Author Topic: QotD: Favorite Factions to Mix  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Winsanity

• The Winsanity is overwhleming
    • View Profile
QotD: Favorite Factions to Mix
« on: March 23, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
Pretty simple. What're your favorite factions to mix and why?

I personally enjoy GI and Exiles because then I can pull off Genesis Spy/Demonic Presence shenanigans :3

Offline Reyn

• View Profile
Re: QotD: Favorite Factions to Mix
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »
Thematically I really enjoy the combination of the Flame Dawn and the Overseers. There's something about purifying fire and angels that I really enjoy. Sadly this combination doesn't really suit me mechanically owing to the Flame Dawn emphasis on aggressive plays which is a style I cannot get my head around.

Mechanically I really enjoy the combination of the Descendants of Dragons and the Cult of Verore. I'm a control player in my heart and I enjoy the alternate win conditions the DoD provide with the removal of Verore to back it up.

wham

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 07:31:13 PM »
I love to mix sleepers and genesis :)

There are at least three interesting decks that are possible, and they are also quite fun to play.

Offline Junker99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:04:52 PM »
I have been thinking more and more about using DOD and FD together as using DOD's healing to give the flame dawn some staying power could be fun to toy with.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 10:48:35 PM »
FD WP will always be my boi and I wish I was around when hunted Dragon was the meta!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 02:07:23 AM »
DoD and DoD.

DoD life!

Gao Han or Gao Home!
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 05:50:27 AM »
For pure gameplay value, I still favor FD/GI. It was the first competitive deck that I built from scratch, and is still the deck I'm most comfortable playing.

For sheer LOL value, I've played a couple of fun ones...

There was a WP/DoD that grew out of helping a new player with their first deck. With Zunshen and Hehkeem in command, the deck had some interesting threats in a creature vs creature matchup. Zunshen himself was an amazing blocker, and turn 8 Hehkeem + Zunshen would wipe defense lines easily.

Verore/DoD was another interesting one, but not for the morale burn stuff. The reason I remember this is because the day of the Veroria change, this deck was made utilising Veroria and Jialan for an invincible (almost) fortress.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:11 AM »
I love mixing Verore with Verore with a side of Verore for dessert. Verore doesn't mix, don't disrespect the faction!  >:(
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »
Flame Dawn and Verore is the current combination I use, due to the amount of mind games and tactics I have at my disposal.

I used to like Warpath and Descendants for a beefy setup, but the lack of control elements made me lose interest over time.

The combination I like best, though, is Enyah (I use her with Warpath and Descendant Commanders, also, screw Varyus). Why choose between several combinations when you can have ALL?

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 02:15:51 PM »
Warpath and Klingon are my favorites to mix right now.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 08:40:24 PM »
I've mixed Warpath with everything. Can't say it's all worked out, but What's come the closest has been WP and Sleepers, oddly enough. Still, I prefer to get a good working version of Warpath and DoD or Warpath and Exiles. Those three are my favorite factions with Warpath (obviously) being at the top.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Ryukyu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 06:04:06 PM »
Warpath/GI

Flying beasts, need I say more.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 06:48:32 PM »
I mix whatever I feel like. Lately my focus has move towards making Pauper decks because I can. However, I still enjoy mixing DoD and FD with other factions a bit more than the others. I used to love splicing GI, but I've since lost interest. I also rarely dive into Exiles or Overseers, for some reason or another.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.