Author Topic: Yagron, House of Greed  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
Yagron, House of Greed
« on: June 15, 2015, 09:41:10 PM »
Here a deck I have been running which does quite well and there much room to improve it and adjust as you see fit. Some cards I would have added if I had some however you as a player might have cards that can do better with this deck so please by all means.

Yagron, House of Greed
2P Exile. 1P COV

Commanders:
1. Yagron (Select and feed your cards plus card creation with exile perfect.)
2. Hungry Abomination (Main card you are going to play when feed.)
3. Black Bind Witch (Good stopping force if she doesn't get taken out early.)

Characters:
Master of Demons x 3 (Deploy and get buffed)
Adaptive Brute x 3 (Food source plus a nice power house that can do 6 damage to fortress.)
Suffering Verorian x 3 (Soldier of your deck with exile.)
Two Face x 3 (Super food for Mr hungry and nice powerful card.)
Unstable Demon x 3 (Soldier of your deck with exile.)
Infected Devil x 3
Demon of Solitude x 3
Agent Coyle, Superior Symbiote x 2 (Need one of your cards back this guy does it perfectly.)

Abilities:
Recycle x 2
Death Laser x 2
Splat x 2
Denial of Reason x 2 (Your opponent going to be mad after that)
Mark of the Demon x 3
Spontaneous Combustion x 3
Demonic Reflection x 1 (Don't ever use on Mr Hungry you will have two of them.)
Decension x 2

I am guessing after some text entry by the card names you get how this deck works and it can be a right destroyer did a match with an experienced player and power housed out his Warpath Deck.

Hope you guys like this deck.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:45:26 PM by Dreamplume »

Offline Mc_doge

• View Profile
Re: Yagron, House of Greed
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 12:47:49 AM »
Just some quick questions about a deck based on Yagron and your deck.  Not that I have more than 1 but wouldn't they be an auto include in any 2p exile?  I don't dispute master of demons usefulness but isn't a discard theme going to be more synergetic by going 3p with crecill the mad?

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 07:40:30 AM »
Just some quick questions about a deck based on Yagron and your deck.  Not that I have more than 1 but wouldn't they be an auto include in any 2p exile?  I don't dispute master of demons usefulness but isn't a discard theme going to be more synergetic by going 3p with crecill the mad?

You can do that I however wanted to do a 2 purity version with utility from another faction and CoV was something that would work great since it has some of the best removal. Yagron give you the control over discard that really bumps up how exile decks can now operate unless he gets changed hope not.

So by all means make it 3 purity if you like if you see it going to be even stronger again I just wanted to use other utilities from another faction while I made this deck.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 07:39:58 AM »
As the proud owner of a yagron deck, I've been playing around with it recently and its finally starting to grow on me. That said there are a few things here I don't quite understand.

Black Bind Witch

I'll admit to being biased here as I typically don't like anything below 4 hp in the command zone, but I really don't understand why you have her here she's way too easy to stop in the command and honestly you lose 2 cards to stop one opposing card. Aside from dealing with Gao Han, this card actually puts you at a deficit just by playing it. Chances are if your opponent sees this right off the bat they aren't going to impale anything worth killing on it.

Two-Face:

If you're going to use this card you absolutely need to have ways to handle it in the event its killed. Personally I go with demonize, descent into madness or even your death ray could work. I think this one is more of a personal taste, but in early game he can cause such wide tempo swings both for you and against you that I'm not a big fan of using him in a deck where I'm generating only slightly less powerful 8/8 creatures almost every single turn.

Demon of Solitude

If you had more discard power I could completely understand using him. That said, he's going to spend most of the game pretty weak since Yagron tends to flood your hand around the time the 3-5 creatures come down. To be honest, this deck really doesn't have the discard power to make him viable.

Agent Coyle, Superior Symbiote

The cheapest thing your going to get back is a 3 cost master of demons. In my personal experience with Yagron, this is something that you really can't afford with him. Have you considered trying adaptive ritualist instead? You have to remove a card from the game, but you get something out of your graveyard at cost AND get a nice 8/8 creature to boot.

Recycle

In most decks this card is great. However, exiles are definitely not most decks. I'd swap this out for demonic presence. Getting a 5 card refresh and being able to discard your whole hand, while more expensive gives you more options with exiles.
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 01:43:56 AM »
Its also possible to side a demonic presence because i found that card is quite good vs tinker deck that's quite popular in ranked right now.