Author Topic: New Card Ideas For Warpath  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Imperial_Hammer

• View Profile
New Card Ideas For Warpath
« on: May 28, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »
Enter below any card ideas you have for Warpath. This can and additional brute or something that completely changes the meta, your choice. Make it an extremely fun card or one easy to calculate, the possibilities are endless.
I have a few ideas myself:

Card Type: Character
Name: Commander of the Stampede
Stats: A 20-cost 30/30
           Unstoppable
Ability/Abilities: Costs 1 less for each deployed character you control.
Purity: 2 or 3 Warpath
Morale Cost: 13
Rarity: Epic
Flavour Text: It has always been in our best interest to keep there commanders from... wrecking us... - Orion, Leader of Genesis Industries
Pictures and Animations: A massive beast, perhaps looking like Titan of the New World, running towards the camera, pushing trees over. One of Manys running past from the left, right and below, far faster than the commander.

Name: Reckless Rhino Cub
Stats: 1-cost 2/5
Ability/Abilities: Charge
Purity: 1 Warpath
Morale Cost: 3
Rarity: Common
Flavour Text: ?
Picture and Animations: A small rhino hopelessly ramming itself at a leg of a Flame Dawn Aspirant but keep bouncing off offscreen but comes and tries again.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: New Card Ideas For Warpath
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 08:21:37 PM »
Unstable Mutant
1 Purity WP, 1 Purity Exiles
Cost 2
Character- Beast Demon
Epic

Haste
20/0

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
Enter below any card ideas you have for Warpath. This can and additional brute or something that completely changes the meta, your choice. Make it an extremely fun card or one easy to calculate, the possibilities are endless.
I have a few ideas myself:

Name: Commander of the Stampede
Stats: A 20-cost 30/30
           Unstoppable
Ability/Abilities: Costs 1 less for each deployed character you control.
Purity: 2 or 3 Warpath
Morale Cost: 13
Rarity: Epic
Flavour Text: It has always been in our best interest to keep there commanders from... wrecking us... - Orion, Leader of Genesis Industries
Pictures and Animations: A massive beast, perhaps looking like Titan of the New World, running towards the camera, pushing trees over. One of Manys running past from the left, right and below, far faster than the commander.

Name: Reckless Rhino Cub
Stats: 1-cost 2/5
Ability/Abilities: Charge
Purity: 1 Warpath
Morale Cost: 3
Rarity: Common
Flavour Text: ?
Picture and Animations: A small rhino hopelessly ramming itself at a leg of a Flame Dawn Aspirant but keep bouncing off offscreen but comes and tries again.

You should lower your Commander of Stampede cost to like 15. It is very easily killed by death spells and against removal type decks you wont have many characters deployed to survive and play him.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 08:48:55 PM »
Unstable Mutant
Cost 2
Character- Beast Demon
Epic

Haste
20/0

That is an awesome concept!

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »
Unstable Mutant
Cost 2
Character- Beast Demon
Epic

Haste
20/0
I read that as Unusable Mutant. Was honestly surprised I read that wrong.

Slightly modified from an entry of mine on the Card Design Challenge thread:
Aether Prophet
Cost: 4
Morale: 8
Purity: 2 Warpath
Stats: 8/8
Subtypes: Unique, Beast
Description:
–Aether Prophet gains +2/+2 whenever an opponent plays an ability card.
–Pay 1 or 2, exhaust: The cost of the first ability card the opponent plays starting next turn is increased by 1 or 2 respectively. Cannot be used again until the opponent has played an Ability card affected by this ability.

The only card which gives Warpath the anti–ability theme so far is Ancient Aether, and I think this theme is interesting enough to be explored with other cards.

Essentially Warpath's Aether Acolyte, it punishes opponents for using abilities rather than rewarding yourself for using them. Because of the uncertainty of the opponent having substantial abilities in contrast to having your own abilities guranteed to grant Acolyte buffs, each ability gives +2/+2 instead of +1/+1.

The second ability is what causes it to be 2 Purity, Unique and deserve Rare status. While seeming fair at first glance, it is able to postpone a Mass Death or Calamity one turn longer (even if you Pay 2, since another ability could be played to bring their costs back down). However, because its ability is only active starting the next turn, opponents still have opportunities to play Abilities normally.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 02:25:26 PM »
Unstable Mutant
Cost 2
Character- Beast Demon
Epic

Haste
20/0

Wouldn't that die upon being played unless it had a  buff from Pack Leader of Alpha Demon?

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Thechynd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 04:35:49 PM »
Unstable Mutant
Cost 2
Character- Beast Demon
Epic

Haste
20/0

Wouldn't that die upon being played unless it had a  buff from Pack Leader of Alpha Demon?
Pretty sure that's the point as a 2 cost 20 power card with haste would be horribly broken if it didn't have a major drawback. I doubt that it being in the same factions as those cards is a coincidence.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 04:58:32 PM »
Thats is still too swingey, like ye its situational, you need pack leader or alpha demon or something to keep it alive but its a 20/0 haste creature, that will trade with anything so its a 2 mana removal spell that can't really miss or it can just 20 people to the face. if you manage to have a pack leader out and connect with 2 of these just once in a game they will individually do 46 dmg to your opponent over a single turn.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 05:06:52 PM »
Thats is still too swingey, like ye its situational, you need pack leader or alpha demon or something to keep it alive but its a 20/0 haste creature, that will trade with anything so its a 2 mana removal spell that can't really miss or it can just 20 people to the face. if you manage to have a pack leader out and connect with 2 of these just once in a game they will individually do 46 dmg to your opponent over a single turn.

The stats can be changed, but the concept of 0 health creatures is very cool and something that is unique to IWs

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 05:27:41 PM »
Oh ye don't get me wrong, I really like the idea behind it. That is really awesome.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 11:17:43 AM »
Warpath does have a health buffer with Aleta Caretaker, so you could have it being in Danger of Death only 1 turn. Ritual Master is another choice.  Or a cross faction thing like Daode or Support Drone.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 01:20:16 PM »
Patriarch
4 Cost
3p Warpath
Unique Unit
8/8

When Patriarch is deployed, at the end of turn, all beasts you control gain +1/+1.

------

Surge of the Wild
2 + x Cost
3p Warpath
Ability

When you play Surge of the Wild, you may pay an additional 2, 4, or 6 resources. For every 2 resources you pay upon using Surge of the Wild, beasts you control gain +1/+1 until the end of turn.

(ie, for 2, beasts you control gain +1/+1, for 4, beasts you control gain +2/+2, etc)

------

Protector of the Young
4 Cost
3p Warpath
Creature - Beast
4/12

When Protector of the Young is deployed, when a beast you control would take damage this turn, all damage is redirected to Protector of the Young instead.

------

Overcome!
8 Cost
3p Warpath
Ability

Until the end of this turn, the first time a beast under your control would die, it instead survives with 1 hp. (AKA, AoE primal rage for beasts)

------

Retreating Hulker
4 Cost
3p Warpath
Creature
4/11

Vigilance

Cannot be killed by non-damage sources

When Retreating Hulker enters the deployed zone, target creature loses half of it's attack power until the end of the turn.

Pay 2: Retreating Hulker returns to controlling player's hand (preemptive).

-----

Just some ideas. Right now there is literally no reason to play 3p WP over 2p WP hermit. 3p WP needs a lot of tools, particularly at 4 cost, to both improve the utility and capabilities of the faction as well as smooth out the WP curve so there are actually good moves to make at 4 resources.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:22:07 PM by TheRealTuna »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 01:25:53 PM »
Protector of the Young
4 Cost
3p Warpath
Creature - Beast
4/12

When Protector of the Young is deployed, when a beast you control would take damage this turn, all damage is redirected to Protector of the Young instead.

------

Overcome!
8 Cost
3p Warpath
Ability

Until the end of this turn, the first time a beast under your control would die, it instead survives with 1 hp. (AKA, AoE primal rage for beasts)

------

Retreating Hulker
4 Cost
3p Warpath
Creature
4/11

Vigilance

Cannot be killed by non-damage sources

When Retreating Hulker enters the deployed zone, target creature loses half of it's attack power until the end of the turn.

Pay 2: Retreating Hulker returns to controlling player's hand (preemptive).

-----

Just some ideas. Right now there is literally no reason to play 3p WP over 2p WP hermit. 3p WP needs a lot of tools, particularly at 4 cost, to both improve the utility and capabilities of the faction as well as smooth out the WP curve so there are actually good moves to make at 4 resources.

I actually really like these three - although I wish they weren't all 3 purity. Id like more reasons to splash 1p WP in other decks and some of these I feel might be able to occupy that space as well.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »
Ya, purity can always be altered too, I just wanted to make sure that 3p had real cards to use, but 1p is also lacking as well.

Really, it's just that there no reason to do anything but 2p WP right now.

EDIT: For retreating hulker, might make more sense to make his deployed effect "target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn." That seems more in line with warpath. Half attack is more in line with DoD. Who knows, maybe it could instead be a hybrid WP/DoD card and retain the original effect.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:39:29 PM by TheRealTuna »

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »
Surge of the Wild
2 + x Cost
3p Warpath
Ability

When you play Surge of the Wild, you may pay an additional 2, 4, or 6 resources. For every 2 resources you pay upon using Surge of the Wild, beasts you control gain +1/+1 until the end of turn.

(ie, for 2, beasts you control gain +1/+1, for 4, beasts you control gain +2/+2, etc)

Too weak, it is basically at its base a worse Guns of Goliath. 4 Cost for +1/+1, 6 cost for +2/+2, 8 cost for +3/+3 and it is even temporary. Tripple Purity can be scary powerful because they Limit deckbuilding.

Overcome!
8 Cost
3p Warpath
Ability

Could be broken with multiple Unstoppable Characters out, not sure though. It is certainly quite scary.