Author Topic: OPpression  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Winsanity

• The Winsanity is overwhleming
    • View Profile
OPpression
« on: June 10, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »
So what card has made you feel Oppressed in your time of playing Infinity Wars? Does Tibat still give you nightmares from when Mill was big? Maybe Shrine to the Heavens is more like your own personal hell. Basically, what cards just frustrated the hell out of you when they were played? Whether they've been changed or not. You can even just talk about certain deck types from past metas if you want.

I remember back when Oblivion was at its absolute peak. That deck just made me wanna shoot myself because I knew I was in for 20 turns of stalling and misery. Also, FD/SoA becoming big unnerved me a bit....mainly because it was so much damn faster than my preferred FD/GI build.

Offline Zombieskittles

• Pants-wearing YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • Zombieskittles.com
Re: OPpression
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:51:08 PM »
Shrine is literally the only card that ever made me feel terrible about this game. Obviously that is because of the decks it is built around but yeah.

Offline NikaSharkeh

• For Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 08:56:49 PM »
To be honest, Hubris of The Strong and Demonize still annoy the crap out of me. I play GI, so Death Ray/Assasinate/Etc are one thing.. but general cheap tranform cards that just easily sh*t on all my hard-earned buffs/shields+shield generator/mecha dragon/etc are completely another and annoy me greatly. Not even talking about MU decks.

Just saying.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »
Anything that counters me really, but what I really hate is Genesis and Flame Dawn Decks. If every game was with and against Verore and Descendants of the Dragons, I would have so much fun.  ;D
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 09:04:55 PM »
Say what you want but Sol is still the bane of my existence.

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 09:43:12 PM »
The only conceivable answer is Overcharged Storm. Its existence is an open insult to game design, feels like it was designed by somebody who never played a single game of IW, then tested by a bunch of illiterate toddlers who overlooked the lack of a fundamental line of text, and finally stubbornly ignored by all "balance" patches.
Also, whenever somebody is LF it in trade chat I'm glad this game doesn't use physical cards because if it did, I'd just pull all my copies out of my binder and burn them all before his eyes.

Offline Thechynd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 10:38:33 PM »
Wholesale slaughter, spontaneous combustion and Tibat due to the combination of RNG and being able to kill stuff on the same turn you play it. Really feel that Tibat shouldn't be able to hit a creature more than once with his ability and wholesale slaughter shouldn't work when they have nothing to sacrifice.

Also mass death because it means that from turn 6 onward you have to spend the rest of the game constantly holding back to a far greater extent than against any other faction, or you risk losing everything. Wish it was a unique ability, then successfully predicting and dodging it would feel like a genuine victory rather than "I dealt 0 damage this turn and still have to worry that they might play another one next turn". I actually find OCStorm less bothersome because if they want to kill anything with more than 4 health then they'll at least have to spend some extra cards. Double verore often doesn't have too much of value on the battlefield anyway, so I usually find that mass death locking cards in place doesn't matter enough to be a big drawback.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:40:09 PM by Thechynd »

Offline jbroad1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 10:57:07 PM »
I hate Calamity, it is such an easy catch all. It takes no strategy to use. Also Fear annoys me. 

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 11:29:32 PM »
Calamity, and to a certain extent Oblivion and Omnitron. Lately, the Avatars have become annoying.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 11:31:42 PM »
Wholesale slaughter played on a clear board on their side, and taking out my Aberion or MU02.

Cassial being dropped at the exact right time as I play a winds of war to clear all of their small chump blockers has been really annoying to me at he moment.

Offline Conquest

• Out with the old,in with the new. Long live Solace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 12:44:03 AM »

Also mass death because it means that from turn 6 onward you have to spend the rest of the game constantly holding back to a far greater extent than against any other faction, or you risk losing everything. Wish it was a unique ability, then successfully predicting and dodging it would feel like a genuine victory rather than "I dealt 0 damage this turn and still have to worry that they might play another one next turn". I actually find OCStorm less bothersome because if they want to kill anything with more than 4 health then they'll at least have to spend some extra cards. Double verore often doesn't have too much of value on the battlefield anyway, so I usually find that mass death locking cards in place doesn't matter enough to be a big drawback.

Once Struggle for Power comes out I feel this will become a lot more of a problem.

For me Calamity and The Avatars are very annoying

Intimidating Rally and Resilient Slime will probably cause some broken keyboards once theyre released.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:03:57 AM by Conquest »
THE VIRUS RISES ONCE MORE!

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 01:30:08 AM »
Anything that somehow lives after my board clears.

Offline PeliKan

• I'm a Warrior with a Pencil.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
Spliter Robots, Spliter everywhere.....