Author Topic: Top 10 worst cards in the game  (Read 4346 times)

Offline NikaSharkeh

• For Science!
    • View Profile
Re: Top 10 worst cards in the game
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 11:48:00 PM »
Overloaded soldier was mentioned already. And Unending Drones in a Landstead + MU02 Deck can get insane, especially if you're running Junkyard shenanigans.

Most of the cards we're talking about are SO bad that there's not a single deck that uses them, even fun decks.

I've used lanstead + MU02 deck myself plenty of times, including with junkyard. How does unending drone makes any difference? Last time i checked it comes back as a usual 2/2, not 32/32. You're much better off with 1-cost cards or Jetpack Scientists, Scouting drones(both with characters and scouting mission). Same cost, but have flying, and 32/32 flying is pretty scary.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:51:02 PM by NikaSharkeh »

Offline SDSakuragi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 12:33:16 AM »
Overloaded soldier was mentioned already. And Unending Drones in a Landstead + MU02 Deck can get insane, especially if you're running Junkyard shenanigans.

Most of the cards we're talking about are SO bad that there's not a single deck that uses them, even fun decks.

I've used lanstead + MU02 deck myself plenty of times, including with junkyard. How does unending drone makes any difference? Last time i checked it comes back as a usual 2/2, not 32/32. You're much better off with 1-cost cards or Jetpack Scientists, Scouting drones(both with characters and scouting mission). Same cost, but have flying, and 32/32 flying is pretty scary.

The non-stop flow of bodes for you to buff is a huge form of card advantage, especially in a deck that runs high cost abilities. Also any drones you sac in order to activate junkyard abilities (like Shield) come back the next turn and can be sacced again.

wham

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 01:45:17 AM »
Here's mine - taken into account both how good they are in draft and in constructed - any cards I list are near completely useless in both modes.

-Vengeful Warrior
-Honor Hill
-Tranquil Swarmer
-Immolation Drone
-Breeding Grounds
-Track
-Taunt
-Unmanned Aerial Destroyer
-Drag Down
-Virus of Avarrach

Offline Hacker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 01:47:30 AM »
It is impossible to have a top ten list of useless cards without including Ultra Unit, the biggest waste of space in the game, which is why it never even comes up as a choice in rift, at least the others are offered occaisionaly
The Hacker

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 03:49:50 AM »
Why all the hate on Hellbringer? Sure trying to make a deck around him is a terrible idea. By that I mean using him in command. But if you are playing a normal discard deck or a Tygrugh deck and your hand is almost always at 0 at the end of every turn by turn 7+, then Hellbringer is an 8 cost dragon. Which is the second cheapest one in the game and by far the best top deck draw Exiles can have late game as it's cheaper than Descension.

As for my list:

Scramble
Breeding Grounds
Crystal of Madness
Demonic Corruption
Ghost Knight
Ghost of the Ancestors
Luftkrieg Xi, Anti-Air Array
Suppress
Temporary Mass Reality Shift
Vengeful Warrior

I'll be honest though, if temporary Mass Reality Shift belonged to any faction other than Genesis or Verore, I believe it would be more useful. As lossing all the Genesis hard earned buffs is what makes it such a bad card.

Offline SgtNoGlory

• The Wiki Guy
    • View Profile
    • Infinity Wars Wiki
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 09:34:59 AM »
Reflection shield. For what it does, it should be 4 resource.
The Infinity Wars Wiki guy.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »
Reflection shield. For what it does, it should be 4 resource.

I agree.

Offline Angelshard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 12:18:20 AM »
Personally find track useful combined with a flame commando or other damage card to remove a big buffed bastard.

Also Immolation drone sucks, but it can be hillarious with brimstone artifact if your opponent have a lot of non-fliers in defense. They'll all burn. (works better with Champion of Ruin and brimstone, that's just sick).

As for FD Vanguard he has some justification in his morale cost of 0.

My top ten cards I'd never include

Scramble (way too random and unreliable, besides the effect is minimal)

Ancient egg (Takes too long and the offcast is too random)

Masked initiate (useless character, can't come up with a single reason to use this card)

Nys the hungry (not good enough for his upkeep and too easy to kill)

Kinetically overloaded drone (takes too long to get to some nice stats, and GI have plenty 1 cost options)

Vandalize (I realise factionless are worse than the faction cards that do the same, but this is just too expensive and with no other effect)

Breeding grounds (tempo killer)

Unfazed (I can see specifik situations where this card can be relevant, but generally it's a dead card)

Irial (too expensive for a ramp/rush faction)

Honor Hill (way too expensive)

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2014, 02:28:13 AM »
Personally find track useful combined with a flame commando or other damage card to remove a big buffed bastard.

I think you mean Firebolt + Track. If you use Flame Dawn Commando + Track on a creature, the commando's 4 dmg will kick in before Track has the opportunity to affect that creature, so those 4 dmg won't be taken into account for Track.

Kinetically overloaded drone (takes too long to get to some nice stats, and GI have plenty 1 cost options)

I don't think Kinetically Overloaded Drone is meant to be left to buff itself up all the way through a match just by itself. If you use secluded constructor and buff the drone with something else, then its own buff will have some relevance mid-game.

Vandalize (I realise factionless are worse than the faction cards that do the same, but this is just too expensive and with no other effect)

I agree that it's too expensive, I would love to see Vandalize's cost be reduced to 5.

Irial (too expensive for a ramp/rush faction)

It is too expensive... but Irial is getting changed so she may not be as useless as she used to be.

Honor Hill (way too expensive)

Again, I agree, it's just too damn expensive. Would love to see its cost be reduced to 6.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 04:28:37 AM »
It is impossible to have a top ten list of useless cards without including Ultra Unit, the biggest waste of space in the game, which is why it never even comes up as a choice in rift, at least the others are offered occaisionaly

Not true, on the last point.  Ultra unit is the one and only Epic card I have EVER been offered as a choice in rift.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2014, 04:40:39 AM »
Not true, on the last point.  Ultra unit is the one and only Epic card I have EVER been offered as a choice in rift.

That's really unfortunate. :(

Offline Angelshard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2014, 10:31:10 PM »
@Kevkas Yes I did, my fault for trying to think and write at the same time.

As for kinetik I do use it with buffs, but I don't find the +1/+1 per turn to be worth it compared to alot of other cards that can be buffed.

As for Honor Hill I'd reduce it's cost to 5

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2014, 11:07:29 PM »
As for Honor Hill I'd reduce it's cost to 5

I thought about 5 or 6... but 5 is too low for what the card actually does, it may seem useless in its state because of its cost, but reducing ALL your defender character's morale to 1 means basically that one of the two possible ways to win the match (fortress health or morale) will be extremely hard (almost imposible I'd say) to accomplish, which seems too much for a 5 drop.

Offline Angelshard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2014, 06:22:15 AM »
You'd still have both Support and Assault to get full morale value (also command but...). Also I personally find that DoD have enough problems as a faction that this would make a 3 purity DoD more viable without making 2 DoD too powerful.

Offline Logadd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2014, 07:08:02 AM »
Honor Hill doesn't block demoralize, Honor Hill doesn't block lingbao procs or monkey burn, it doesn't block even Misery Stone. It can cost 3, even 2 and still won't be used.

Oh, and you can remove it with location removal.