Author Topic: Primal Rage (Misleading card text)  (Read 1507 times)

Offline ap0

• If I could merge the Mundane and the Magic....
    • View Profile
Primal Rage (Misleading card text)
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:59:13 AM »
Either:
1) The card text should be updated to say "....would die this turn, it survives on...."
or
2) The card should be updated to make things survive the nex ttime they would die even if it's not on the same turn the card is used.

Example of how it works now:
Turn 1 I primal rage a wealthy noble
Turn 2 it gets hit with a death ray and dies.

How it should work based on the card text:
Turn 1 I primal rage a wealthy noble
Turn 2 it gets hit with a death ray and survives on 1hp.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
Re: Primal Rage (Misleading card text)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 01:14:35 AM »
Yep.  This has been mentioned elsewhere, and I actually reported it as a bug several patches ago, for what its worth.  But it's nice to have a devoted thread to it in the cards section.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 03:50:50 AM »
I always thought it was intended to work until it dies for the first time. It has been stated somewhere before that in the developmental phase, it actually had the text 'until the end of the turn', but was changed when Ascension was released. This means that the effect lasting until the first time it would die is totally intentional, and it is not incorrect wording, it is wrong coding.

Offline MonstaMunch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:25:33 AM »
Came here to make a thread about this, but found I only need to bump this one. It's been bugged for too long and its completely useless as it is. Pls fix.

Offline kingmobmaskreplica

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »
Added this to the list of card wordings (either it needs it text or effect adjusted).

link: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=62759.0

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »
It's not entirely useless. Had it used against me on a Skraar that stayed alive and continued to attack. Do agree that the text is now misleading where before it was fine. Was the effect intended to be changed, or did the text somehow get changed when it shouldn't have?
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Mysterion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 07:56:46 PM »
I 100% agree that the card should be changed to reflect the text and not the other way around. Make it 2 purity with the current text even. Just code the damn thing as it says please.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 09:26:46 PM »
It's not useless at all as it is, you just have to predict which turn you expect the target to die.  This is completely fitting with the spirit of this game.  Even if you misjudge, you still get the stat buff, which isn't insignificant for its cost.  As with everyone else though, I do agree 100% that the text needs to agree with the card effect, on this and so many other cards.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 12:02:00 AM »
Even if you misjudge, you still get the stat buff, which isn't insignificant for its cost.
I beg to differ. Overloaded Soldier also pays 2 for +2/+2, but factoring in additional cost because of the capacity for repeated use, +2/+2 is actually worth less than 2 Resources.

Primal Rage's other ability must be used in order to fully utilise it's cost.

Offline Mafia_Puppet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 12:09:19 AM »
ATM I would rank it a little blow Fiery Resolve. It prevents more types of removal at the cost of only surviving with 1 hp. It costs 1 more mana, which that kind of trade doesn't really deserve IMO. The +2/+2 is absolutely irrelevant in almost all games. WP creatures getting +2/+2? You can sneeze in a WP deck and gain more stats.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 05:52:55 PM »
Even if you misjudge, you still get the stat buff, which isn't insignificant for its cost.
I beg to differ. Overloaded Soldier also pays 2 for +2/+2, but factoring in additional cost because of the capacity for repeated use, +2/+2 is actually worth less than 2 Resources.

Primal Rage's other ability must be used in order to fully utilise it's cost.

There are also negative effects to it being a character, like being vulnerable to removal. An ability doesn't have such Problems since the Opponent doesn't know when you are going to use it.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Noobie2k7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 10:31:35 AM »
If it's going to stay as it is now as iin only working for the turn atleast give it preemptive :/ sheesh. I think all death preventing ability cards should have preemptive, as the idea is the shield your creature from harm before anything can happen to it. Infact i think other cards with similar effects do have it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:33:21 AM by Noobie2k7 »

Offline Screamindiz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »
The wording or effect should be changed in my opinion. The best bang for your buck currently seems to come from  Siphoners in it's current state.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 10:12:26 PM »
I'm not sure if that'll ever change, though if planning to splash with siphoners, FD is a much better choice. This card has it's uses but I'd like to know if they changed the card text for a reason, or that it got changed on accident as there were times card fixes got undone for a while.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.