research:6

Hunt down the warpath we need to find them if we are to kill them.

Diplomacy: 3

Try to keep relations with the OoS friendly and try to learn what some of there priorities here are.

With no clear path to the Cult of Verore there is no way to attack them

Recruitment: 4

We need to get more morningstar knights promote anyone who has shown some skill in our recent battles.

Repairing Neon and landsteed would help to win over many people in Gi well also giving us a new coroner of industry in Talish.

Research: 6

We need to crack that datacore once we do that we have access to one of the greatest tools GI ever made.

With no one to attack us there is no need to protect us from spies.

Special actions
On the note of Lucca I would like to give her and option. Work for us as a researcher or go on trial for the murder of the messenger we sent to her where she will be found guilty and executed.

On the GI prisoners I agree with the Cyurate's plan for them however I would like to give those who are gifted in the labs the option to go there rather then the front lines.
--END TRANSMISSION--

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 07:33:38 AM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

**Subject: Budget Proposal**

Exploration: 0
Diplomacy: 11
Recruitment: 3
Research: 3 + 1

See diplomacy for explanation.

Diplomacy: 11 (+1 Override)

In previous encounters the warpath has proven itself to be both a formidable and enduring foe. Though many of our lieutenants have spoken ill of their bestial nature I believe they have the capacity to be the most potent foe our empire has ever encountered - or one of our most stalwart allies. We must accept the unfortunate reality that because of their appearance they will never be fully integrated into our empire - it is unfortunately human nature to despise something so radically...different. While this will be a crossroads we will inevitably come to and have to deal with I believe it is in our best interest to become as strong an ally with them as we possibly can and, if possible form a brotherhood with them in the fires of combat. At some point the Hammer of Dawn will no doubt cast his gaze upon their domain, but if we can at least do so honorably and with respect it will make the transition smoother. The stories I have heard about this cult's treatment of the Warpath is monstrous at best and terrifying for what it implies if we fall to them. This cult represents not simply a threat to our dominion but a threat to life itself and must be cleansed with the full ferocity of the Flame Dawn empire.

To that end, I propose creating a military alliance with the Warpath, sharing resources and medicine to help them recover from the atrocities committed by this dark cult. In exchange we would ask that they provide us all military intelligence pertaining to this cult as well as welcome a joining of their war council with our own to discuss how we can cooperatively address this grave threat. While the cult may not necessarily be strong, what they represent horrifies me and must be ended at all costs without mercy or hesitation.

While establishing this fragile alliance we must ensure that all goes well. Make sure that all members of our diplomatic envoy are instructed in the customs and cultures of the warpath and have unquestionable loyalty to the empire.

Much of our attack strategy will be greatly affected by establishing relations with the Warpath. Until this is solidified in one way or the other it would be unwise for us to exhaust our military strength on unknowns.

We must continue increasing our numbers and training our aspirants to become worthy of the title of Knight and Morningstar. After our recent battles I feel there are numerous individuals who have demonstrated they are worthy of taking the next step in their military career and I would propose that list of names be transmitted to High Command for consideration.

With our industrial sectors normalizing I feel it is time to begin open discussion of how we can utilize our industrial resources to supplement our military's prowess. If at all possible we should take inventory of our decommissioned mechanized battalions and consider re-integrating them into our army with the help of some of the Genesis Dissenters. Contrary to popular belief, there were numerous intellectuals in the city of Lanstead who were not happy that Lucca continued on in spite of the siege.

Research: 3(+1 - Aleta)

With Aleta assisting the Arch Cyurate - I believe there is a great deal of data we can obtain from the omnimind data cores. The greatest trap with the last one - the virus - should be able to be circumvented with her expertise in the subject matter.

There are currently no significant internal threats which we are aware of.
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2016, 01:18:49 AM »
TURN 8

Aberion sat at the head of the council table, grinning. "Those beasts really rolled over, didn't they?"

Arch-Cyurate Baelish smiled thinly. "Indeed," he said, although the diplomatic victory had taken many resources--both in terms of time and money. "The uncultured beasts were salivating at the thought of the delicacies that we offered them. The Warpath is now once again allied with us, just as in the days of the Sleeper Infestation."

Aberion laughed. "What a bunch of fools. Once this Cult you have told me about is exterminated, we'll hunt them down." Rising from the table, he left the room.

An aide walked forward with the reports. "My lords," he said, bowing, then he left.

Exploration Report:
Our scouts were able to establish a safe route from the Rift to between Talich and the Untamed World to the rift to the land of Reish. It appears, however, that the Rift is guarded. The extent of the defenses and identity of the forces there are not yet known.

Diplomatic Report:
The Warpath is now allied with the Flame Dawn Empire following the Arch-Cyurate's (notably very expensive) diplomatic mission. The rebel Lucca was handed over with great fanfare to the Overseers of Solace, who in return provided us with 850 Auxiliaries and their continued goodwill. The Vassal States of Bask and Jittaria have continued to send their conscripts to serve in the Empire's armies.

Research and Recruitment Report:
600 Aspirants from the Lord Commander's list were promoted to Morningstar Knights. Meanwhile, the Arch-Cyurate's research teams were hard at work on the Omnimind data cores that have been captured by the Empire's forces. Assistant-Cyurate Aleta assures the council that she is 39.9733364% of the way done with cracking the AI's self-updating security protocols.

Troop Deployments:
Occupying Lanstead: 2000 Aspirants
At the Talich-Untamed Rift: 1000 Morningstar Knights, 500 Knights, 900 Aspirants
Reserves: 1500 Overseers Auxiliaries, 1600 Jittarians, 400 Basks, 1300 GI Conscripts

"Quiet, but productive," Lord Commander Erebus noted. "Excellent."

"We should discover who is holding the rift to Reish," Mew said.

"It's possible that we can use our diplomatic ties with the Overseers to secure our passage through their defenses," Baelish said. "Then we can focus our forces on tackling the Cult."

"Well, gentlemen," Erebus said, "let's get in our budgets by the 3rd. The Untamed World is our oyster," he smiled and the rest of you laughed, as oysters had been part of the culinary offering to the Warpath, "soon the dark world of Reish will kneel before the light of the Flame Dawn."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:34:11 AM by Benionin »
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2016, 02:12:15 PM »
My Lords,

Brothers, we have achieved an incredible victory this past week. Not through force of arms, but through force of the mind. We have successfully placated these beasts, and now we stand on the brink of eliminating not one, but two of our enemies in one swift stroke. But first, we must take what is rightfully ours.

Yours in Flame,
Arch-Cyurate Baelish

Exploration: 2
Diplomacy: 2
Research: 6 + 1
Security: 3

Exploration Actions:

Approach whomever is guarding the rift. Discern their identity, and then report back. Do not engage under any circumstances.

Diplomatic Actions:

Continue with a steady stream of supplies and gifts to the Warpath, and also approach the Overseers. Thank them for their support, and prepare the construction of a monument in Neon to commemorate our joint victory.

Offensive Actions: N/A

Recruitment Actions: Conscript more Aspirants. We must prepare a steady surplus of fresh troops for the long march to Reish, for we will surely lose many to the witches.

Industrial Actions: Continue the rebuilding of our Genesis infrastructure, and begin to create a surplus of supplies for a sustained offensive campaign.

Research Actions: We must continue the decryption of the Omnimind core. This must proceed with all due haste.

Security Actions: Keep an eye on any potential lingering remnants of resistance from Genesis lands...and covertly look into Assistant-Cyurate Aleta's work. Make sure nothing malicious is occurring on that end. While I would hate to think she would betray us, one cannot be too careful. Trust...but verify.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2016, 11:43:25 PM »
INCOMING TRANSMISSION:

TO: LORD'S COUNCIL
SUBJECT: MESSAGE FROM RIFT

My Lords, our base here in the Untamed World has just received a message that purports to be from the forces holding the Rift to Reish. The message was sent by a spirit which nailed the scroll to the front gate and disappeared before we could detain it for questioning. Attached is the message that we received.

Knights of the Flame Dawn,

I am Captain Jiro of the Descendants of the Dragon. We have seen your scouts lurking around the Rift to Reish and have heard of your declaration of war against the Cult of Verore. We have watched you convince the beasts of the Warpath to allow you to pass through their world as allies.
     I have seen all of this, and heard more. Representatives from the Overseers of Solace have told us of your battles against the rebels from Genesis Industries, of your service during the Infestation. But our own emissaries to the Warpath have heard of your warmongering ways, of how you invaded their world and sought to destroy them before the arrival of the Sleepers, then abandoned them in the face of that overwhelming threat. The stories we have received from refugees of the former Genesis Industries do not even bear retelling, such is their condemnation.
     There is evil in your hearts, and ambition. The Overseers tell me that your forces desire passage to Reish, where you will fight the Sorceresses of the Cult of Verore. What a laughable and transparent ambition. The Cult is in shambles and poses no threat to you. They are not your enemies, only scapegoats to ensure that the Warpath agree to your peace before you inevitably betray them.
     Reish is a world marred by evil. It has poisoned our skies and withered our fields, turned our people into monsters and corrupted even the most steadfast. Monsters you cannot comprehend haunt its wastes. I and my men have sworn to stand as beacons of light and hope in this darkness, to protect our homes from evil and purge Reish of the vile taint that has overwhelmed it.
     I will not add your evil to my world's suffering. I will not allow your soldiers to pass through the Rift, and if you should try you will find a jade wall in your way. Attend to your own homes, to your own affairs. Attack the Warpath as you no doubt plan to do while they don't expect it.
     But stay away from Reish. Your empire is a sickness upon these worlds, and in everything that you do I will oppose you. Should you make enemies of us we will not falter, we will not rest, we will never stop until you find yourselves exhausted and reeling, unable to continue and kneeling in the blood of your slain comrades, staring at the feet of the proud warriors you could not make kneel.
     Run home, little knights, with your shiny golden armor and your fancy Morningstars. You will not find any welcome from Reish.

Captain Jiro

My Lords, this is a blatant insult to the glory of the Flame Dawn, but pursuant to your instructions we have avoided engaging the enemy in battle. What are your orders?

Knight-Governor Damian of the Untamed World

END TRANSMISSION
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2016, 08:28:59 PM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

**Subject: Letter to the Descendants of the dragon**
**To: Knight-Governor Damian**

Thanks you Damian for the swift response in relaying the letter to the council I have set upon writing a response to the Descendants as quickly as possible the letter is as follows
To whom it may concern

After receiving the letter from Captain Jiro refusing us entry into Reish, insulting the dawn and urging us to attack our allies the Warpath it seems almost like a logical course of action to declare war on the descendants of the dragon. However a rash Captain in these uneasy times should not decided the fate of a nation.

Well it is true the Flame Dawn is not a peaceful nation we are an honorable one. We do not witch to attack the cult simply out of greed or other ambitions. They have committed many heinous crimes none should know this better than you yourself as you have had this misfortune of living beside them until the rifts opened. Well I am sure it is unnecessary I feel it necessary to once again explain the crimes that they have committed and why we must stop them from continuing.

The Cult of Verore is a society built on the needly pain and suffering of anyone unlucky enough to be enslaved by them. They have shown no remorse in their quest for power killing and enslaving any who get in there way without ever offering any alternative to their victims. They torn a rift to torment from which a demonic plague grows on the lands with each passing day. They have killed countless citizens from both of our nation's, refused to aid us and the Overseers of Solace in our plight fighting the undead. Not only this but the cult continues to bring forth more demons with each passing day worsening the demonic plague and making it ever harder for us to purge this infestation from the lands once the time has come.

Well I wish I could turn my back on Reish and leave you to your own devices this is simply not an option with the threat of a new plague of the same magnitude of the sleepers looming on the horizon in Reish. Well from this it may seem like we should focus our energy on defeating the exils other demons that have established a foothold this would be pointless task well the cult remains bringing forth more demons then we could ever hope to kill. So to this end it appears that the correct solution is to cut of the snake's head by destroying what remains of the Cult before they can do any more damage.

To this end I pled to you allow us to bring the dawn's light to  Reish and let us strike down the cult and demonic infestation by letting us pass by without bloodshed. I would be honored if you would be willing to stand  united with us against the Verore, however simply allowing us to pass without needing to bring arms would still prevent any wasted life in this case.

Make several copies of the letter and have some heralds deliver it to as many of the DoD as possible. Try to make sure the captain receives a copy as well. Also congratulations on your promotion to governor your excellent work during the infection leading Aberion's wolfs did not go unnoticed.
--END TRANSMISSION--

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2016, 03:14:32 AM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

**Subject: *Budget Allocations*
**To: High Council of Dawn**

Brothers in Arms,

The previous week, while not glorious have been highly productive and fruitful. I would remind the council however that the glory of the flame dawn empire is built on honor and strength at arms. While I do see the use in some of our recent political actions, I would remind the council to be cautious in how we approach diplomacy with other nations. At some point we will meet most of, if not all of them on the field of combat and it is our troops who will suffer the most if we give otherwise honorable opponents reason to abandon the integrity and honesty of war for immediate gains. When it comes to foul witches and demons I have no problem with such diplomatic tactics as I am already aware they will betray us at the first opportunity. The warpath and the Descendants however both seem to be an honorable foe and as such it would benefit the glory of the empire far more to meet them on the field of open combat than to dispose of them behind closed doors.

That said, I believe it is imperative for us to do whatever is necessary to crush Veroria and Torment as quickly as possible. They pose a threat not just to the sovereignty of the Flame Dawn Empire, but to all life in general. It is my belief that all other conquests can wait until this threat is buried and dealt with. If we proceed while we have the initiative we can defeat these demons swiftly without suffering any damage to our own great nation - and in the bloodbath it may be possible to fold some of these damaged nations into our own empire without having to cast our blood into it first.

The Flame Dawn Empire is built on martial prowess. But as we slowly begin to take control of what is left of the world we know of we must consider that one day in the near future we will run out of nations to conquer. When that time comes, we must prepare to transition from a nation of war to one of prosperity. But that day is not today.

Glory to the Empire,

Lord Commander Erebus

Exploration: 2
Diplomacy: 2
Research: 6 + 1
Security: 3

For the moment we concur fully with the Arch-Cyurate's assessment and see no reason to suggest any deviation from his strategic plan. However, we would request that we begin the process of reverse-engineering the Aircraft we obtained from the capture of Neon. With the rifts being such a difficult chokepoint - it will be more imperative now than ever to be able to send war resources through the rifts quickly while also being able to give us reconnaissance in some of these unexplored sectors through the rifts.

--End Transmission--

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

**Subject: Resource Allocation**

Diplomacy: 18
Industry: 2
Research:0+1

We got bigger fish to fry then learning the lay of the land in the untamed world

Diplomacy: 18

I want that letter given to ever single member of the DoD possible request and audience with the  sages and explain why we can't leave the Veroe and exiles unattended as the demonic plague is spreading and the rift to Torment must be closed to save our universe before the plague take such firm roots we still  never be able to remove it. Request there aid in stopping it there knowledge of magic would be a large asset to us in these dire times.

We still must secure a way to attack the cult.

We should just rely on the conscripts we are getting for now.

Industry: 2

We need to keep everyone feed still

Research: 0+1

Get Aleta to work on the core it is a priority still however securing a route to Reish should be our top priority.

Feeling pretty safe currently with our only enemy in Riche and the DoD holding the rift.

--END TRANSMISSION--

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2016, 07:01:35 PM »
Turn 9

Three men sat in the council chamber, dumbfounded. Lord Commander Erebus had no words. Nor did Mew. Even Aberion, force and action given form, couldn't think of anything to do other than sit still.

Lord Baelish was gone.

Finally, Erebus spoke up. "This development... has been unfortunate. It is a... setback."

You looked at the report. Arch-Cyurate Baelish had left the council, his displeasure suddenly all too apparent. With him, all of the Jittarian and Bask auxiliaries and Genesis Conscripts. Before he left, he launched an attack on the Overseers at Solace's Gate, freeing Lucca and the Avarrach Aleta. Unconfirmed reports indicate that he whisked away the Untamed World's Aleta before departing for Jittaria and declaring its independence from the Dawn. Assistant-Cyurate Aleta (Talich) and Kali, the Purifier, have also joined him. The Firmament Foundation is now a belligerent faction.

Diplomatic Report:
The Overseers, incensed at being attacked by forces wearing the colors of the Flame Dawn, have withdrawn all auxiliary forces. Relations have become strained to the point of war. Diplomatic ties to the Warpath have also degenerated, with the beasts claiming that the Dawn kidnapped their treasured leader. In addition, the council received the following letter from the Descendants of the Dragon:

Knights of the Flame Dawn,

Your last letter has only proved your arrogance and barbarity. We will deal with the Cult and the Exiles ourselves, in alliance with the Overseers of Solace. Any help you could offer is clearly inferior and suspect. If you want to make it to Reish, you'll have to fight your way through us, you uncultured swine.

Signed,
Yuanshi, Sage of Ferocity

Recruitment Report:
500 additional Aspirants were promoted to knighthood.

Research Report:
Before the Arch-Cyurate's betrayal, his research teams were able to crack the Omnimind data core, revealing information that has allowed us to upgrade all of our knights' weapons. However, Baelish and Aleta took the core with them to the Firmament Foundation. If it can be retrieved, it will yield a great deal of information. The Lord Commander's Project GOLIATH has begun work since Baelish's betrayal and is currently 40% complete.

Troop Dispositions:
Occupying Lanstead: 2000 Aspirants
At the Talich-Untamed Rift: 1000 Morningstar Knights, 1000 Knights
Reserves: None

"I think we can describe this turn as an unqualified disaster," Mew groaned. "And we put so much effort into diplomacy!"

"Indeed," Erebus replied, "but Baelish was in charge of the diplomatic efforts. His treachery has wrought havoc upon the Empire."

"At least he didn't take the Morningstar knights," Mew pointed out.

"No, he didn't, but he left a message saying that if we attacked him with the Morningstar Knights he would shut off their armor."

"Can he do that?"

"I have no idea, but I wouldn't doubt it. It's too much to risk."

The chamber falls into silence. Finally, Aberion shifts in his chair. "I don't get it," he said.

"My lord?"

"How'd he do it? How'd Baelish manage it? Puffy, I'm too impressed to even be mad!"

You looked at each other. "Let's get in our budgets by... I suppose the 17th will have to do," Erebus said, sighing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:06:19 PM by Benionin »
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2016, 08:45:28 PM »
*For the past week since the betrayal of Baelish there has been no sight or word of the Lord Commander. Last reports was that he took his personal guard composed of the Elite Knights which took part in operation Falling Skies to attempt to reconcile or assassinate the Arch-Cyurate, but there has been no word since, until a transmission from the Silent general finally reached the council of dawn*

To Emperor Aberion and the remnants of the High Council,

For the past decade I have watched my beloved Empire fall to temptation, corruption and dishonor. The height of our glory passed with the fall of the sleepers. I had hoped that being brought so close to the brink of destruction would have changed us for the better. Instead, we traded our freedom for the false security brought to us by the Overseers. We continued to conquer not for the world order we had once sought to achieve but for simple bloodlust. We betrayed our allies who fought beside us and became the very scourge we sought to end. We promised to fight beside those who we intended to betray. As a final insult, you would have sent me to my friend with open arms with the intention of betraying his trust as well.

Everything I have done has been not for Aberion or you self-righteous fools of the Flame Dawn Empire, but for the people of Tallich. Though our methods were no doubt violent, they were the means to a greater end. Peace. Now that we have achieved that end your greed is still not satiated as you still seek more loss and violence and to give up even more of our freedoms, making our empire nothing but a puppet to the false prophets above.

Once again I find myself forced to take up arms, but this time it is against the corruption of my own homeland. I know many will see a certain hypocrisy in my actions, joining in this betrayal. But I betrayed the people long ago when I refused to stand up to this leadership. I betrayed my mentor, Bromich, when I failed to speak to him about the corruption he had so desperately trying to combat with words.

No more.

Today I join the Firmament Foundation and encourage all those who would fight for a free and secure Tallich to do the same. Today will mark the first day when the sun sets over the Flame Dawn Empire - for when the sun next rises it will be for the glory of all those of Talich.

Those who would desire peace must prepare for war.

Glory to Talich,

Lord Commander Erebus.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2016, 09:07:29 PM »
**TIME RELEASE MESSAGE ACTIVATED - BEGIN TRANSMISSION**
**TO: GENERAL BROADCAST ALL CHANNELS**

Citizens of Talich,

Today I bring you terrible news. Today marks the beginning of something I had hoped we could avoid but seems inevitable. Civil War is upon us. For the past several decades our empire has grown while the people have suffered. Our so-called "leaders" have made us into nothing more than puppets and we have lost the strength of will that we once had. The Empire has grown, but what do you, the people, have to show for it? Increased wealth? No. That has gone to your rulers. A better way of living? No - the overseers have done all they can to ensure that our advancement grows only as far as they permit. Our culture? No. We have grown bloodthirsty and desire war for war's sake. We have lost purpose and in that loss we have also lost ourselves.

But even at our worst, I have seen the best of all of you. I have seen the honor still inside the men and women of the Empire, and though our government is corrupt I still believe in the people who live inside it. I still believe in you. I have fought and bled beside my sisters and brothers and seen what they can accomplish when they fight for each other, when they fight with a purpose. Today, I hope to bring to you an awakening which will motivate you not to fight for the Emperor or for mere survival, but to fight for your own sake. Fight for a United Talich where we might, for once, be able to experience not only a lasting peace, but one where we are truly free to make our own decisions and fight for what truly matters.

Already, people of every nation gather in Talich to fight this war, and to stand side by side so that we might reclaim our homes, our dignity, but most importantly our honor. We, the Firmament Foundation fight for a United Talich, where we don't live under the oppressive rule of a warmongering emperor or the constant threat of war.

What I ask of you today is indeed what it sounds like - I ask you to stand up to the Empire and to become a "heretic". It is a terrifying task to be sure, one that up until recently I was afraid to do myself - but with some help from those who think as I, I see that it is not only right, but also possible. I encourage all of you who would join us to fight, but to not do so alone. I encourage you to speak your mind and fight any way you can with all of your being.

Most importantly though - I want you to do something terrifying which has not been asked of you for quite some time. I want you to think, and act for yourself. And, if in so doing you desire to seek us of the Firmament Foundation out to aid our cause - do so.

GLORY TO TALICH!

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2016, 09:31:07 PM »
*Several Days Later - At Lanstead. A vid-drone approaches the military encampment*

Greetings Blood Siblings,

Many of you know me. Together we shed blood here so that we could finally seal a lasting peace. As you know however, this peace ended almost immediately as our leadership declared war as soon as we finally had united the world of Talich at the behest of our bloodthirsty Emperor. So long as we follow Aberion the tragedies of war will be grave and eternal. You who know me know that I am a man of honor and would never ask of you what I would not do myself. I ask you to join me in my holy crusade. For far too long we have died, and for what? So that those above us may obtain riches? So that the people can live safely so long as they do not think for themselves?

I have thought upon this act of "heresy" that I now perform for quite sometime and realize that it is morally imperative for me to do so. For far too long the character of our empire has decayed. We betray those who bleed beside us and we fight where we are told rather than where we are needed. I know this will not be an easy task for many of you as I now ask you to fight beside those who have slain some of your own and brought you no small measure of pain. Until recently it was my belief that the Flame Dawn represented peace and a new world order, but I now understand that to be a lie. So long as it exists, the Flame Dawn will always be at war and death will follow in its wake. It is a destructive beast on an unending rampage - unless we stop it.

If you wish for peace in your children's lifetime then we must once again stand on the brink and prepare for war. No more. Today I ask you to once again join me on the field of battle, but this time I ask you not only to fight for your brothers and sisters but to fight for your family. For other families and for yourself. Already Bask, Jittara and many of your own noble brothers and sisters have joined our cause at the Firmament Foundation.

In many ways, the Firmament Foundation seeks to be all the empire once was, and more. We still seek a unified Tallich, but without the censorship of the Overseers or the blind blood fury of a foolish emperor. We seek war not so that we may prepare for our next conquest, but to bring about peace. Join me, and together we will finally make the Talich we have fought for so long a reality.

If not for that then know this - all those who bleed beside me as a result of their forced conscription will be released from their service upon the completion of this campaign should they so wish it. If our legacy is to be one of choice then the decision to fight must be your own.

Glory to Talich!

--END TRANSMISSION--