Author Topic: Project: Help the Network  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Memlok

• View Profile
Re: Project: Help the Network
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 06:25:53 AM »
Ok everyone PM cards to me I will crop and resize them and send them to stranger42 to put them on the web when he can. :)

I need to clarify something. I can't upload the cards. That is up to Chapmandu, not me. Thanks for acting as a complier, though. I would ask that you keep track of what cards are sent in, and ensure the text and info is together.

The text on every card will be clear or it will not be used I will PM the cards on friday night to Chapmandu, if I do not succeed in going over all of them I will send what I did and I can do the rest on sunday. :)

Offline KillerOrc

• The road to success is always under construction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 01:40:44 PM »
I think you need to clear this up a little bit more to avoid a big mess.
What happens if everyone sends the same cards to you who is going to collect them? You might end up with like 30 copies of the same card.

There needs to be like a list or something. Google docks maybe?
Where everyone can write which cards they are going to send to you. So we (you) avoid double cards.

I think using the forum and this post and let each person write a post on which cards they are going to take will be a bit messy. And it might be several pages of cards/numbers etc. which are easy to miss...

Just a thought.

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 02:00:19 PM »
Okay then, how about this.

At the moment, Memlok is the project overseer. All the cards are to be sent to them for cropping, compilation, and quality control before being forwarded to Chapmandu. After that, if they meet Chap's standard, they can be posted up on the network in a convenient time.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPLOADERS

1. When you open a pack, please post the NUMBER and NAME of the card(s) that you intend to screencap. Please refer to this thread, so that maximum coverage is possible. I think Memlok's going to make a master list for convenience, too.

2. Please PM the card info to Memlok. PLEASE DO NOT POST THE CARD INFO HERE. Things will get too cluttered up in that event.

3. I highly recommend following a standardised format for ease of compilation and for uploading. Something like this:

Card Name
Faction - Purity
Type - Subtype
Cost:
Morale: (if any)
Rarity
Artist
Card series: Order ? ? ?/100

Card Flavour text

Card Text

Image link

4. Please try to get the best quality screenshot possible. As to the image uploading site, I think it's up to personal preference, as long as the link is accessible. As for the resolution, I'd say around 400 by 280 pixels is close to the network's current resolution, although a more detailed shot wouldn't hurt.

A thank you in advance to all participants for showing that the community does care.

Offline Memlok

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 02:33:06 PM »
Okay then, how about this.

At the moment, Memlok is the project overseer. All the cards are to be sent to them for cropping, compilation, and quality control before being forwarded to Chapmandu. After that, if they meet Chap's standard, they can be posted up on the network in a convenient time.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPLOADERS

1. When you open a pack, please post the NUMBER and NAME of the card(s) that you intend to screencap. Please refer to this thread, so that maximum coverage is possible. I think Memlok's going to make a master list for convenience, too.

2. Please PM the card info to Memlok. PLEASE DO NOT POST THE CARD INFO HERE. Things will get too cluttered up in that event.

3. I highly recommend following a standardised format for ease of compilation and for uploading. Something like this:

Card Name
Faction - Purity
Type - Subtype
Cost:
Morale: (if any)
Rarity
Artist
Card series: Order ? ? ?/100

Card Flavour text

Card Text

Image link

4. Please try to get the best quality screenshot possible. As to the image uploading site, I think it's up to personal preference, as long as the link is accessible. As for the resolution, I'd say around 400 by 280 pixels is close to the network's current resolution, although a more detailed shot wouldn't hurt.

A thank you in advance to all participants for showing that the community does care.

Yep everything he said. I t would be nice if your Monitor has a minimum resolution of 1400x900 when you take the screenshots because of quality of the images.

I have just 2 more requests when you send me the images:

1. Please zoom each card when taking the screenshot.

2, Send me the screenshots, please do not cut the images your self I appreciate that you want to help but it will be a whole lot easier for me if you let me do all the graphic hubnub. :)

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »
2, Send me the screenshots, please do not cut the images your self I appreciate that you want to help but it will be a whole lot easier for me if you let me do all the graphic hubnub. :)
Not even rough cutting, just a screenshot as it is, 1920x1080 (in my case) with zoomed card in the center of it?
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Memlok

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »
Not even rough cutting, just a screenshot as it is, 1920x1080 (in my case) with zoomed card in the center of it?

Well you can to cut back on the size but don't go near the edges and always save images in PNG format to preserve quality. :)

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 05:26:38 PM »
Well you can to cut back on the size but don't go near the edges and always save images in PNG format to preserve quality. :)
Thanks for the reminder about PNG otherwise I would be so embarrassed :D

I will open my packs in about 13-14 hours from now and it will be 69 of them. I think KillerOrc is right and google docs with the list of finished\unfinished cards would really help. You can update it in the real time and everyone who want to help will see if they have cards that are still needed.

We can even post all text there, then it all will be in one place.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:30:31 PM by Qfasa »
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Memlok

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 06:16:49 PM »
Thanks for the reminder about PNG otherwise I would be so embarrassed :D

I will open my packs in about 13-14 hours from now and it will be 69 of them. I think KillerOrc is right and google docs with the list of finished\unfinished cards would really help. You can update it in the real time and everyone who want to help will see if they have cards that are still needed.

We can even post all text there, then it all will be in one place.

Well when you open your packs and send them to me I will be sleeping. xD

When I get up and sit on my PC first I will open my packs and than go to the forums, and say omfg look how many PMs, than I will post people please stop I have enough.  ;D

Offline Chapmandu

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 11:01:54 PM »
Good news, Infinity Warriors!

With Teremus' help I've managed to get hold of a copy of the Order card data, and if all goes to plan we should have card images too. All of which means you can focus on playing rather than typing!

I'm planning to roll out the updates at about 6-7pm GMT tomorrow.

A massive thanks to everybody who volunteered their time and energy, may your cards be legendary and you queues short!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:32:31 PM by Chapmandu »
We fight for the users!

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 11:11:46 PM »

With Teremus' help I've managed to get hold of a copy of the Order card data, and if all goes to plan we should have card images too. All of which means you can focus on playing rather than typing!

A massive thanks to everybody who volunteered their time and energy, may your cards legendary and you queues short!

For some reason this post makes me much more happy than it probably should. But this is so great on so many levels I can not even express my thoughts.

Offline Memlok

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2014, 06:49:41 AM »

A massive thanks to everybody who volunteered their time and energy, may your cards be legendary and you queues short!

AWESOME!!!  ;D

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2014, 06:55:09 AM »

Glad to hear! Very glad you were able to get the help and I look forward to the update. The site really helps a lot of players and its a quick stop whenever I need to be reminded of an ability or something x3 p.s. Don't forget those Champion cards! ;D
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline Memlok

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2014, 06:33:04 AM »
Any info here? :)

Offline Zombieskittles

• Pants-wearing YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • Zombieskittles.com
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2014, 06:51:39 AM »
Any info here? :)

I assume Chapmandu just had other issues to take care of in life first :P

Offline Chapmandu

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2014, 02:28:56 PM »
Sorry for the delay, the format Lightmare gave me the data isn't the same as what I'm used to so I'm writing and testing an importer to get the data in the database. Between that and real-life stuff I've not been able to get this done as quickly as I'd hoped but I'm aiming for the end of today.
We fight for the users!