Author Topic: Pod 1--Flame Dawn--In Character  (Read 5273 times)

Offline mew28

• View Profile
Re: Pod 1--Flame Dawn--In Character
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 01:15:13 AM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

**Subject: Resource Allocation**
**To: Lord Aberion, High Council of Dawn**

Exploration: 3
Diplomacy: 1
Offense: 0
Recruitment: 1
Industry: 7
Research: 1
Security: 3

I feel like hunting down some priority targets for assassination and kidnappings would be a boon to out attacks on GI if they could be exactitude successfully.

Diplomacy: 1

I would like to try to mostly maintain out relation with the Overseers. If possible put in a request for a light-caster for out scientist to look at.

With our blunder supplying out army we are unfortunately unable to attack Gi at this time

Recruitment: 1

We currently have an ample supply of aspirants however we can always use more to replace the loses we take in battle

Industry: 7

We must now build the tools of war I feel like out top priority after the basic like ammo and food should be to get all of our veterans equipped with  morningstar arms and armor. If we have anything left after that I would like to see what tanks we have left reactivated.

Research: 1

I would like to see the development of cybernetic implants start. I feel like we are starting to reach the limit of what our bodies are able to do and with that we must find was to get past these problems so I feel we should look no further the the types of machines GI can build. If we could infuse the power of man and machine we would be able to keep our veterans fighting even after they lose a limb or take what would have bein previously crippling injury.

Keeping project morningstar hidden for GI should still be a priority. However we should also try to make sure there is no more sabotages on our supplies this time.

--END TRANSMISSION--

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 04:46:54 AM »
TURN 4

Aberion was conspicuously absent from the council chamber, no doubt off in the training grounds venting his frustration at the inaction of the present time. The aide presenting the reports shifted nervously from foot to foot as you looked at each other. The restlessness of your leader has been infectious, along with his agitation.

"Well?"

The aide bowed quickly, a jerking action highlighting his unease. "Here are the reports, my lords."

"It's been quiet," the Lord Commander noted. "As expected."

Battle Report:
500 Aspirants were lost in a Genesis Industries offensive that reopened supply routes to Lanstead. Unable to defend themselves, it was a complete and total rout.

Progress Report:
Our researchers enjoyed their well-earned party, although it turned out that no one remembered to order the cake, making the promises of dessert into lies. The industrial sector of the Empire has gotten back on its feet and is once again churning out materiel and supplies for our troops, and additionally 400 of our knights, recalled from the front, have been upgraded with the new Morningstar equipment. The Overseers' envoys to the Empire have expressed displeasure at our current inaction, threatening to withdraw their auxiliary troops, but were at least partially mollified when the situation was explained to them. It is expected that Genesis Industries will soon fall before the might of our armies. In a surge of patriotism following the drive to renew the industrial sector, we were able to recruit 400 knights to join our armies.

Security Report:
Although Genesis Industries did its worst and sent numerous saboteurs against us, the Flame Dawn Empire's security teams were able to stop them from doing any damage.

Exploration Report:
Our scouts were able to obtain vital information on the defenses of both Lanstead and Neon, the two GI strongholds. Lanstead, newly refortified after our initial assaults, is defended by a force numbering some 2000 strong, although the exact mix of soldiers and combat robots is undetermined. The island city of Neon is thought to be held by 1500 elite troops and is heavily fortified against assault. Our spies also uncovered the locations of key leaders of the Genesis Industries resistance--attached below is a list of wanted individuals and their locations. The Overseers of Solace have informed the Empire that if we were to capture any of the listed individuals they expect us to hand them over for further questioning, with a vague promise of a reward.

MOST WANTED:
Lucca--In Lanstead, leading the resistance forces there
Aleta (of Talich)--In Neon
Aleta (of Avarrach)--In Neon, PRIORITY ONE
Tygris--In Neon
In addition, the Omnimind data cores are also located in Neon. Capturing or destroying this machine will severely hamper the ability of Genesis Industries to stand against us.

Troop Deployments:
Besieging Lanstead: 3300 Aspirants
Reserves: 2000 Aspirants, 1000 Morningstar Knights, 600 Knights, 200 Auxiliaries
Guarding the Rift in the Untamed World: 600 Aspirants

The Arch-Cyurate chuckled and rubbed his hands together. "Good, all according to plan. Gentlemen, let's submit our budgets by the 5th. Within weeks, I'm confident that Genesis Industries will be kneeling at our feet."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:52:45 AM by Benionin »
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 05:36:19 AM »
My Lords,
Enclosed is my budget proposal, as well as reasoning behind each of my decisions. I have given this much thought, and I urge my Lords to consider these proposals with great gravity. But, as always, I will respect the will of the Council when the time comes.

But now, now brothers, now is the time. Genesis Industries will fall, and all of Talich falls with it to the might of the Flame Dawn. Let us march forth into the battle that will be sung about for generations to come: The Battle for Unification.

Yours in Flame,
Arch-Cyurate Baelish

Exploration: 0
Diplomacy: 0
Offense: 11
Recruitment: 0
Industry: 3
Research: 0
Security: 2

Exploration Actions:

N/A

Diplomatic Actions: N/A

Offensive Actions:

Brothers, the time has come. We now have all the tools and troops we need to crush Genesis Industries' resistance once and for all. There is no need to wait, and indeed this is the perfect time to strike.

All available reserves will converge on Neon and capture the city. All troops besieging Lanstead will harass and distract the enemy from the engagement at Neon. Any significant effort to break the siege to assist will be dealt with by our units stationed there.

Offensive Sub-Actions (4 Points): Capture Priority Targets. In our assault on Neon, all possible effort must be spared to capture the Genesis Industries heads of state. Special care must be taken to bring them in alive if possible. Also, before we hand them over to the Overseers for interrogation, have our units conduct field interrogations if the targets prove...uncooperative. Any information they could have on the force disposition of Genesis Industries, or possible weaknesses in the defenses of Lanstead would prove immensely helpful.

Specific Battle Plan:

Lanstead Division:

The forces besieging Lanstead will divide themselves into four battalions of 750, and one Rapid Reaction Force of 300:

1st Battalion will begin a series of diversionary attacks at the outset of the assault on Neon. Care must be taken to not lose too many troops in the course of these attacks, however we must make them appear believable.

2nd Battalion will take over for 1st Battalion, appearing to reinforce the forces assaulting the walls at an opportune moment.

3rd Battalion will assault the walls from a different position after 1st and 2nd Battalions have successfully driven Genesis to take the bait.

4th Battalion will wait in reserve to repel any attempt by the enemy to breach the siege in force.

The Rapid Reaction Force will remain on the edge of the battlefield, in case Genesis attempts to sneak by a smaller detachment of troops to reinforce Lanstead, or in case they over-extend themselves, and we can punish their forces by assaulting a weak point in their battle line.

Overall, the diversionary attack at Lanstead is to accomplish a series of LIMITED objectives:

1, to bring about confusion in Genesis' Order of Battle: If they don't know where the real attack is, then they cant adequately devote troops to the defense of our priority target.

2, in the case that GI determines our true objectives and tries to save Neon, our troops will harass and attempt to eradicate any attempt by the forces in Lanstead to send out a detachment of troops.

3, in the case that Genesis successfully breaks the siege, to delay their reinforcements as long as possible, but not at the expense of the Division. Should total defeat appear imminent, a tactical retreat is advised.

________

Neon Divisions:

The forces assaulting Neon will be divided into two divisions, with 4 battalions in each. The Overseer Auxillaries will be kept as a separate Rapid Reaction Force, in similar nature to the Lanstead division's group of Aspirants.

1st Division will assault the main defenses in their entirety, attempting to break through the enemy line. At the point Genesis defenders attempt to engage us from outside the wall, or 1st Division reaches the wall, 2nd Division will assault either the enemy troop harassing 1st Division, and then move to assault the city, or will simply advance on the city from a different direction.

If it should appear that the defenses of the City are inflicting too much damage on 1st Division, then 2nd Division may begin the attack immediately.

The Overseer Auxillaries are to hang back at the edge of the battlefield, and will only engage targets of opportunity as they arise in the course of the Battle. Once the defenses are down, the Auxillaries have the authority to begin assaulting the city proper, and ensuring no one escapes.

The attack on Neon has several ABSOLUTE objectives:

1, the destruction of all Genesis forces defending the city.

2, the capture of all Genesis heads of state, as well as the pacification of their OMNIMIND device.

3, the capture of the city itself, with as much of the city's infrastructure intact as possible.

The fighting will be bloody, but a sufficiently powerful attack will give even Genesis pause. With Neon having an understrength fighting force at the moment, the time is perfect to end the war in one fell swoop.

_________

Recruitment Actions:

N/A

Industrial Actions:

We must devote as many resources as we can to keeping our troops fed and well supplied in the course of this offensive.

Research Actions:

N/A

Security Actions:

While the offensive will not come as a surprise to Genesis, our aims and the means of the Order of Battle must be kept as hidden from them as possible. While we cannot delay in the hopes of keeping them completely off guard, hopefully they will not think to look at the specifics of our plan too closely, should they find them. Security via arrogance would be a particularly humiliating way for Genesis to lose this war.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 05:32:59 PM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

**Subject: Combat Schedule and Tactical Operations**
**To: Lord Aberion, War Council**

Brothers,

At long last we will finally have the victory we have sought for so long. We believe that the Arch Cyruate's Strategic plan to be a sound one though requires the addition of some tactical implementation. Within this transmission is a suggested tactical overview of how our troops are to engage in combat to ensure the maximum possible damage in the upcoming engagement while incurring minimal losses of our own.

Glory to the Flame Dawn Empire,
Lord Commander Erebus

Diplomacy: 0
Offense: 11
Industry: 3

For the allocation of this budget, we are in full agreement with the Arch-Cyurate.

Lanstead Assault - Scheduled for 0430 hours

It is absolutely imperative that this assault begin PRIOR to the engagement at Neon. For this reason, we are requesting that the Lanstead engagement commence at 0430 hours. At such an early hour, it will make our approach easier and give us somewhat more time to position our forces before our initial strike. I would also request construction of a set of armor identical to Lord Aberion's  and permission to lead the diversionary assault on Lanstead myself. In the past Aberion has personally led every major assault and if we do not successfully convince Lucca that Aberion is there she may suspect a misdirection. I know Aberion well enough to know that this is a fight he will not back down from.

I will personally lead the charge with the 2nd battalion so that the timing of our forces is flawless. At a distance it will also help to prolong the deception of my presence. My personal Flagbearer will signal our Third Battalion with a sun flare behind the main lines when he sees Lucca's forces meeting to engage us.

I also strongly advise against a direct assault on Lanstead's walls. Rather than attempt to break through the walls directly I believe third battalion should feign an assault on their back wall and instead rush to meet 1st and 2nd battalion while remaining out of range of Lanstead's Automated defenses. Our speed has always been our strength and though our strategy may differ, our tactics need not change for this particular battle. The area around lanstead provides traversible and unimpeded land. It will take us far less time to reach the main engagement than the Genesis forces whom must spend additional time traversing their sprawling metropolis to commit the rest of their forces to the fight. Furthermore, such a tactic has the added advantage of not committing our forces to the costly action of assaulting a wall - which would ensure the loss of 3rd battalion if it becomes necessary to order a tactical retreat.

In the likely event this retreat is ordered, 4th battalion will engage in a flanking charge and assist the retreat of our main force. If 80% or more of our forces are still standing and the RRF has determined that there are no substantial reinforcements being sent to Neon then we will re-establish our Siege of Lanstead making it appear as though our offensive merely failed. If not, we will re-route to the established ambush coordinates until we are either sent word for reinforcement from Neon or we catch the Lanstead forces unaware. If we can do enough damage, even IF Lanstead hears the call for reinforcement, they may not be able to supply enough reinforcements to make a difference as they will be exhausted from their battle with us and the march to Neon.

It is my belief that if we can capture Aleta and Tygris in our fight with Neon that we can force Lucca's unconditional surrender of Lanstead without having to attack the city directly.

Our opponent in the fight at Lanstead is not Genesis - it is time.

Neon Assault - Scheduled for 0600 hours

With this assault I must disagree with the tactical plan strongly. While I agree we should split our forces into two divisions I believe that the organization of this split is critical. To the best of our knowledge, Genesis does not yet know of our Morningstar Accelerators and the incredible speed with which they can close the gap. Because of this, we feel that the whole of our Morningstar force should be the ones to commence the battle. Due to their incredible speed and power they would have not only the easiest time reaching the walls, but also would be resilient to the kind of firepower we can expect their outlying defenses to retaliate with. With all their firepower focused on our morningstar accelerators, the rest of our force can reach the wall while sustaining SUBSTANTIALLY fewer casualties than they have in the past. Their walls have been our largest obstacle in past engagements and by negating that advantage we ensure a far easier battle for our own troops.

For our combat divisions we suggest the following -

2 Divisions - 2 Battalions Each w/ one special operations force seperate from the main fighting *REDACTED*

Each division will have the following troops:

500 Morningstar Knights
275 Knights
1000 Aspirants

Each division will be separated into 2 battalions - Bromich and Kali battalion.

Bromich Battalions:

-500 Morningstar Knights

Kali battalions:

-275 Knights
-1000 Aspirants

Because of the radically different nature of how our morningstar accelerators fight, we should assign them to different tasks than we would our traditional troops. They should be the troops that lead each engagement and screen for the rest of our troops who are more fragile. Our Accelerators are to charge the enemy walls and battle lines to disrupt their formations making their defense disorganized and allowing our aspirants and knights to take advantage of this and deal catastrophic damage to the opposing troops. Our tactical policy should be for our Morningstars to breach the line, follow through and then charge again from the flanks and be crushed between the might of our knights and aspirants.

For the battle at large, we will begin with a segmented charge, with the Morningstars leading the initial charge at two different entry points. This type of pincer attack is cruicial as it allows us to take advantage of our superior numbers. Having an entire division waiting in the wings is a complete waste of our numbers advantage and allows the enemy to consolidate their defenses to one sector of the city. By splitting our forces whilst retaining our numerical advantage we give our morningstars the opportunity to break off from their current engagement and flank one group of these defenders. To ensure this functions optimally however, only morning stars in Division 1 will be permitted to make such a call or, obviously, Lord Aberion himself whom I imagine will be leading the assault. Our assault hinges on our ability to efficiently breach the walls. Once this task is completed there is little doubt in my mind that victory will soon follow.

May the Dawn Greet us with victory!.

--END TRANSMISSION--

No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 07:21:10 PM »
The Following Transmission is intended solely for the Flame Dawn Empire and its intended recipients. If you have received this message in error, please report yourself to the nearest Confessional for enlistment. Failure to comply will result in immediate purging. The Flame Dawn Empire thanks you for your loyalty.

--START TRANSMISSION--

**Subject: Operation: Falling Sky**
**To: Lord Aberion, High Council**

The following transmission has been classified. If you are not a member designated in this transmission delete it immediately and report it to Flame Dawn Council. The reading of this transmission is considered treason, which is punishable by death.

Gentlemen,

The battle plans for the main operation continue, but I believe we have an opportunity to earn victory without having to follow through with the primary battle. As you may have noticed in my initial tactical proposition I have left 50 knights and our Overseer allies out of the main engagement. The 50 knights I have hand-picked myself as they are our most experienced and elite troops from the recent campaign in the untamed world. Due to the large size of the beasts, I have been told it was quite common for troops to have to engage with discretion as a direct assault on them often failed. I believe we can use that same sort of tactical behavior here to end the battle quickly and decisively with minimal bloodshed.

Operation - Falling Sky *Operation Start: 0300 hours*

Primary Objectives:

1.) Disruption and/or hacking of Neon's Omnimind Data Cores
2.) Capture and extraction of the genesis heads of state.

Secondary Objectives:

-Disabling of any targets of opportunity which would not compromise the fulfillment of the primary objectives.

Operational Organization:

4 Teams

Alpha Team - 6 Knights, will run point and coordinate Bravo, Charlie and Delta teams to their objectives.

Insertion - Will Insert near the Genesis Sector 4 observation station and determine the best insertion locations for the other three teams. Sector 4 was chosen due to its proximity to several key locations, including a known Omnimind Data Core and the primary extraction point.

Bravo Team 12 Knights - Will head to the known Omnimind Data Core for intel on the other Omnimind Core locations. Will await either 0600 or the go ahead from Alpha Team to commence with the hack and will place emergency demo charges to destroy the data core in the event they are discovered prematurely.

Charlie Team 12 Knights - Will coordinate with Bravo team to hack/disable other Omnimind Data Cores. Once positioned at the secondary data core, they will then commence with the hack / demolition at 0600 or on Alpha Team's go ahead.

Delta Team 20 Knights - Will Coordinate with Alpha team to retrieve the HVT's and head to extraction. This team is given extraction priority and are to be the first team extracted from the OZ. This team may reassign themselves however deemed necessary if they believe they can capture more than one HVT. If multiple targets are captured Delta Team is to split into two operational teams and head to different extraction points to increase the odds of at least one successful capture. Once the target is safely behind our lines we will broadcast a demand of surrender to genesis and after said surrender turn over the HVT to the Overseers IMMEDIATELY. If able, Delta Team may also plant charges at targets of opportunity to detonate in conjunction with the attack on the Omnimind Central Hub.

Upon completion of objectives, all forces are to extract at one of the two designated rally points.

For this mission, we will send our special forces in under the cover of night via the air in conjunction with our OOS allies. Prior to the engagement at Lanstead this special forces team would seek out Neon's Omnimind Central Hub and disrupt it thus making it impossible for Neon to call for reinforcements during the battle. Additionally, we would also send the squad with a rubber ducky interface drive to install on in Neon's communications system so that we may feed them faulty information and either take control of or destroy their perimeter defenses at 0600 or after 0500 thus signalling the start of the main force's attack.

Note: If this timing can succeed but is compromised, the team has the authority to disable the perimeter defenses early - but only if the communications systems are disabled. Squad leaders for the main assault will be informed at 0455 via encrypted transmission that this will be the signal to commence the attack.

If this objective fails, the team is to immediately abort the mission as it will appear to simply be a sabotage attempt gone awry and not necessarily reveal our true intent to GCI (Genesis Central Intelligence). If this objective succeeds however, the team is to use the communication to locate the heads of state in the following priority list -

1.) Aleta (Avarrach)
2.) Tygris
3.) Aleta (Talich)

Once they have captured one or more heads of state, the team will report to Rally point Alpha for extraction via our OOS allies. In the event our allies cannot reach them they are to navigate to rally point bravo and extract via the cities underwater sewage system which has a direct connection to the adjacent ocean for sea extraction. As this location is a poor approach point for a large force we believe it will be poorly defended, let alone expecting an attack approach from inside the city. Additionally, all forces will likely be pre-occupied with the main defense of Neon making such an extraction relatively easy.

Once the HVTs are secured, if we still have control of the Omnimind Data Core we will shall hack the genesis industries internal communications systems demanding the complete and unconditional surrender of all Genesis forces. It is our hope that by doing so we will effectively end the battle without excessive losses, or at the very least substantially devastate Genesis Industries morale making them an exceptionally ineffective fighting force.

Operational Status: *PENDING*

In the event this operation fails, we hope that we can at the very least cause enough of a diversion to ease the main assault by generating an overreaction from the forces garrisoned inside Neon. This may not be how we have operated in the past, which is precisely why we believe such an operation could be a huge success.

--END TRANSMISSION

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 03:07:43 PM by ecliptix »

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 07:26:49 PM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

Offense: 10
The time of Genesis defeat is soon with the brilliant plan constructed by the lord commander I feel we will surely crush Genesis. There is however some minor changes I would like to see changed from his plan would be the priority targets. I believe that the top priority target should be Aleta of Talish as they are the most knowledgeable person in Talish and having them to aid us would be a great boon for us that would be more valuable then anything the others could do for us. Other then that I have no objections to the plan.

Industry: 4

Well our man are brave and strong they can not take a city with out munitions and food, Industry must remain a priority so this attack can work.

Security: 1
Ensuring our cover operations related to the lord commanders plan to sabotage the omnimind go undetected should be our top priority to protect as if the omnimind goes down it would cripple genesis until they could repair it.

--END TRANSMISSION--

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 03:26:46 PM »
(Address to the Troops Prior to the start of the Battle of Lanstead)

Brothers and Sisters of the Dawn,

Today we stand on the precipice of a new era for the Dawn Empire. Over there is Lanstead, the last stronghold of Genesis on this continent. Today however we need not take it to ensure victory. But do not think for a moment this will cause the constructs of Genesis to go easy on you. For years we have fought against this foe - a foe who can only be defeated by the valiant men and women I see before me, and at last we are at their final doorstep. Victory here will be absolute. I know many of you here were part of the last battle that took place here - the outcome here will be far different today. These scientists and cyberphiles believe themselves to be our superiors and think that their walls will somehow save them. We will show them today that our mind is just as sharp as our blade when we take their city with our cunning rather than our might.

But might is what I ask of you today. Today I do not ask you to fight for me - I do not even ask you to fight for the Dawn or even Aberion himself. I ask you to look to the brothers and sisters at your side and fight for them. To bleed with them, but most importantly - to survive with them. Together, the sound of our war cries will make even the most hardened foe shudder and even the soulless robots we see here will know fear on this day.

Follow me my brave brothers and sisters - and today we will greet the Dawn with victory!

ARE YOU WITH ME?

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 01:13:28 AM »
TURN 5

Aberion beamed at the council. Literally. He was actually glowing--no doubt a side effect of his mood upon the powers the Overseers had given him. "What a fight!" he boomed, the room shaking with his voice, and you all chuckled to yourselves. "They never stood a chance!"

"Erebus, the balls of that scheme! And what a speech!" He clapped the Lord Commander on the shoulder, nearly knocking him into the table, but Aberion's enthusiasm was as infectious as his impatience had been before.

"I've declared an imperial celebration," Aberion went on. "The cellars of Pyr will be emptied tonight!" He rubbed his hands together in anticipation of the copious amounts of spirits he would no doubt be imbibing. "Try not to stay up too late with the paperwork, boys."

You glanced at the reports in front of you. Even though you already knew most of their contents thanks to being on-site during the battles, you still read them.

Security Report:
The spies of Genesis Industries were able to obtain intel on our combat plans prior to the battle. The Genesis spies were able to determine that we did indeed intend a dual assault on both Lanstead and Neon, but they appeared to think that the main force of the attack would be at Lanstead. Also, information on Operation Falling Skies was kept hidden from the forces of Genesis Industries.

Report: Operation Falling Skies:
At 0300 hours, Operation Falling Skies began with the insertion of the teams within Neon. The teams quickly captured the known Omnimind Data Core location and used it as a base. By 0330, the locations of 4 additional Omnimind Cores had been determined in addition to the location of both Aletas, although the location of Tygris remained unidentified. By 0400, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta teams had moved to their target locations, successfully remaining hidden from the Genesis forces as they did so. The teams then proceeded to attempt to capture their targets, during which time Charlie Team was identified by Genesis Security forces. Embroiled in a battle at the location of one of the data cores, Charlie Team was eventually evacuated by our Overseer allies at 0530. Unable to seize the data core, they demolished the building. At 0530 hours the Genesis Security Forces became aware of Alpha Team and moved in on their location. Alpha Team held out long enough to demolish the local core at 0600 but was unable to be extracted and was slain to the last man. Bravo and Delta Teams managed to avoid security forces until 0600, when they extracted with an Omnimind data core and with their prisoners. Both Aleta (Talich) and Aleta (Avarrach) were seized in this operation.

Brief: 1 Core extracted, 2 Cores destroyed, Aleta (Talich) captured, Aleta (Avarrach) captured, 6 knights slain, 50 Genesis Industries Soldiers killed, 50 Overseers Auxiliaries slain.

Report: Battle at Lanstead
Our forces outside of Lanstead launched their limited diversionary assaults at 0430 pursuant to the plans of the Council to keep the forces defending Lanstead from aiding their comrades in Neon. Lord Commander Erebus himself led the charge, but the defenders--convinced that the attack on Lanstead was real and that the not-yet-begun battle on Neon was the diversion--refused to be lured out from their walls. Multiple feints were made but the defenders stayed put.

Brief: Lanstead forces remained in Lanstead, 500 Flame Dawn Aspirants lost in the feint attacks.

Report: Battle at Neon
Our Morningstar forces acquitted themselves magnificently in the battle for Neon. Minimal forces were lost as they established a beachhead against the disrupted combat robots of Genesis Industries, which were operating at suboptimal levels due to the heroic actions of Operation Falling Skies. By 0700 a beachhead had been established for our other forces to land on the island, and once driven back from the outer fortifications the Genesis defenders crumbled, with the city quickly falling into the Flame Dawn Empire's hands. Seeing that the battle was over, the remaining combat robots self-destructed and Genesis soldiers surrendered. During the occupation of the city, Tygris--the infamous head architect of Genesis Industries--was captured. Only minor casualties were suffered in the taking of the city, and no other Omnimind Data Cores have been located or captured.

Brief:
44 Knights lost in an explosion
100 Morningstar knights lost in the assault on the city
200 Aspirants lost
350 Genesis Industries Soldiers captured

Overall Brief:
50 Knights lost, 100 Morningstar Knights lost, 700 Aspirants lost, 350 Soldiers captured, 3 high-value-targets captured, 1 Omnimind data core captured, 50 Overseers Auxiliaries lost, Neon captured.

Genesis Industries is now defeated as a faction.

At 1000 hours, news of the conquest of Neon was transmitted to the forces in Lanstead alongside an ultimatum of surrender. The forces therein, hereafter referred to as the Genesis Remnant, refused to surrender and still hold the city. The Overseers of Solace have increased the bounty on Lucca's head.

Troop Deployments:
Besieging Lanstead: 2800 Aspirants
Occupying Neon: 1800 Aspirants, 900 Morningstar Knights, 550 Knights, 150 Auxiliaries
Guarding the Rift to the Untamed World: 600 Aspirants

"Gentlemen," Arch-Cyurate Baelish said, clapping slowly, "this is cause for congratulations. Well done. Now, we must decide the fate of our prisoners. We should vote on whether or not to hand over Tygris, Aleta, and Aleta to the Overseers or to keep them for ourselves, along with the fate of the captured soldiers. It is possible that we may be able to keep some if we hand over others."

"Indeed," the Lord Commander agreed, "we should discuss this before turning in our budgets on the 12th."

"Now that we have defeated Genesis Industries," Mew noted, "we now have 20 points to allocate to our budget instead of 16."

You all murmured in agreement. "Good work, everyone."
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 02:24:27 AM »
My Lords,
Enclosed is my budget proposal, as well as reasoning behind each of my decisions. I have given this much thought, and I urge my Lords to consider these proposals with great gravity. But, as always, I will respect the will of the Council when the time comes.

However, I must say that the success of this operation exceeds our most hopeful projections. Genesis Industries has been defeated barring some hold-outs, and now we must turn our eye to consolidating our gains.

There are still holdouts that must be swiftly delt with, and now we must turn our attention to Bask, and Jittaria. Then there is the question of what to do with our defeated VIPs. Great care must be taken to manage our new holdings, brothers. But for today, let us celebrate our great victory!

Yours in Flame,
Arch-Cyurate Baelish

Diplomacy: 10
Recruitment: 3
Industry: 5

____

Exploration Actions:

N/A

Diplomatic Actions:

We must begin negotiations with both the Genesis Remnant and the remaining holdouts across Talich. Send Heralds to all parties across the planet who yet remain outside our rule.

The terms to Genesis Industries will be thus:

1. All Genesis Industries soldiers will lay down their arms, and surrender to the Flame Dawn. All soldiers who surrender within two days of the issuance of this Edict will be forgiven and allowed to reintergrate into society without issue.

2. All Genesis Industries lands will be folded into the Flame Dawn Empire, and will be allowed to maintain a limited form of self-governance as a Special Economic Zone.

3. All Genesis Industries war assets will be turned over to the Flame Dawn immediately. All relevant technical schematics will similarly be surrendered for research purposes.

(Send a private message to Lucca, the public face of the hold-outs. Quietly offer her a prominent command position in our army, as well as promising special considerations to her people should she accept this posting.

Appeal to her sense of duty, as well as the fact that she once served alongside Commander Bromich. I offer this posting only for the simple fact that she has proven to be a competent soldier, as well as the fact that she has experience utilizing Genesis technology. If she proves cooperative, I will also argue against her extradition to the Overseers on her behalf. But only if she surrenders at the very least.)

The terms to Jittaria and Bask will be this:

1. Jittaria and Bask will agree to surrender their sovereignty to the Flame Dawn Empire.

2. Jittaria and Bask will be held to special rates of conscription that will be reduced in comparison to other conquered holdings.

3. Jittaria and Bask will be granted special contracts throughout Flame Dawn and formerly Genesis territory to help in the rebuilding process.

4. The current governments of Jittaria and Bask will be elevated to the status of Provincial Governance status, allowing them a special level of autonomy in the greater Empire.

Offensive Actions:

N/A

Recruitment Actions:

Press troops into service helping to retain control of our new territories, as well as replenishing our losses. If it comes to war with the Genesis Remnant and Jittaria, we will need to be ready at a moment's notice. But, as it stands, I predict that a strong diplomatic campaign will alleviate the need for more force of arms.

Industrial Actions:

We must put our new assets to use: Restock, re-arm, and re-build our current supply of troops. Take inventory, prepare for an aggressive expansion of our current armed forces. But the priority lay with rebuilding Neon and other Genesis territory. Hand out supplies, food, and water to all citizens who need it, and set about finding and constructing housing for those that need it.

Research Actions:

N/A

Security Actions:

N/A

______

Special Actions:

Vote:

Tygris: Hand over to the Overseers. We have no use for him, and handing over the Genesis Industries head of state as part of a deal will be important in keeping Genesis assets we can use. Tygris was instrumental in harnessing the rifts, an important development the Overseers are keen in understanding.

Aleta (Avarrach): Hand over to the Overseers. She has no strategic value to us, and the Overseers will demand that she be handed regardless.

Aleta (Talich): Keep her. She can be potentially persuaded to work for us, and her expertise will be valuable in understanding Genesis war technology.

Lucca: Keep (if she surrenders). For the same reason, Lucca would be a valuable asset to our cause, but she could even become a new field commander for our forces. If we can persuade the Overseers to forgive her rebellious urges and put her to work for our troops, then she would be very, very useful.

(Note: Put excess diplomatic points towards persuading the Overseers to accept this prisoner exchange).

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 02:23:11 AM »
Gentleman,

We have won a great victory for the Empire. Now is the time to turn our efforts to the reconstruction of our great nation as well as incorporating our newly acquired territories into our fold. While I am humbled and honored by the praise of all of you, without the valor of our brave troops and the ingenuity behind Baelishe's research accomplishments, such a victory would not have been possible.

Enclosed is the budget proposal as well as the logic defining them.

Glory to the Dawn!

-Lord Commander Erebus

Diplomacy: 8
Recruitment: 4
Industry: 5
Research: 3
Security: 0

--

While I am curious to begin mapping out what is beyond the rifts, I believe it is in our best interests to consolidate what we have before proceeding forward

Diplomacy: 8

While we do with the method by which to proceed with the Genesis Resistance and the other smaller factions not yet integrated into our great empire - we do believe that the Overseers should be given special diplomatic favor considering how great of a role their auxiliaries played in the ultimate success in our mission. We feel their should be a holy day of celebration in their name as well as a temple dedicated to them built within our newly acquired city of Neon.

We need to asses our borders before assigning a force anywhere presently.

We should use our victory over genesis to bolster our recruiting to not only replace what was lost during the recent battles, but to also increase our overall standing army. As we have recently seen, a diverse army has significantly more flexibility and tactical application and for that reason I believe it would be wise for us to begin recruiting tank crews, mortar teams, and technically minded people to assist in the implementation of the war machines acquired from the fall of Genesis Industries. We should include even the citizens of Neon in this recruitment drive offering extra rations and citizenship to all who join our ranks. We have won the battle today, but with the unknown threat of the rifts we must prepare ourselves for another conflict on the horizon.

Research: 3 (+1 Override)

The omnimind core brought back to us contains an unprecedented wealth of information. I believe we should attempt to have Aleta aid our researchers to unlocking the secrets of this core as soon as possible, or at the very least determine if there is any information on there which would aid the Flame Dawn Empire.

As there are currently no threats we are aware of, it would be difficult to assign our internal security forces any relevant tasks. While that does not mean such threats do not exist, there is little we can do to know an unknown threat.

----

Special Actions:

The Lord's Council agrees on how to handle Aleta(s) and Tygris. However there is some reservation about Lucca and we would request that she have an audience with the council before we offer her a position of importance within our army. We understand the unique position she's in and would be willing to have such an audience via telecommunications so as to build a mutual trust between herself and our great empire.

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 12:22:55 AM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

Research: 2

Exploration:

We should focus on consolidation of  talish before we go looking for a new fight.

Genesis is on the brink of complete collapse. I think that we should offer the few left in a landstede an offer of surrender. 
I would like the following to be key parts of what is offered in their surrender.
A smaller percentage of there people will be drafted for for our grand army for 50 years

They will be tithed as a nation that surrendered rather then dubbel as normal of nations that resisted the dawn.

All Genesis solders will be free however any that are willing can join the dawns army.

If this offer is refused Genesis will be taken by force and treated as standard of a nation that resisted the dawn.

On the note of the OoS I would agree with making it a holy day on the date that we took over Talish with there aid in order to remind everyone what great things we have achieved working together with the aid of the OoS.
With the capture of Neon it would be wise to rearm and prepare for our next attack before lashing out blindly at the closest nation.

It would be ideal to continue with recruiting in all major cities so that we may continue to have an ample supply of willing men fighting for the glory of the dawn and defence of talish from all the would wish to harm us.
Bullets and food, such simple things however with out them our army grinds to a halt almost immediately. If possible we should try to build up some stockpiles of food and ammo so if we do suffer any future errors with supplies we will not be caught as off guard. 

Research: 2

The omnimind core would provide a huge boon to us if we were able to get it up and running. Luckily we have captured the man who made it Tygris. I feel if we put Tygris to repairing it we should be able to get this task done with little effort and less problems.

Special Actions:

I must say I am disappointed in you for being so quick to try and ditch Tygris. He is one of Genesis greatest minds and would be an extremely valuable ally to us. well the OoS have expressed no interest in him. I believe that he would be an even more valuable asset to us then Aleta of Talish however.

However I must say I do agree with handing over Aleta of Avarrach as they have no knowledge of value to us and the OoS have expressed significant interest in her.

On the note of Lucca well I would love to hand her over to the OoS as the trator that they are that is not very relevant as we have yet to acquire her.
--END TRANSMISSION--

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2016, 06:01:54 AM »
TURN 6:

Aberion sat upon his throne in the grand hall of Aubade's palace, resplendent in crimson and gold, bathed in light. Before him kneel the emissaries of Jittaria and Bask, alongside hundreds of captive Genesis Industries citizen-employees. Pleased with yourselves, the council members file out a back door and into the council chamber to review the reports.

Diplomatic Report:
Both Jittaria and Bask are now provinces of the Flame Dawn Empire, with their governments serving as independent provincial governments subservient to the will of the Empire as a whole. Jittaria has agreed to provide us with 600 Auxiliaries each turn beginning with the next turn, and Bask has agreed to provide 200. Aleta (Avarrach) and Tygris the Architect have been handed over to the Overseers of Solace, who have gratefully provided us with 500 Auxiliaries in return and have allowed us to keep Aleta (Talich). When the Overseers were given the prisoners, they immediately executed Tygris, leaving his head a smoking stump, and they carried Aleta off for further questioning. The Genesis Remnant still holds out in Lanstead and, although envoys have been sent to negotiate a surrender, nothing has been settled and they still consider themselves to be at war with us.

Research and Security Report:
Although our researchers were unable to crack the Omnimind data core at this time, they were able to detect a virus originating from its systems and counteract it before it compromised vital parts of our industry and security. This act of cyberwarfare was no doubt the result of the plotting of the Genesis Remnant. Although we were unable to recover any more Omnimind data cores following the battle for Neon, it is likely that several remain in the hands of Genesis guerillas.

Progress Report:
Following the defeat of Genesis Industries, 800 new Aspirants have been recruited either from previously held or newly conquered territories. Scouts defending the Rift in the Untamed World have noticed beasts prowling at the edge of the trees, spying on the rift. It is unclear whether or not these beasts represent the Warpath, and where its dispositions lie.

Troop Deployments:
Besieging Lanstead: 2800 Aspirants
Occupying Neon: 1800 Aspirants, 900 Morningstar Knights, 550 Knights
Defending the Rift in the Untamed World: 600 Aspirants
Reserves: 650 Overseers, 800 Aspirants

"Well," the Arch-Cyurate conceded, "I may have been a bit hasty in offering Lucca a position in our military."

Mew chuckled. "She seemed particularly offended. How much of the messenger did she send back?"

"All of him," Baelish said sullenly. "Eventually." He brightened. "Still, given the festivities currently taking place, I believe our diplomatic efforts have been, by and large, successful. It is unfortunate that the Genesis Remnant has not yet seen reason, but not unforeseen."

Lord Commander Erebus nodded. "We should keep an eye on those beasts in the Untamed World. Also, remember that Lord Aberion is not a man of peace. If we defeat the Genesis Remnant, we must find another foe to fight, even if it is the Overseers themselves."

"That's treason," Mew pointed out quickly.

"And heresy," Baelish added. "You yourself were present at the dedication of the temple in Neon."

"I was," Erebus said. "But the point stands: the Flame Dawn must always be at war with at least one faction. Let's get our budgets in by the 19th."
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 08:16:50 AM »
Gentleman,

As I am sure many of you have already noticed, Lord Aberion has grown anxious the past several days. I have noticed the grip on his Warhammer tightening and I believe it is time for us to begin considering our next offensive action. It is my belief that we should start a new offensive in the Untamed World as soon as possible so as to not endanger our standing with our overseer allies.

However, we cannot mount a new offensive with the Genesis Industries on our back door - and they have made it clear they have no intention to surrender. Therefore I would like to propose the creation of an experimental airborne unit comprised of our own fine knights and our mighty overseer allies. As Lanstead is a heavily fortified position I propose we take advantage of their precarious position. Previously we used a small task force to bypass the walls and hijack their computer network. I believe that Lucca is a more intelligent tactician and will be anticipating us to take advantage of such a weakness.

That said, with the siege of Lanstead going on as long as it has been and their defenses having been tested numerous times, it is very likely that their food stores and munition supplies are critically low. For this reason I propose that we task a small group of overseers with enacting flash strikes on their ammo and food storage facilities. Because of their wings, it would be a simple task for them to fly in, plant charges and simply leave. Without the ability to feed their citizens they will be forced to either starve to death or surrender. Alternatively, we could request the city be submitted to the Overseers for Final Judgement allowing us to turn our full attention to the rifts.

Now, more than ever it is important for us to send a scouting expedition to the untamed world to determine what new territory there is for us to conquer there. When we begin sending troops through the rift there is little doubt in my mind that the Warpath will percieve us as a threat forcing us into immediate action. Before finalizing our budgets, I believe we should establish a war council for handling the beasts as we plan for our invasion. They are both cunning and ferocious and demand our full consideration and strategic reasoning before we enter into a full engagement with them.

It is my personal belief that we should begin by immediately razing the forest around the rifts and establish a forward operating base from which we can supply our armies. We should send 1200 Aspirants, all of our Morningstar Knights as well as all of our Knights to this base leaving 600 aspirants in Neon to maintain peacekeeping duties while we continue the transition of power there. Furthermore, I believe we should continue to route all of our reserves to the rift in the untamed world as well as 400 of our overseer allies. We also need to discuss in detail how we will fight a foe which is much larger than our own troops.

This is not a budget which we can consider hastily and without discussion.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2016, 11:07:20 PM »
The Following Transmission is intended solely for the Flame Dawn Empire and its intended recipients. If you have received this message in error, please report yourself to the nearest Confessional for enlistment. Failure to comply will result in immediate purging. The Flame Dawn Empire thanks you for your loyalty.

--START TRANSMISSION--

**Subject: Budget Request**
**To: Lord Aberion, High Council**

Budget Proposal:

Exploration: 4
Diplomacy: 2
Offense: 2
Recruitment: 2
Research: 3

Members of the Council,

Attached is the weekly budget proposal. Please view it at your leisure and feel free to comment where you feel necessary.

Exploration: 4

As many of you know, the rifts to the Untamed World have been a curiosity to our great nation for some time. However, our knowledge of the terrain and local landmarks is exceptionally limited. For that reason I believe it would be prudent to send a small scouting expedition through the rift to explore the area and identify locations for us to setup a forward operating base in preparation for our inevitable invasion of the area. The beasts are cunning and no doubt have intimate knowledge of the area. For this reason, we must make ourselves experts on the geography there as quickly as possible.

Presently, I believe it is a waste of our time to continue attempting to send diplomats to the Genesis Resistance force. However, it is prudent that we continue with our tithes to the OOS as they have proved themselves invaluable allies which we can ill afford to lose. Their actions in our war against genesis played a significant role in our victory over them and we must ensure the tactical advantage they provide us is available to us moving forward.

Offense: 2

With the threats at home significantly marginalized it is imperative that we move to establish control of the local rifts ASAP. Sending the bulk of our force to establish a base on the opposite side is essential for us to be capable of launching offensive operations and being capable of waging war. Without the rifts accessible to us we will be unable to launch any effective offensives and will instead have to rely on counter attacks and fight a defensive war which we are ill-suited towards.

Recruitment: 2

Given the raw recruits coming from Bask and Jittaria, I believe it is not necessary for us to place significant emphasis on increasing our numbers. Instead, it would be far better for us to promote and train Aspirants who have demonstrated skill in the recent weeks. With our numbers steadily increasing it is important that we do not neglect our quality as well.

Before moving into a new theater of war, we must make sure we have ample tools at our disposal. For that reason I am proposing both the re-integration of our mechanized army supplemented with the mechanical knowledge of our new engineers from neon as well as the creation of Aerial Units which we can place at our disposal. With what we have seen through the rift it is abundantly clear that simple valor will not be enough. The beasts are immensely strong and our men simply cannot fight them with a simple gun and blade. They need mechanized support in order to fight against them. For that reason I am proposing an industrial project along to be completed with aid from the recent gain of engineers in the flame dawn empire.

PROJECT GOLIATH:

Objectives: Bolster our troops with mechanized support including Power Armor, Armored Support and advanced weaponry with data taken from the acquisition of Genesis Industries in order to permit our troops to fight more efficiently reducing our overall casualties and expanding the flexibility of our army to wage war. As this is a Scientific/Industrial project it would require investment in both our scientific and industrial sectors to implement.

Research: 5

See industrial notes

While preparing to mount a major offensive in the Untamed World it is imperative that we maintain vigilance and watch for covert operations from the Genesis Resistance. While they do not pose a significant military threat, they still pose a threat to our infrastructure which could ultimately cause significant damage to our industrial sectors.

Glory to the Dawn!
-Lord Commander Erebus

--END TRANSMISSION--
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:38:12 AM by ecliptix »

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 03:09:02 PM »
--START TRANSMISSION--

Find the warpath we are going to be hunting very shortly.
Diplomacy: 3

Try and get Aleta to agree to work for us. We can offer her a lab with as many assistants as she wants and a respectable amount of finding if she agrees.
If she declines we can always threaten her latter.

It is time for a full assault of Landsteed again. Give a final warning to any one who wishes to surrender in the city and make it clear if they do not they will most likely die. However  if they do surrender let them leave the city and live like any other citizen of the dawn.  Bring every man we can muster surround the entire city and charge. Get the morning star knights to lead the charge with the rest of the men behind them. Once we get past there wall we will just fan out across the city and kill any one they see.

With our new contracts to be provided with aspirants there is no need to recruit at this time.

As always we need more bullets if we want any attack to work.

We can research when we have all of Talish under our control and GI's former labs to do it in witch is just around the corner.

We must make sure all the bullets get to the front lines, swords make horrible anti aircraft weapons.

--END TRANSMISSION--