Author Topic: New Year Hype  (Read 842 times)

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
New Year Hype
« on: January 02, 2015, 04:24:48 AM »
Well we survived Gold and Order release no worse for the wear, we've seen the Ascension and Re-Ordering of the Overseers, and we saw Sol put a cap in Orion's ass.

As Mister Torgue Flexington would say: WHAT THE FU#& IS NEXT!!?!?!?!

Well, we have a crap ton to look forward to in the coming year. Even as recently as this October/November, we saw Best of Three introduced to ranked play, and how the competitive community rejoiced. We also saw pack gifting for the first time, which was a huge success in the closing hours of the Order Pre-Order.

Now, as we march into 2015 carrying the banners of our favorite factions heading into the uncertain territory of the Order Meta, we now can look to the features that Lightmare has hinted at or outright stated to be coming.

THE LIST OF AWESOME THINGS THAT WILL HAPPEN (I in no way claim that any of these will happen, these are merely things that have been brought up and could happen (although some of these have 99.99% certainty):

Oppression, Rebellion - The next two sets that will see the end of Rise Block.

The First Foundation Set - What sorts of interesting reprints will this set contain?

The Third Block - How will the game look with the vast majority of the staples we've come to know and love and hate out of commission?

Faction Rotation #2 - WHO WILL GET THE AXE? TUNE IN NEXT YEAR TO WHEEL. OF. DEATH!

Tournaments - Promised to happen relatively soon into the new year, but it could be any time within 2015, what sort of shape will in-game tournaments take?

BLOW UP THE OCEAN!, er, Server Architecture, which will hopefully see the end of most Desynchronization bugs, such as the endless turn.

Post-Order Balance Review - This one should be happening within the first opening months of the new year, where we'll see oodles of cards that are currently extremely or not so extremely good going under the knife to get a make over!

Infinity Wars 2015 Client - This one is currently a bit more than a rumor, but news has been a bit lacking, so I hesitate to place this on here, but we'll see what happens and what news will be shed on the subject.

Bug Fixes - Now, Forever, and Always.

We also have to look forward to a lot of old things as well. The various streamers of this game as always are going to be following the development of the game as it happens, and I can certainly say that what happens in regards to the development of the community will also be a positive and interesting thing as well.

So dust the snow off of your boots and come in from the cold (and dont bring the fruit cake), this is the beginning of a new year and the dawn of a new era. Stay sharp, Rift Runners.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:27:29 AM by Grinnin_Gin »

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
Re: New Year Hype
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 04:35:45 AM »
2015 is going to be an excellent year for Infinity Wars and I can't wait to see what happens next ;)

edit: Borderlands reference on point. Red and Belly sittin' in a tree...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:38:00 AM by xneosrevenge »
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 04:40:16 AM »
Merry New Years to all, and may this year be even better than the year before.  ;D

Miss Infinity Wars 2014, I will miss you... :'(
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 11:17:48 AM »

As Mister Torgue Flexington would say: WHAT THE FU#& IS NEXT!!?!?!?!

BLOW UP THE OCEAN!

You, good sir, have just made my day. Big fan of Borderlands, and Torgue in particular. Only thing that might have been cooler is a bit of Tiny Tina as well. XD

Also...

(and dont bring the fruit cake)

...I happen to like fruitcake. :P
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline delusionsofhope

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 04:02:47 PM »
I for one am ready for the new changes to come!  Bring it on! =D
Live, Laugh, Love and Enjoy a good game of Infinity Wars!

Offline Shimrra3

• I am ... darkness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 04:48:12 PM »
Unfortunately for me the only thing in here that is standing out to me - even though I saw the post when it was a minute old - is still BLOW UP THE OCEAN. And I don't even get the reference.

Really though, we could probably add reward reworks and/or Forging to this list, rumored and unsubstantiated or not.
Quote from: Teremus
YOU WANT BALANCE? I'LL MAKE EVERY CARD IN THE GAME VIZZERDRIX

"That was the worst driving of all time!"
"Because that wasn't driving! That was flying and burning!"