Author Topic: How the population in IW  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
How the population in IW
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:39:16 AM »
Hello all how the player base and gaming going in IW have not played even after the new update to the game and wanted to hear from the community on the state it is in.

Offline Terpitor

• View Profile
Re: How the population in IW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 06:54:03 AM »
Looking at the steam charts and how generally it feels in game, the population has certainly diminished these few months.

Offline Cleanse

• View Profile
    • Message Cleanse on Infinity Wars Wiki
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 07:29:57 AM »
Pretty much this:

Well, this is a trend but not in the way shown. IW has always shown those 'spikes' after some big patches and prior/during a few weeks after a set release, so it doesn't really surprise me.

What would indeed surprise me is if the next part of this trend doesn't happen (it being a massive decline of players about a month after a set release then further dropping until another patch to finish the trend).
(http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=64647.msg)

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 07:54:00 AM »
I think we're going fine, seems to have low que times still, and I see lots of new guys and girls playing as well.

Steam charts are hard to tell really as I know for a fact some of the new people I've met are on standalone, and that's where all the in-game invitations send them as well.

I'm liking it at the moment, and yes, it probably has fallen a bit from the set release, but is still higher than before that as far as I can tell.

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 10:41:05 AM »
Decline of players has probably more to do with it being summer, than anything else.

Offline Hunters12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »
Yeah,that's the Steam players online, which gives a rough estimate, there are also many players that play with the standalone and thus won't show up there.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 02:32:14 PM »
I have been noticing a lot of newer players which is really good, so I think we're moving in the right direction. I can only hope this trend continues.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 05:06:19 PM »
Same here, I have noticed several new players lately, which I can't say was the case even after Order was released like half a year ago, so it looks promising. Hope it continues to grow.

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 06:29:29 PM »
Well if the game is getting new starters that good to know but decline in the community for IW seems to be the most common trend until new content is added. Then again could be a lot more players than what we are actually seeing so I cant really say every much into this myself thus asking how the state of the game been.

Hopefully IW stays on its feet and picks up to a nice good state as this game deserves its goodness as a very nice TCG.

How has the match's been since the new update would you guys say it boring or offered a lot more creativity and variety to the meta. However is it in place where old top decks have just been taken over and it back into the same position with few selections of decks that are commonly used. As I find it boring that it is those selected decks are what should be used to compete instead of what you can discover, create, visualise how you what the deck to work with so and so cards to me that where I think it should be. But that just an opinion of mine so no one take it to heart instead of this and this deck used all over the place.

What do you lot say to this.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 07:11:11 PM »
You'll probably encounter 3p OoS or some variation of OoS 99% of your games, but that doesn't mean there's not any variety, just that OoS atm is extremely strong and popular. 2p GI variants, FD variants, Counting the Days, and more are also playable.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 04:45:48 PM »
Decline of players has probably more to do with it being summer, than anything else.

That is reverse logic sir. With it being summer there should actually be more people playing than less. Kiddies got no school, and working adults never have the summer off anyways so it should be consistent. These statistics likely show that more mature adults play Infinity Wars compared to teenagers with wealthy parents. If there were age statistics for the game, I doubt there are any 12 year olds playing Infinity Wars. I can further prove this by noting that immature people do not contribute to the majority of the player base because the level of toxicity in the game is minimal with the occasional troll compared to a troll encounter ever minute in other games. Without kiddies and their parent's money this game can not be as successful as it could be.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:49:43 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 08:20:42 PM »
With it being summer there should actually be more people playing than less. Kiddies got no school, and working adults never have the summer off anyways so it should be consistent.

Except the weather is nice so perhaps those kiddies are playing outside instead of staying at home on their computer all day...

Ah, who am I kidding?
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream