Author Topic: Oppression : 3p Meta Deck  (Read 1309 times)

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
Oppression : 3p Meta Deck
« on: August 08, 2015, 05:59:31 PM »
Out of curiosity, what is the supposedly really good 3p WP deck I keep hearing about? I've always wanted to get into WP and it sounds like now is the right time, but I'm still not convinced its a straight up ramp (I.e. Not Karani and 2 BLBP in command). Can anyone clue me in onto what people in ranked are doing?
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Re: Oppression : 3p Meta Deck
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 12:10:43 AM »
Aunissial + A Big Character, e.g. Hidden By Clouds, Titan of the New World or Karckk (this can also be used in a 2 Purity Warpath deck, e.g. Hermit). Of course, ramping with Resource Generators is included, but few rely on Karani for a stronger early game from Command, e.g. replacing her with Adaptive Hulker.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 07:14:50 PM »
This is the list I use:

Centered around Calamity and Annunsal

Offline Knive8s9704

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 02:32:14 PM »
That's a lot of adaptive hulker O.o XD

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 03:40:25 PM »
Lolz...people tell me I don't have to have legendaries to make a competitive Warpath deck....

Then I see - "Centered around Calamity"....And triple coyle
And I suppose you threw in Martyr Golems too...oh wait.

-_-

I will say though, it is nice seeing someone else's resource ramp - I've been wondering whether or not people have been including nobles or not. I don't quite have the card availability to build a straight up beefy creature deck, so I've been improvising with the biggest creatures I have to make something that works, if not quite as effectively.

Command

BlBP
Aleta, Caretaker
Adaptive Hulker

Creatures: 27

x1 Wealthy Noble
x3 BLBP
x3 Aunissial
x3 Skrarr
x1 Hidden by Clouds
x2 Force against the Law
x3 Dropbear
x3 Hulking Sniper
x3 Pack Leader
x2 Hehkeem
x1 Rakarl
x1 Subdues the Meek
x1 Karani

Abilities: 12

x3 Gift of the Passing
x2 Fight
x2 Eucalyptus Tree
x2 Stampede
x1 Never Forget the Fallen
x2 Retaliation

Other

x1 Untapped Wilderness

The basic strategy is to ramp and then get as many beasts on the field as possible, and initially swarm with a lot of creatures. I'm actually starting to like subdues the meek and am considering throwing in another...but its mostly used as a finisher and I'm not sure there would really be the card fuel around to make that work.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:13:47 PM by ecliptix »
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline Knive8s9704

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 03:55:05 PM »
Nobles are okay since aleta can buff it out of the nuke zone...the deck plays heavy on ramping up quickly...but variations in tempo can differ

and the coyle is pretty staple in the deck with it working with fight but you don't necessarily need it...I don't have martyr in mine at all.

I also have more adaptive hulker for match up against non-flyer deck so those snipers aren't dead draws + I also have multiple untapped wilderness.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 05:36:17 PM »
Lolz...people tell me I don't have to have legendaries to make a competitive Warpath deck....

Matry golem doesn't need to be there at all, it's just there for CTD decks really, Matriach would probably be a suitable replacement, or just ramp like Karani, Untapped Wilderness, or more removal cards.

But Agent Coyle Primal Hunter is vital to the deck. You need that strong way to regain board advantage otherwise you lose to aggro decks. Dropbear is not good enough. I've complained about this in a different thread.

You can get away without calamity, but this deck is super strong after a calamity due to the expensive haste cards.

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 03:28:37 AM »
I don't understand the need for wealthy noble in that deck at all. Blbp is hands down better than noble in every way now and with gift of the passing, i think you could easily replace noble with something better. Such as two adaptive hulkers instead of the nobles. That way none of your snipers are dead draws.

Side note: it's about time people started seeing the awesomeness of force against the law. :)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 06:47:31 AM »
Avatar of Yuanshi > Force Against the Law  ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:50:36 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.