Poll

Would you be willing to make an effort to save Infinity Wars?

Yes
55 (76.4%)
No
17 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: It is time to make a stand, or give up?  (Read 14511 times)

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
It is time to make a stand, or give up?
« on: December 09, 2015, 03:37:33 PM »
Well, let's get to the point:

Infinity Wars can be considered an almost dead game.

I was willing to give other players more info about what was happening "behind the scenes" but, I know most people around here would not take my words seriously.

But now, it can be considered official:

So...it's been a while since anything of importance has occurred in Infinity Wars, so I just decided to pop in and tell you what's what.

To start with, the game is dead.

I'm sorry I don't have better news to give you.

Development has pretty much stopped since...uh...august? September? Some time around then. Who knows when the servers will actually go down though, Lightmare might keep them up for a while yet.

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=65470.0

In my opinion, this game has a fantastic community and potential, and I believe that if we unite ourselves we can save the game and make it prosper.

But, I know that are those around here that are not "in the mood" to do something. By the way, I can't blame them for it (LM did a lot to leave people thinking IW simply doesn't worth any effort).

That's the reason why I am making this pool.

I want to know the percentage of people who are willing to do something to save Infinity Wars.

In my opinion, we can organize ourselves, talk to the devs and make some kind of "Kickstarter" to save the game (Like CommunistMountain said) and some others things too.

Depending on the results of this pool, we can think together in ways people can help Infinity Wars.

Like a music says:

"No point asking when it is
No point asking who's to go
No point asking what's the game
No point asking who's to blame
'cos if you're gonna die [...]
die with your boots on
"

I am putting mine.

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
Re: It is time to make a stand, or give up?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 03:49:40 PM »
define "make an effort".
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 04:17:44 PM »
define "make an effort".

Well, there are lots of possibilities, I am willing to discuss them at another place but, "make an effort" can be something like:

- Elect members who can take our words to the devs in a way we can be heard;

- Think in ways (and act) to get IW out of LM hands or, at least, to make LM to not commit the same mistakes again;

- Give (for "free") time, money (as Kickstarter, for example) and "work" to the game (we have different types of professionals around here);

- Reunite the ideas that can save the game and put then to work ASAP;

And the list goes on.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:19:28 PM by Klassick »

Offline SwatAK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 04:27:13 PM »
yeah that sounds nice, theres a small problem though :
WE HAVE NO FREAKING WAY TO CONTACT LM.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 04:31:41 PM »

Send them an E-Mail?

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:35:15 PM »
I had this idea for a while and I guess I can tell it here: if someone like Teremus or Adorabear or few other members of this community (former or present) to whom I can trust will be able to organize kickstarter in order to buy IW from LM and continue its development, I will give them as much as I can (not much because of the financial crisis in Russia) and I will help with "spreading the word" among Russian-speaking players that there is still a hope for the game.

But I won't do puffy for LM and won't give them my money or my time.

You can try to contact with Elphie Coyle if you wish. His contacts not so hard to find at least facebook page and twitter.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 04:37:15 PM »
Voted for "yes" though I have lots of doubts if we can succeed.
It won't hurt trying but what can we do that will actually persuade LM to give us an answer?
Teremus has been gone for a month now. No new word from LM.
How can we be sure that this time they will not puffy things up?

The code of the game is a mess. The tablet version of the game is non-existent. We still got cards dating back to IW 2013 that need corrections. Still got cards that have bugs. Almost every update needed fixes. What is the point of having a kickstarter if LM will squander it all over again?

This is what I worry about - even if we manage to achieve anything the history will probably repeat itself. We'll just be buying some more time instead of having LM create a permanent solution.

To be honest I would much rather see the game being given to some other developer.

Also, our options seem rather limited. What would you suggest us doing? I can only think of either writing to them directly, spamming them with e-mails or trying an Internet petition. Things they will pretty much ignore I think.

UPDATE since you responded while I was writing:
your second point- you're just suggesting a goal here. What are the means to achieve this goal? This is the problem. How to achieve these things?

Sigh, one step at a time. We should elect this "official" first and try contacting them. Nothing else will work unless we have a channel of communication.
(Though I'm pretty sure we won't have to worry about all the other difficult steps since we won't get an answer)

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 04:58:01 PM »

Ok, I was nothing going to talk about it right now but, fu*k it.

Believe me, there are ways to contact them.

- Coyle has an active account on facebook, twitter, linkedin and do check e-mails;

(by the way, you can contact him too at http://www.sensualfreedom.info/contact/ )

- Lightmare has a "base" were whe can send letters and people to talk (ok, in Australia);

- I gave a phone call some time ago and LM is active with its student training bussiness so, there are people there who can at least receive a message;

Well, just in case, imagine the impact of "we" calling to the schools they want to / are doing the "courses" and start to "talk" with the students and schools envolved...

- I bet Teremus would not mind to deliver a statament/message or something like it to LM (he loves the game and I am sure he would help someway);

- That are others LM members we can talk too;

As said here, first of all, we need to unite ourselves and organize what will be our objectives, how we will act and elect those who will lead us.

My only objective here is to start a fire and know who wants to collaborate at this process.

If I could, I would take IW from LM myself but, we need to negotiate solutions and find ways of doing it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:05:25 PM by Klassick »

Offline SwatAK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 05:03:09 PM »
its been more than a month since moose left and we havent heard a word from them.
do u seriously think they will care if we send them an email? emails took ages to be answered back when there was still energy in the game, so how much will they take to answer that?
just know when to quit guys, the company are a bunch of idiots that dont give a damn about this game. accept the cruel reality and move on.
im more than willing to make an effort to save the game, but all our efforts will be in vain.
im just a pessimistic dude in here whos tired of the bs LM is giving us.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 05:17:09 PM »
its been more than a month since moose left and we havent heard a word from them.
do u seriously think they will care if we send them an email? emails took ages to be answered back when there was still energy in the game, so how much will they take to answer that?
just know when to quit guys, the company are a bunch of idiots that dont give a damn about this game. accept the cruel reality and move on.
im more than willing to make an effort to save the game, but all our efforts will be in vain.
im just a pessimistic dude in here whos tired of the bs LM is giving us.

I understand you.

I hold my horses the most I could but, I will be honest:

If this game is going down, I am the kind of (vengefull) guy that will make LM and its staff regret this decision...

Not because I like to be an "evil lord" or something like it but, hey, I invested time and money at this game and, when someone is willing to throw away "my work" I will not take it lightly.

More than that, I love this game, and I do not abandon things I love with ease.

If LM simply ignore us or refuse to hear what we have to say, we have ways to be listen. Oh, we have!

If they decide to get this game down, we can choose our weapons and fire our guns at them.

But now, what we need is organization, objectives and a plan.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:18:50 PM by Klassick »

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 05:42:24 PM »
Funny. I think it is more likely that I will become a billionaire over night and buy the game, than it is to save the game through kickstarters or whatever. ;D
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline SwatAK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »
i still have my doubts but lets see what we can do.
Funny. I think it is more likely that I will become a billionaire over night and buy the game, than it is to save the game through kickstarters or whatever. ;D
I've watched enough movies (and anime) to know that this can happen. :D

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 05:56:32 PM »
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 05:59:25 PM »
i still have my doubts but lets see what we can do.
I've watched enough movies (and anime) to know that this can happen. :D

That's why I like you guys, even at times like these you made me give a good laugh...  ;D

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »
Well this was something quite a few people saw coming to this game and to saving it that would be nice however it would not have needed saving in the first place if it was properly managed also didn't fall a few sticks to short at the beginning of its launch.

Lightmare doesn't have the capability to control and publish a game it result in another failed product going down realistically this game was there reputation of what they could deliver as a product, game and service they failed. Not having the control and communication which should have been there in the first place did not help this game ether. (Not left up to one guy on the forum to manage an entire community.)

Infinity wars brought something new to the tcg genre we have all experienced it first hand the flaw at the end of that was LM. (I am not going to defend these guys even if they did some good things it is disgusting to have put people time and money for them to keep going down one step on the stairs.)
I am going to rage and moan at this as this gaming studio which should have done way better the time was in favour of them because we certainly gave them that waiting months at a time for updates and progress.

jeez I am going to leave it at that thank you IW you offered this guy a great TCG its a shame your parents couldn't help you grow.