Author Topic: when will the patch hit??  (Read 3977 times)

Offline trivialpursuit

• View Profile
when will the patch hit??
« on: February 04, 2015, 04:34:23 PM »
I know it's bad form to pester but I really wanna know when we'll be rid of stupid card exploits that let you cheat your way to victory. It sucks the fun out when you try your best only to lose to unstoppable cheats. I guess constructed is ok but it can be absolutely terrible on rifts! :(

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
Re: when will the patch hit??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 06:57:41 PM »
There is a suggestion thread in the suggestion forum about the communication. Maybe you want to discus things there:

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=63933
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline kitsunexans

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 07:07:39 PM »
what unstoppable cheats are you talking about the only exploit I really know of is splat hitting command and that can be built around.

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 08:04:21 PM »
what unstoppable cheats are you talking about the only exploit I really know of is splat hitting command and that can be built around.

What makes you think Splat is a bugged or an "exploit"? Last I knew, it is working as intended. Cards can be changed but Im pretty sure it's supposed to be able to hit Command.
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 11:59:55 PM »
I've answered this question in 6 other threads now.

When the patch is ready to be deployed, it will be deployed. When I have patch notes, you will see them here.

Splat is working as intended, however it is under balance considerations. I cannot state anymore than that.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 02:17:48 AM »
What makes you think Splat is a bugged or an "exploit"? Last I knew, it is working as intended. Cards can be changed but Im pretty sure it's supposed to be able to hit Command.

Well, what makes me think it's bugged is the fact that the cards says 'Deal damage to target deployed Character...', so a commander shouldn't be killed if it hasn't been deployed.

Since Teremus says the card is working as intended, then the text of the card should be fixed I guess. However, I do hope the 'balance considerations' that are being made include not allowing it to target undeployed characters, the way it's working now makes it potentially way more powerfull than lightning blast, firebolt, banish and even the 'deal 10 damage to target creature' that dark wish allows you to deal. Granted, Splat requires you to sacrifice a creature, but I think it gets a little out of hand in some situations by turn 2.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:20:23 AM by Kevkas »

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 06:39:43 AM »

Well, what makes me think it's bugged is the fact that the cards says 'Deal damage to target deployed Character...', so a commander shouldn't be killed if it hasn't been deployed.

Since Teremus says the card is working as intended, then the text of the card should be fixed I guess. However, I do hope the 'balance considerations' that are being made include not allowing it to target undeployed characters, the way it's working now makes it potentially way more powerfull than lightning blast, firebolt, banish and even the 'deal 10 damage to target creature' that dark wish allows you to deal. Granted, Splat requires you to sacrifice a creature, but I think it gets a little out of hand in some situations by turn 2.
There is a lot of text that needs fixed, sir. We on the Council talk a lot about balance and we work to fix these text issues and we make sure the cards work as intended when released.

Offline MonstaMunch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 06:52:06 AM »
Splat is working as intended
One way or another splat is broken, either because it doesn't work how it's supposed to, or because the description of how it's supposed to work is incorrect. How about just thanking the guy for pointing it out and telling him you'll fix it? If a card says it only works on deployed characters yet it works on undeployed characters and yet you insist that everything is as intended, it just makes it seem like you aren't reading what people are saying.

we make sure the cards work as intended when released.
So what was the intention with this one? To have it give a description that it works one way and to have it work a different way in practice? Cards with misspellings and grammar mistakes are different, this one actually describes incorrect mechanics for how it works.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:56:06 AM by MonstaMunch »

Offline trivialpursuit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 07:45:06 AM »
Splat is obviously working differently from the text but it is not that huge a deal for me. I use it when I can and still lose. But there is another card that can drastically change the tempo of a game. It is the Summoner of the Deep! In conjunction with the questionably updated Veroria, I can go from about to win a game in a few turns to hopelessly losing to flying tokens that the opponent should never have spawned. There are only so many firebolts one can consistenly draft to deal with what should be a mediocre card, but it gets out of hand when they can sac one token to produce 5 or 6 per turn.

Also warmachine is still OP. Creature creation for no resource cost is stupid.

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 08:25:08 AM »
Splat is working as intended
One way or another splat is broken, either because it doesn't work how it's supposed to, or because the description of how it's supposed to work is incorrect. How about just thanking the guy for pointing it out and telling him you'll fix it? If a card says it only works on deployed characters yet it works on undeployed characters and yet you insist that everything is as intended, it just makes it seem like you aren't reading what people are saying.

we make sure the cards work as intended when released.
So what was the intention with this one? To have it give a description that it works one way and to have it work a different way in practice? Cards with misspellings and grammar mistakes are different, this one actually describes incorrect mechanics for how it works.

Im not speaking for Teremus here but you must understand that there are plenty of people who point out text issues (even us in the Council). There are many priorities right now and, starting off the new year, there are many many things that need to get done included larger bugs and planning. This has more than likely been marked down in the hundreds of reports but, because it is a functioning card that works as intended, it isn't top priority. Lastly, I can assure you that Teremus reads everything you and everyone else are saying. He is the most patient and thorough man you'll have the pleasure of speaking with. His response means he read it and most likely noted it.

There are 100 cards a set that we test, balance, and test again. The text was not always like this and it was probably changed late in development when transferring. The older text used to say that it killed target Character which is how it works now. There is a LOT of discussion that goes on behind the scenes. I think you should read this post [ http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=62329.0 ]. This post is the post made when Splat was previewed in the Weekly Quest. It has always been intended from its initial release to hit Command but, as you can read, there has also been balance concerns which we are looking at.

I hope I helped and feel free to ask any more questions.

Offline trivialpursuit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 09:16:14 AM »
Regarding splat maybe make it sac a creature you have deployed. Hitting command is fine imo

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 10:16:14 AM »
I think you are working on the wrong priorities.

As a card game, the minimum of quality standart should be the text on the cards. These wordings must be 100% right... many other players coming from "real" TCGs. Having a physical card infront of you, means, the text is the holy bible and the rule-book of the momentum. Dont mess with the text!

That puts the ppl who are reporting bugs into the situation, that they know what they are reporting... like "i have observed a situation, which is different to the card text". This kind of report must be legit and right. If you allow urself to answer: Sry, that is no bug, its just a wrong card description, u have lost track of quality standarts.

Its pretty obivious, that all those volunteers are working hard on the game and more than anyone can request from you. The employees of LM are working hard as well, at least as far as a player can judge it. But all that energy doesnt evolve the game, if you dont follow simple quality standart rules. And from my perspective these should be:

1. Fixing wordings/texts/typos etc weekly.
2. Fixing minor bugs weekly, major bugs within a month (if you cant fix it, banish the card and give the owners some kind of compensation -> like Evolving Parasite)
3. 1 and 2 accomplished, trying to get balance into the game
4. You need money: Working on a new Set of Cards
5. With that money, polish the game

Sure, some points can run simultaneous... but from a quality perspective, we have reached a point where 1 and 2 are minor problems. So let me a ask a question, what are the high priorities and what exactly prevents you from chaning simple wordings on a card?

From a players perspective, we are waiting for around 6 weeks now that something will happen. We dont know what will happen, we dont know when it will happen... the more time it takes, the more you give the ppl the feeling, you are working on some kind of masterpiece.

But do we rly need a masterpiece? Step-by-Step improvement might leed faster to a high-quality standart, than trying to fix everything at once.

Just my thoughts to this topic, and as usuall with bad english grammar :P

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »
What might be viewed as a necessary priority, and what is actually needed to get done don't always line up.

We, as players, can sit back and say that something needs to get done. You'd also be 100% correct in saying so.

That doesn't mean that it actually can get done in the timeframe that everyone might want, or even in the order it might be best suited to. Development doesn't work out that smoothly.

Don't misunderstand my words and assume that I'm saying your statements are incorrect or that what you're saying are not priorities, they absolutely are priorities and we recognize their necessity.

I'm simply saying that it's not that simple.

I make this game, James.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »
From a players perspective, we are waiting for around 6 weeks now that something will happen. We dont know what will happen, we dont know when it will happen... the more time it takes, the more you give the ppl the feeling, you are working on some kind of masterpiece.

But do we rly need a masterpiece? Step-by-Step improvement might leed faster to a high-quality standart, than trying to fix everything at once.

No you actually do know what's going on, I've been rather vocal about that, including working quite a bit behind the scenes to make sure that what's needing to get done actually gets done.

As I said above, it's never that simple as to just get it done. It doesn't work out that way more often than you may realize. If it were, every game everywhere would be a masterpiece work of art.

Although you may not have every detail, every piece of knowledge of what precisely is going on, that doesn't mean that something isn't going on. Silence (and I'm not speaking for us here, I'm actually talking about the entire industry) is generally a good thing, it means busy bodies, it means frustratingly long hours spent on work that leaves you completely burned at the end of the day and just wanting to flop on your bed after throwing your mouse through a window.

When announcements happen, when big hooplahs are made over information, that means the work is nearing or already at completion. I do my best to get you the information the minute it hits a phase of finalization, and that phase is coming up here.

You can talk about timeframes, you can talk about restless players. That will happen if a patch takes 2 weeks to deploy, regardless of timeframe there will always be inquiries and concerns.

Quality work is what matters, and that hasn't always happened in the past. It's the focus now, and we're finally getting the resources we need to do it properly.

More on that to come with the announcement that I'm trying to get authorized.

I make this game, James.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 11:47:18 AM »
what exactly prevents you from chaning simple wordings on a card?

If you're not familiar with indie studios, it's because that same person that would be operating that task also has 7 other "priority" tasks on his plate at any given time. The work never stops, it simply moves forward through the backlog that builds up daily.

Welcome to the life of an indie developer.

As I've said before and will happily continue to say it again, just because something hasn't had action taken on it doesn't mean we're unaware of it or don't view it as a priority. It's that there's a whole month's workload of priorities at the same time.

We work through as much as we can, as quickly as we can.

Thanks to the upcoming partnership we'll also be able to increase those resources. So again, stay tuned for that announcement and what it means.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:48:57 AM by Teremus »

I make this game, James.