Author Topic: Brawl - Card Idea  (Read 1167 times)

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Brawl - Card Idea
« on: December 19, 2014, 09:42:29 PM »
So what do people thing of a card that reads like this;

Cost - 4
Purity - 1p WP
Ability - Choose a deployed creature you control and a deployed creature an opponent controls. Your creature deals damage equal to its power to the enemy creature, then a Fight! card is created in both players hands.

I was thinking of the name 'Start a Brawl' or 'Sucker Punch' or something similar.

Offline w4golf

• View Profile
Re: Brawl - Card Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »
I like it, with the name "Sucker Punch" better.  3 or 4 cost is appropriate.  Maybe 4 with a pre-emptive. 

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:51:37 PM »
Cool. Maybe something along these lines?

Challenge

Ability - Choose a deployed creature you control and a deployed creature an opponent controls. Your creature deals damage equal to half its power to the enemy creature, then a Fight! card is created in both players hands.

The difference is the "half" bit. Just picture a pack leader slapping someone with a white glove :) Or maybe even replace the half with a set number. Like 4, for example. Only usable if your character has at least 4 power.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:53:10 PM »
Novablue once came up with an idea for a change to the Tribble card so when you played it two tribbles were added to your opponents deck--with the same ability.
Right now I'm imagining this "Brawl" card creating copies of itself (not Fight!) so everyone can keep the brawl going. But only giving your opponent a copy, I suppose, so they have to elect to continue the loop.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 08:02:02 PM »
Novablue once came up with an idea for a change to the Tribble card so when you played it two tribbles were added to your opponents deck--with the same ability.
Right now I'm imagining this "Brawl" card creating copies of itself (not Fight!) so everyone can keep the brawl going. But only giving your opponent a copy, I suppose, so they have to elect to continue the loop.

I'm fairly certain Tribble has an ability something like this.  I'm pretty sure it only creates one new Tribble card, and from what I can tell it randomly goes in either player's deck.  I don't know the exact mechanic, because of course why should cards actually tell us what they do.  But what I AM sure of though, is that at least sometimes when playing against someone who has played Tribble, I later draw a Tribble from my deck.

Offline Chaz8591

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »

I'm fairly certain Tribble has an ability something like this.  I'm pretty sure it only creates one new Tribble card, and from what I can tell it randomly goes in either player's deck.  I don't know the exact mechanic, because of course why should cards actually tell us what they do.  But what I AM sure of though, is that at least sometimes when playing against someone who has played Tribble, I later draw a Tribble from my deck.

... I was about to call BS on this post, but then I played a deck with mostly tribbles against puffy, and she did indeed start getting cards in her deck.

EDIT: It looks like the exact ratio is 1:2 so if I play one tribble, 2 are created in puffy's deck.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:16:36 PM by Chaz8591 »

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 12:44:09 AM »
Are they recursive (as they should be) or does tribble-ing only happen on original cards?  In other words, if your opponent plays one of the tribbles you "gave" him, does your deck get more tribbles as well?  After all, they are born pregnant.

Makes me want to build an Exile consume tribble deck!

Offline Chaz8591

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 01:32:57 AM »
For those that were wondering, yupp it's recursive, as long as you play them from hand.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 01:40:01 AM »
After a fun test game with Chaz, we have confirmed that all tribbles played spawn 2 more tribbles in your opponent's deck.  Tribbles pulled with Evellee or similar measures do not appear to work that way, so it is a "when deployed" type effect.

In related news, it's quite possible to get your deck (well) over the 100 card starting max.  But expect some lag when you do. :D