Author Topic: Worst Tilt Story  (Read 893 times)

Offline Winsanity

• The Winsanity is overwhleming
    • View Profile
Worst Tilt Story
« on: June 30, 2015, 04:08:11 PM »
Going on tilt is a gambling term that is basically losing a few games and getting salty. Then playing more and more to turn the odds back in your favor until you inevitably end up much worse than where you started.

So today hasn't been the best day in ranked for me. Dropped 3 matches in a row and a little over 100 points and the familiar feeling of  "Going on tilt" is coming back. Luckily I've experienced it before so I'm just gonna stay away from the game today so it doesn't get worse. (Probably, it's only 11am. I mean how much worse could it possibly get >.>)

Anyway, that isn't even my worst tilt story. The worst was in the first ranked season. I was ranked fairly high, probably around 10th-20th and I think Mill had just started getting popular. I generally used FD mixes back then and wasn't familiar with the deck. I proceeded to drop 8 matches in a row to the damn thing. Each time thinking that it must be some kind of fluke....it wasn't, and I was being an idiot. By the end of the day I was down around 400 points for ranked. Learned a good lesson that day though.

So what's your worst story of going on tilt? Doesn't have to just be ranked. Doesn't even have to about IW. Just talk about one of those times you just wouldn't throw in the towel, and wound up feeling like an idiot.

Offline Meadhlyn

• Force of Will
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Worst Tilt Story
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »
Been there done that, going on a 14 game losing streak in ranked on League of Legends tilting more and more which each and every game (blaming it on everything except myself). But yeah you learn from it and it should (hopefully) not happen again in the near future :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:03:49 PM by Meadhlyn »

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 05:01:47 PM »
You should know better than to queue FD during the Mill Meta. It's the Queue Conspiracy man. Back then it was set up so that Mill faced FD. But now that Mill is on LM's radar, this is no longer the case. Theres a new queue pattern ever since the Oppression launch.

I dont tilt because Im just that good. The only reason I lose is because I allow myself to lose. Back in my League days, I intentionally threw the game because of people insulting teamates after 1 death and calling others a feeder. My philosophy was that if I were bad and terrible at the game, like those toxic players claimed me to be then I would be stuck at bronze ranking. Even though I intentionally threw the game because I felt that certain toxic players do not deserve to be higher rating, I still managed to get to a great rating in the end. Eventually I noticed that after gold the toxic players are less likely to queue into the same game unless they were premades. Ive decided to quit all MOBAS because there is a certain level of toxicity I cannot stand. I quit RPGs because there is a level of pay to win where I can no longer be competitive. Now here I am playing a TCG after all these years.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:05:32 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 11:31:37 PM »
I play a lot of Medic in TF2, and the problem with Medic is that he is only as good as the team he is in, as you must depend on them for survival. And pub servers are full of bad players, so there isn't really a single instance of tilt I can single out as the worst.

The phases of tilt is almost always like this: Use Stock Medigun -> Cannot survive long enough to use Über -> Switch to Kritzkrieg (25% faster Über building) -> Still cannot survive long enough to use Über -> Switch to Quick-Fix, not planning on using Über anymore -> still lose the game. (Given I don't ragequit at any point.)