Author Topic: Top 10 worst cards in the game  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
Re: Top 10 worst cards in the game
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »
Misery Stone is a very useless card too, I don't understand why it's even a 'unique' artifact, if you could play more than one copy of it then it could even be a threat, but as it is... not so much.

Offline Spools

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 03:07:18 PM »
Misery Stone is a very useless card too, I don't understand why it's even a 'unique' artifact, if you could play more than one copy of it then it could even be a threat, but as it is... not so much.

Naw.  I run Misery Stone in my DoD/CoV morale decks.

Offline Memlok

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »
10 picks in no particular order:

10. Honor Hill (Did this card ever help anyone??)

9. Shrapnel Launcher (Ability just not worth it...)

8. Vengeful Warrior (Maybe the worst from the bunch)

7. Crystal of Madness

6. Engine of Reincarnation (Card is broken and doesn't work hence it's place on the list.)

5. Radariah, the Untouchable (So Speedy in how many turns do you think you can win with this one? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 200. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yep.)

4. Soldier of Fortune

3. Devils Bargain (Why does this exist in Verrore...)

2. Void Split (Never saw a use for it.)

1. Ultra Unit (Ridiculous almost impossible to use, worst card hands down a waste of space... You call your self an Epic? Disgraceful...)

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »

Here are my two lists.

These cards I never saw in the game. Ever. Not only in my own matches but even in streams. I know they're exist but this is only theoretical knowledge:

These cards I saw maybe once or twice:

I'm not saying how good or bad they're, only the fact how often I personally saw them in the game.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Logadd

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 04:56:44 PM »
There are 2 categories of bad cards, cards which are just bad and have no reason to exist like Masked Initiate and cards which have potential to be good in some combo, but don't have enough support for that combo. Misery stone would've been pretty scary if there was a card which did a lot of small instances of damage to opponent fortress, like if it did 1 damage 10 times instead of 12 damage for 5 cost. Breeding grounds aren't too bad either, if meta wasn't so fast it could've been decent and i think it was used when breeder decks were good.

Void Split would've been pretty cool if it actually split creature into 2 copies of it with half the stats instead of making demons.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 05:33:59 PM »
Dragon of Summer Flame

I once saw this one directly after my Opponent reset the game with Calamity. I had just wrestled control of the battlefield and stopped his rush fully and then that Dragon kills me in one shot.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »
There are ALOT of bad cards in Infinity Wars, ie. Hellbringer... I'm salty about it because he's one of the two legendaries that I have two copies of(the second one is Hermit which I actually got both, one right after the other) and he's essentially unplayable. To me legendary cards should be very synergistic and fun to build a deck around. He's horribly designed in my opinion. At least with abysmal cards like Vengeful Warrior is that we got plenty of useful commons/uncommons, and not all cards should be good, but I just wish that Hellbringer was at least useful.
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »
There are ALOT of bad cards in Infinity Wars, ie. Hellbringer... I'm salty about it because he's one of the two legendaries that I have two copies of(the second one is Hermit which I actually got both, one right after the other) and he's essentially unplayable. To me legendary cards should be very synergistic and fun to build a deck around. He's horribly designed in my opinion. At least with abysmal cards like Vengeful Warrior is that we got plenty of useful commons/uncommons, and not all cards should be good, but I just wish that Hellbringer was at least useful.

I have 3 Hellbringers and one is Plat. Unfortunately no one wants them :(

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:52 PM »
Lol Qfasa be glad you didn't see the Resolve very often. One of the most annoying decks out there.

And i guess nobody has enough surprise defense. :P
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline SDSakuragi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »
Really? Here's some glaring omissions I've not yet seen mentioned by others:

Dragon Project
Vanguard Knight

Also Reckless Zealot played correctly can win games. They're not bad, but, like with Master of Demons, don't let the low Resource Cost fool you into thinking they're early game cards.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:44:16 PM by SDSakuragi »

Offline NikaSharkeh

• For Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
Surprised nobody mentioned Unending drone. Unless its Infested Scavenger deck(which is not much good anyway), its absolutely useless. If you aim for classical GI mass buffing, you are much MUCH better off using support drones, scouting missions, leftovers from splitter drone, overloaded drone etc etc. Simply worst unlimited ever, i can think of more uses for a tech knight comparing to it.

And lets not forget overloaded soldier too. Its simply laughable, sadly.

Offline SDSakuragi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 10:51:21 PM »
Surprised nobody mentioned Unending drone. Unless its Infested Scavenger deck(which is not much good anyway), its absolutely useless. If you aim for classical GI mass buffing, you are much MUCH better off using support drones, scouting missions, leftovers from splitter drone, overloaded drone etc etc. Simply worst unlimited ever, i can think of more uses for a tech knight comparing to it.

And lets not forget overloaded soldier too. Its simply laughable, sadly.

Overloaded soldier was mentioned already. And Unending Drones in a Landstead + MU02 Deck can get insane, especially if you're running Junkyard shenanigans.

Most of the cards we're talking about are SO bad that there's not a single deck that uses them, even fun decks.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:53:50 PM by SDSakuragi »

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 10:54:55 PM »
9. Shrapnel Launcher (Ability just not worth it...)

2. Void Split (Never saw a use for it.)

Shrapnel Launcher isn't that bad, it's actually pretty effective in Unending Drones decks, against flying creatures.

I've also seen Void Split be used to create several demons, only to see Master of Demons be played after for a very nasty surprise.

Dragon of Summer Flame

I once saw this one directly after my Opponent reset the game with Calamity. I had just wrestled control of the battlefield and stopped his rush fully and then that Dragon kills me in one shot.

I once pulled a wealthy noble + herald of dawn on turn 10, only to play a Dragon of Summer Flame with charge on the next turn. Worked like a charm, it's expensive for a FD deck, but it can be a very effective finisher.

Offline 3Sleeper

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 11:13:16 PM »
i agree on Hellbringer.even more so because he is a legendary card.
legendary cards should never be unplayable,never.

i think Hellbringer needs to be taken out and redesigned from scratch.

Offline Willburn

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 11:28:53 PM »
Whoever said void split sucks have not done void split + any instant boost that is ment to be only temporary (+8 per ability comes to mind) then split it into two characters permanently.  Granted it takes a bit mana but in the meantime it works as a decent combat trick to split any strong character to gain a card advantage.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:30:35 PM by Willburn »