Poll

Will you quit Infinity Wars?

Yes
46 (48.9%)
No
48 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Author Topic: Will you quit Infinity Wars?  (Read 9151 times)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Will you quit Infinity Wars?
« on: November 19, 2015, 04:07:26 PM »
Will you quit Infinity Wars? What has to go wrong to lead you to your decision to quit? When will you quit? Have you already quit? What is your reasoning for quitting?

Or Will you play Infinity Wars forever? What is your reasoning for such unwaivering loyalty to the game?

Let me know, I'm curious about the feelings others have for the game, especially from active members on the forums.

I personally have decided to quit Infinity Wars by February 1, 2016, if there is not any content that I deem worthy. In my opinion the past few patches did not meet my expectations. I'm not even considering the bugs caused. I have very low expectations for Lightmare, and trust me, they didn't even meet those.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Nightmyre

• View Profile
Re: Will you quit Infinity Wars?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »
I've already stopped playing ... and won't come back unless there are some signs the game is not dead. Unfortunate since it's a fairly well developed game :/

Offline Fiveball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »
Just started a week or so ago. I generally don't have alot of time or attention to learn new things because reasons. This game however has kept me occupied in the little spats of time I have here or there. I'll continue to be on for awhile I'd expect.

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 06:12:56 PM »
For now, I won't. When (if ever?) the game will be out of beta, it depends on how competitive one could be without monetary investment. If the game stays the way it is now, i.e. anybody can have almost any card and therefore experience the game in full in a few months, and money is required just for luxuries like battlefields and premium cards, I will definitely stay. If end of beta means a shift towards PTW, then I think I will quit.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »
For now, I won't. When (if ever?) the game will be out of beta, it depends on how competitive one could be without monetary investment. If the game stays the way it is now, i.e. anybody can have almost any card and therefore experience the game in full in a few months, and money is required just for luxuries like battlefields and premium cards, I will definitely stay. If end of beta means a shift towards PTW, then I think I will quit.

Beta ended on September 5th 2014.

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 06:45:35 PM »
I won't quit, because I enjoy playing the game. However, I do not spend a lot of time playing the game and only tend to play 1-5 games a day after getting the log on rewards.

Offline gwentomnion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »
I've been playing it much more sparingly than I used to, but I'll still log in for a match every now and again until there are not other players around.

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 07:05:48 PM »
Feel like joining in on this so here I go for my end I quit 1 week after oppression came out why I did this was because the game is not developing to the stage we all feel it should have been at. As I said in one of my threads the game is trying to grasp something it not getting a hold of to me I have come to see that as IW has a lot of limitations blocking it.

Note: I also grew tired of the waiting game you play with this product it to much for a player when say to yourself "this time it is going to be better" that time comes you are disappointed.

One thing you have got to love even if you quit the game the forum community is nice at least it not toxic like some.

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 07:17:23 PM »
I love Infinity Wars. One of the reasons for this is that it is *not* a casual game, it has a lot of depth and strategy.

That means that a lot of work goes into playing the game seriously. Experimenting with deck combos, sidedecks, etc and testing them out against the different faction combinations takes a significant investment of time and brainpower. And that's before you consider spending real money on cards.

I'm not complaining, I like that. But if I'm going to make that investment I need to feel that the game has a future and isn't just a walking corpse that hasn't realised it's dead yet.

At the moment, I'm not convinced.

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 08:06:52 PM »
I don't quit the game, however I find myself playing very rarely

Offline electro13

• You've been bamboozled!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 08:11:34 PM »
I'm out. Sucks to say it but there is no motivation to play right now. None. Nothing to ever look forward to at all and nothing to try and get. And if I try to play it at this point I can't even enjoy it cause I think about how nothing will ever happen again and how puffy LM is.

Aside from the amazing gameplay, the best thing from this game was the awesome people I met and became friends with like the moose and Helios and win sanity and the list goes on. And I can still talk and chill with them now and do every day, without the help of IW.

The game was great but no reason to play it anymore.

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 08:18:40 PM »
quit? no
reason? well the game is gonna be at my pc and theres really no reason to delete it. i havent logged in for more than 2 weeks and not planning to do so anytime soon. im taking a break from the game till something not so boring shows up.
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline JHOW4864

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 08:25:22 PM »
I already started to quit about 6 months ago, since then have maybe had a few days a month where i played again, consistently decreasing the more faith i lose in lightmare. Problems seap from the top down, and all this started to happen when elphies head was no longer in the game. I could say negative defamatory things about him, but i'll leave it at that.

To answer the question though, not only will i quit infinity wars i already pretty much have and probably won't wait as long as february to fully give up hope. Its like you've been married to someone for 20 years thinking it was your soulmate, only to have them tell you they want a divorce, and you're trying to do everything to make them care again, but the wall of silence is already there

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 11:04:20 PM »
Of course ill never quit IW its the best TCG out there by far. Plus I luv u all :P
Goose got me loose!

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 01:17:07 AM »
Beta ended on September 5th 2014.

No. IW is still in beta and should be evaluated accordingly.
I know LM claimed the beta ended when the game went gold, but in reality we have:

1) Lack of basic features (for example consistent leagues / auction house)
2) lack of a fixed schedule for sets' releases
3) testing still done by players (infinity council) and not by an internal team
4) far too generous rewards, typical sign of focus on player acquisition/retention rather than monetization.

...and no game past beta phase has any of these traits.

Anyway my point is: as long as the game is in beta, it's pointless to complain or get enraged or discouraged, because any investment in the game (be it time, money or faith) has no guaranteed return, since the game may never go past beta phase.