Author Topic: Revamped Login Rewards  (Read 25842 times)

Offline Tyrantherus

• View Profile
Revamped Login Rewards
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:31:47 AM »
It may still be a little early to say for sure on it, however I have played a good number of free to play games and the like.

On one hand, I LOVE the fact that the rewards actually feel meaningful and are actually noteworthy. On the other, I feel that this may lead to a stagnation of players who will simply log in, log off for the rewards, and not much else, feeling that they do not need to play any matches to reek the benefits (Excluding IP boost).

In my opinion, as far as the kinds of rewards you receive, you guys are definitely on the right track, however the incentive should carry over into actually playing the games instead of feeling like a login bot for a multitude of games (Was feeling like that for awhile when I began to burn out playing Neverwinter and Firefall).

What would I do? I feel that that as far as logging in, you've definitely upped reason to do so. To continually play? I feel that there should be alot of extra 'quests' to do to gain cards other than the academy and campaign. Things that would correspond to the different factions such as "Discard 50 cards" Get cresill, the mad, discard 150 cards, get a copy of hungry abomination. discard 500 cards, get a copy of yagron.

Another example would be awarding the cards to overseers for removing X characters from game, or cards to sleepers for bringing back X number of cards from the graveyard into play, or flame dawn for hitting the players fortress with characters played that turn X number of times, ect.

It would help flesh out harder to get cards for newcomers as a guaranteed means other than trade, and give them a goal to continue attempting to get, while also letting them explore the different play styles of each faction.

Offline antideath

• View Profile
Re: Revamped Login Rewards
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 03:59:15 AM »
i think a slow trickle of new cards to make new decks, and especially the token encourage wanting to play, cause its fun? and before foundation is a really nice deal to want to play...for me anyway!

your ideas on earning cards by playing are great! and a unique way to play more diverse cards too..without owning said card, goal are nice! we had them kinda..weekly ect but not random and for special stuff. 

hmm a random quest for legends , epics rares..accept or decline . 1 quest at a time. expect a grind depending...but it will end in loots.! would be a neat featurE!

Offline SamPan, Who Nobody Likes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:30:00 AM »
If my understanding is correct, then the new system rewards you for playing less vs before after you've been in the game for a while. Giving advantage to older players. Which is weird.

I'd honestly do it the other way around. Giving newer players increased luck on their dailies, that slowly decays to a normal level over time. Btw, after having played for over a month, I think, I would not consider myself new or eligible for getting increased luck in such a way.

In order to keep older players in the game however you'd need HS like features. Because they work.

I'd also recommend some crafting options. A way to "dust" cards in exchange for upgrading other cards to premium status. Such as dusting 10-20 rares in order to give an Azael you already own, a golden border or something. This will give players something to do with all their soulbound cards as well as their unwanted tradable cards. Sort of an excess card sink.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:31:43 AM by SamPan, Who Nobody Likes »

Offline SamPan, Who Nobody Likes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 05:13:29 AM »
Yup. After logging in I don't like it. You can even trade your daily reward cards? Am I right about that? That's just perfect for people who want to sell cards. This is a terrible idea for Lightmare. It's so abusable it's not even funny. I think they need some new advisors. I'm trying to say this respectfully.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 05:38:26 AM »
Yup. After logging in I don't like it. You can even trade your daily reward cards? Am I right about that? That's just perfect for people who want to sell cards. This is a terrible idea for Lightmare. It's so abusable it's not even funny. I think they need some new advisors. I'm trying to say this respectfully.

What exactly do you think is abusable? Getting 1 random card every 5 days?
Goose got me loose!

Offline tyuiotyui

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 05:55:25 AM »

Getting 10 random cards on 10 smurfs and trading them to main account, i guess?

Offline tyuiotyui

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 06:09:09 AM »
Just logged in, and got soulbound waste chucker) So it must be soulbound or what?)

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 06:13:43 AM »

Getting 10 random cards on 10 smurfs and trading them to main account, i guess?

We have systems in place to easily catch people doing that sort of abuse though.
Goose got me loose!

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 06:38:07 AM »
Should also revamp the Panel for the faction Icons it is a bit messy the way they are displayed not to mention it took me 1920 by 1080 resolution to actually see 90% of the icon cause it hidden under that drop down menu.

The new reward system not to bad like the design of the buttons etc.. maybe they should also implement this new appearance into other sections of the GUI.

Hopefully they do something about the faction icons to me even though I don't play now would also be something to at least improve even if it is minor.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 07:40:56 AM »
I like the new Login rewards, I think they could have kept the random card for 3 games still to promote people playing, but otherwise I quite like it.

All of this is in the point of view as a veteranish player with a more or less complete collection, just to warn you.

I like that we finally get IP and LP as rewards, that helps us to save up for the next pre-order set, and the LP lets the free-to-players try some of the battlefields and such, eventually anyway.

Getting a pack every 5 days also sounds great, gives us the chance for golds and such and lets us enjoy pack openings without sacrificing pre-order packs.

Finally the 100% boost for 5 days is awesome, if I read this correctly, after the first 5 days, you'd be on a permanent 100% bost if you log in every days as far as I can tell, that's great, only thing I'd like to know is what happens if you activate another boost while it's active? does the other boost apply additively or multiplicately?  or does it replace the boost or only work for XP? I guess we'll find out.

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 08:05:19 AM »
I slightly worry that the new system might open some ways to abuse it. And I don't like it doesn't give any stimulus to actually play the game, just to login every day.

But for honest players who already want to play without thinking how to cheat the system, this new rewards are great. I'm playing this game anyway but give me 5 days and I will get permanent double boost for my IP (assuming that my offer will be the same for each 5 days)? Count me in, 300 IP per match is great!

And additional IP, LP, and cards as daily rewards are welcome as well.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline omucupunga

• GI or bust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 09:43:20 AM »
I slightly worry that the new system might open some ways to abuse it. And I don't like it doesn't give any stimulus to actually play the game, just to login every day.

But for honest players who already want to play without thinking how to cheat the system, this new rewards are great. I'm playing this game anyway but give me 5 days and I will get permanent double boost for my IP (assuming that my offer will be the same for each 5 days)? Count me in, 300 IP per match is great!

I think the double IP is a great reason by itself for people to play more. Otherwise, you've expressed my thoughts entirely.
I sometimes post stuff.

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 10:43:51 AM »
But for honest players who already want to play without thinking how to cheat the system, this new rewards are great.
i think ur talking about me :P
I'm playing this game anyway but give me 5 days and I will get permanent double boost for my IP (assuming that my offer will be the same for each 5 days)? Count me in, 300 IP per match is great!

im pretty sure after five days its gonna reset the count and go back to day 1, theres no way there could be a permanent double ip boost.
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 10:46:59 AM »
im pretty sure after five days its gonna reset the count and go back to day 1, theres no way there could be a permanent double ip boost.

You might be surprised...

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 10:55:50 AM »

You might be surprised...
wait, WHAT! god it should be for one day, not 5!
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"