My last opened thread was about the same topic as this, but I did some new thinkings about it, changed my mind and it's not necessary to read the old thread and so I open this new one.
Yesterday I read in the Wiki of IW (http://infinity-wars.wikia.com/wiki/Terminology
A card is moved to the Graveyard when this effect is applied to it. This effect does not count as killing
, dying or destroying the card and does not check Invincibility, Resolve or Morale Damage upon resolving the effect.
I deleted the word dying because I think it's wrong. With this motivation I tested out nearly every card that has "die" or "dies" in its text* and checked if a sacrifice triggers the effect (I used the old Rita for it).
I've found that there are only some exceptions. Those I call bugs. If the actions are intended the textes have to be corrected. Here they are:
1. Resilent slime: No tokens are created upon death (probably because a sacrifice works on all lives of character at the same time).
2. Primal rage: The character's values are set to X/1, but then is immediately moved to the graveyard.
3. Fiery Resolve: It does not protect from sacrifice.
Beyond that I found two other bugs that relate a similar kind of dynamic:
4. Engine of Reincarnation and Boyos ablities do not trigger when a character is sacrificed that is immediately removed from the game like Yobo or the tokens of the Engine.
(Btw. I didn't know the tokens are removed upon death because there is no hint to that. I'll post a suggestion in the suggestion part of the forum for that.)
5. The texts of infected purifier/devil read "When [...] would
die [...]". So the transformations are no deaths. But e.g. Boyo's ability triggers. I guess the system just sees it as death.
1. Sacrifice could just cost 1 life.
2. The character survives and does not die. (Notice again the "would" in the text!)
3. Change the text from "die" to "be killed".
4. Just fix it ^^
5. Change the text or fix it
* These are cards I tested:
Never forget the fallen
Blood Crazed Initiate
Echo of the battlefield
One of many exhumed
Engine of reincarnation
I haven't tested:
Ritual of summoning
The Dod Avatars
Nysrugh the hungry
P.S.: Either nobody understands the structure of the forum or I don't or why is this part of the forum nearly not used?