Author Topic: BUG: Titan of the New World  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Metasyntactic

• View Profile
BUG: Titan of the New World
« on: October 15, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
Sorry if this is a repost of a previous question but I couldn't seem to find an answer. Is there a reason that Untapped Wilderness and Prophet Karani have no effect on Titan of the New World's cost? I understand that it's cost is reduced by the max resource number but shouldn't they also reduce it's cost by their stated amounts? If it's cost can ONLY be reduced by max resources then shouldn't it say that?

As a programmer myself, I'm assuming that it's that Titan has a separate equation to calculate it's cost and it just didn't account for those two in the equation.

Second question (not a bug), is there a reason he doesn't have a subtype? Beast or something? It's just odd that he's clearly a beast but has no subtype.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: BUG: Titan of the New World
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 07:46:57 PM »
If I am not mistaken he is not a beast because the Hidden by Clouds can bring him into play.

Not sure about the cost issue though.

Offline Knive8s9704

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:04:34 PM »
His cost is dictated purely by his effect which is 25- your current resource. Nothing else can bring him out quicker. All titan cards are subjected to the same effect. Oblivion cannot be used with acolyte sacrifice etc.

Offline Metasyntactic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 09:02:10 PM »
His cost is dictated purely by his effect which is 25- your current resource. Nothing else can bring him out quicker.
Ah, okay, it'd just be nice if the card actually said that. As it's written, it's not obvious at all that those two wouldn't affect it's cost. I know I'm not the only person confused because I saw threads with people asking the same question and nobody had any answers.

All titan cards are subjected to the same effect. Oblivion cannot be used with acolyte sacrifice etc.
I wasn't aware there were any other titans or do you just mean cards with that cost mechanic?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:21:14 PM by Metasyntactic »

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »
Please ensure you're posting threads in the proper location.

As the description states, the Dev Corner is specifically a location for Lightmare to say something when we have something on our minds.

Bug reporting can be sent to support, through the website bug form, or even posted in the general lobby in the Infinity Wars board if you want to ask a question first. There is a post detailing this on the main lobby.

Read Titan's ability as "This card's cost can *only* be reduced by" in order to understand it properly.

Thank you.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:55 AM »
Actually, I think currently it does get reduced, at least by Untapped Wilderness. I'll have to double check to confirm as I recall his cost+my max resources ended up being an even number with Untapped Wilderness in play. :/ I do know it didn't used to effect his cost, however.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Oeilduciel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »
For this card i always found something strange about it: The fact he has not reach.

Now he is requalified as giant. All the giants have reach except him despite the fact he is certainly the biggest of them and he can't reach a flying character? Not really logic.