Author Topic: Pod 1--Flame Dawn--Out of Character  (Read 3257 times)

Offline mew28

• View Profile
Re: Pod 1--Flame Dawn--Out of Character
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 01:23:08 AM »
I believe we should talk about possible research projects for the future. Personally I see great promise in cybernetics as it lets us not only enhance our current solders we could also bring old injured veterans back to the front lines with the aid of cybernetics.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 08:38:18 AM »
Note, in the most recent turn I labeled the Avarrach Aleta as being "PRIORITY ONE" on the most wanted list. This is not so much because she is the first priority for you to capture in your own eyes, but because she is the most valuable target in the Overseers' eyes. If you were to capture and hand over the Avarrach Aleta, it's entirely possible that they would let you keep some of the other prisoners.

Not included in the list of wanted individuals:
Orion--location: IN THE GROUND
Taiga--because this takes place before Rebellion comes out
Agent Coyle--because I'm pretending he doesn't exist for the purpose of this exercise

I'll inform you of any captured individuals (or any who evaded your clutches) in the next turn writeup. Then you can vote on what to do with each of the prisoners: at the basic level between keeping them or handing them over to the Overseers. If you keep them, you'll have to decide between executing them, imprisoning them, or indoctrinating them.

Gin has already unveiled his plans to capture Neon. Depending on the outcome of that battle, Genesis Industries as a faction will collapse, giving you guys more budget points, conscripted troops, and other bonuses. Note that it's very likely for a renegade "Genesis Remnant" force to survive, but it will have non-faction status and can probably be easily wiped out. In the event that GR forces flee to Jittaria (the peaceful island nation across the sea), you can take it up with the Jittarians in a diplomatic meeting. Note that if you wanted you could ignore the Jittarians completely, attack them, or use diplomacy to render them a vassal state (the last option being the easiest). I'll point out that if you attack the Jittarians I'll have to invent rules for the faction, which I really don't want to do. So please don't.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 11:20:54 PM »
Just some Card Ideas to go with Operation Falling Sky

Operation Falling Sky
3p Flame Dawn
3 Resources
Unique Mission
Rare

Whenever the opposing fortress sustains damage BUT there is an opposing creature in the defense zone, Operation Falling Sky becomes 33% complete. When Operation Falling sky is complete, your opponent may not place creatures in the defense zone during their next turn.

Lord Commander Erebus
2p Flame Dawn
5 Resources
Unique Character - Human
Rare
12/10
10 Morale

Charge

When you deploy Erebus, all other Humans you control gain charge until the end of the turn.

No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 04:08:44 PM »
Baelish, Arch-Cyurate of Dawn
3 FD
3 Cost
8/4
While Baelish is deployed, when you deal damage to the opponent's fortress, draw a card from your opponent's deck. While Baelish is deployed, cards from other factions cost 1 less to play.

What greater weapon is there to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them...

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 10:45:04 AM »
Hey guys, I'm sorry that the turn roll-out is getting delayed. I've tried to keep updates rolling out in Discord, but here's a summary for those of you keeping score:

I live in US Central Time and try to roll out the new Turn every Sunday. However I have been swamped with a major project all day for class, without which I'll fail the course, and I think that homework quite reasonably takes a higher priority than running this game.

At 8:47pm in Discord I announced that I intended to resolve and roll out the new turn before going to sleep--likely after midnight my time but still close enough to Sunday to feel good about. This is more or less what happened last week, and I apologized for the delay then as well.

As I'm writing this it's 4:39 am my time (10:39 by the forum clock), and I just finished writing a project that I also have to prepare a presentation on. Given that, I have elected to forego resolving the turns until after my courses tomorrow, since getting sleep is kind of a good thing. I sincerely apologize for the delay and it shouldn't happen again--I can't think of any other projects I have due on a Monday this semester. When I started this I wanted to be consistent and on time with rolling out the turns and have done my best to do so. Unfortunately, this week it didn't work out that way. Rather than keeping you in suspense, I've elected to update you on what's going on and will let you know tomorrow (I guess it's technically today) when you can expect the write-up.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 03:59:10 PM »
No sweat man, IRL comes first and it isn't like this is your job :D

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 02:24:04 AM »
Sorry I don't have more content this week - been suuuuuper busy this last week.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 11:07:47 PM »
Added an additional thread for the rival Firmament Foundation.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 03:55:02 AM »
Alright folks, the 10th Turn is now more or less underway. This raises the following question:

Do you want to keep going? I can add on 5 turns of overtime if you'd like. Or you can stop after 10 turns. I figure this may affect your strategies, so wanted to let you know now.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 03:07:47 PM »
I want to do the OT i can't see this civil war wrapping up in just one turn.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 01:20:08 AM »
List of character buffs:

The Flame Dawn Empire:
Klore: 500 Aspirants are converted into Knights each turn
Nix: The first assault each turn gets a +1 Surprise bonus
Aberion: All further knights and morningstar knights are immune to insubordination.
Hilderic: The first assault each turn automatically does its highest possible combat roll. (NOTE: Starting on TURN 13)

The Firmament Foundation:
Aleta (Talich), Aleta (Avarrach), and Lucca: +1 Research Roll, +1 Research Success
Syn and Kali: +1 Recruitment success
Captain Jiro: Opposing forces always use their defense rolls (note: in the event of Hilderic attacking a position defended by Jiro, Hilderic's forces will use their maximum offensive value for the first roll and thereafter use defensive rolls)
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2017, 04:09:40 AM »
Note: the players of this pod have determined to end it early--and by early I mean halfway through overtime. I will be writing up a final post sometime soon to wrap things up.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 04:57:05 AM »
Note - You may wanna double check. Mew said he might wanna play it through, but we pretty much shared our meta so by virtue of that the game may be over.