Author Topic: Little note to the Shrine  (Read 693 times)

Offline Held

• View Profile
Little note to the Shrine
« on: October 24, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
Hi everyone

It's just a little thing, but I suggest to make 'Shrine to Heavens' invincible. With the release of Ascension there a possibillity is introduced to destroy it: Oblivion. I guess it is not intended because considering this win condition destroying the Shrine is like getting full HP or Moral what is quite overpowered in my opinion.
It is just a little change and only important in quite rare situations. But that may change with new cards in new sets.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Little note to the Shrine
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 08:30:45 PM »
Consecrating Angel destroys it as well, but honestly I think that is for the best. Shrine does need some form of counter play other than 'try to kill the player before shrine wins'.

Also - I play Shrine in ranked, and if it is ever destroyed by Oblivion you have done something horribly wrong. Shrine should win well before Oblivion becomes a factor.

Offline Wolf_Without_End

• Measure, Consider and Weigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:44:42 PM »
Yeah, needs to remain explodable or there would no sense in location destruction cards at all. They are there to mess up your plans, even if your plans involve a peaceful shrine.
IGN: Wisewolf

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 01:17:11 AM »
It's already immune to most of the location destruction cards in the game.  Having exactly two cards in the game that can remove it hardly makes it unusable.