Author Topic: Weekly Infinity Wars Tournaments?  (Read 5606 times)

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Infinity Wars Tournaments?
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 10:50:31 PM »
Also, maybe you should also think of the new players. Some of them will want to compete in your tournaments but reaching the top ranked leaderboard can take some time.

Please review the rest of the thread. :)
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline KillerOrc

• The road to success is always under construction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »
Just make them during weekends (2 days) and switch between "better" times for NA/EU time zones so it will be more or less equal to the player base so ppl like me can join in. I only have spare time during the weekends.

Btw, this is very much appreciated any way you will make it.

PS: You might preamtible ban the insanity, we can't have a mad man win now can we?

Merry Christmas!

wham

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 01:59:38 PM »
Really? I think doing it in one day would be ideal.

Offline KillerOrc

• The road to success is always under construction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 08:56:46 PM »
Really? I think doing it in one day would be ideal.

I agree this world be optimal.
If we would pick one time zone it would be awesome and possible to do in a day if Moose would keepthe nnumber of participants low. If we want more or possibly 2 timezones then I think 2 days would be possible. Based on that it has worked for other CGCs...

Offline Winsanity

• The Winsanity is overwhleming
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014, 04:46:46 AM »
I have a few things of note I would like to bring up for consideration:

Multiple Accounts from Same User on the Top 100:

This is a fact of the game, and any online game with an account system. Call them smurfs, doubles, whatever you like. In fact, it can be more common among highly ranked, competitive players as they may not wish to reveal what new strategies and techniques they are using in testing. If this tournament is restricted to the top X players (Which by reading, I do not actually see somewhere this is stated) this should be considered.

Tournament Naming Convention:

I feel already, an error may have been shown in this. Naming convention wise you NEED to put a deliminator on this name, so at a glance, people know this is separated. Already in one page o responce you have had people upset with this not being accessible to more casual players, a name such as "Hardcore Tournament", "Ranked Tournament", or "Infinity Wars Competitive Circuit" would adjust perception upon first glance, without the need to read anything.

Tournament Time Frame:
The First Community Wars Tournament, run in a tight format over the course of a weekend, took about 10 hours from start-up to shut-down, over two days for a 32 player double elimination tournament, which in-total, with the loser bracket, was 6 rounds (8 with loser bracket which ran concurrent). That is a long time frame for focus, a 32 player single elimination tournament will be 4 rounds (5 with 3rd place match), given the hour setup time is rather fixed, you can then assume you will be looking at around 6-8 hours. This is over-long for a single stretch, people will need time to break for food at some point, especially the 'poor' Verore players who are renown for long matches.

100% I support a strongly defined rules document (everyone saw how robust and long I made mine XD), it eliminates so many problems.

If you, or Lightmare, would like my support on this I can do what I can to move my schedule around to assist.

I agree wholeheartedly on the 1 account per person thing. That needs to be a direct rule (until I get another account in T100)
Also, please call this the Infinity Wars Pro Circuit. My ego needs a big boost. kthx

Offline iPsilocybe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2014, 11:57:28 AM »
This sounds like something I'd be interesting in upon a more finite work schedule of mine. Also, I gotta get into the top 100(which I should do before the first is organized.) I am concerned with the amount of players(32) needed out of a pool of 100. Unless 8 or 16 are on the waiting list that means 1 in 3 players on the leaderboards will need to be present. Just something to think about.