This thread is intended to help the devs and from my own curiosity and inspired by my post in the golden tickets thread.
Pretty self explanatory in title. With the official release of the game and the golden ticket promotion that they have which seems to have mixed reviews, what type(s) of promotions do you like? What would make you go out of your way or play a little more than normal? What would make you spend money (or more money) on the game promotions wise?
For me I like the quest system and think they should expand it. Marketplace promotions are also a good thing to help get people to spend that little extra. I know when I used to play poxnora I would always wait for the the double or triple station cash promotions to buy anything (when SOE owned it). Lightmare has some decent pricing for their LP though. Special tournament promotions would be nice depending on the type of tourney. Draft style tourneys are my personal favorite, but IW does not have a traditional draft mode..yet. Rift runs are not fun to me anymore due to bugs, wonky draws, lack of decent reward scaling.
So here is an example of a few promotions of the types I was talking about:
- Quest system promotion:
Can really have any theme you want, but at least 2 weekends and different types of quests for the different players types are necessary. This was my launch week quest idea from the golden ticket thread:
- Win 100 ranked games: Get a legendary card of your choice (see below for details).
- Win 50 ranked games: Get an epic card of your choice.
- Win 25 ranked games: Get a rare card of your choice.
- Win 10 ranked games: Get a free booster pack.
- Win 100 constructed games: Get 5 free booster packs of your choice.
- Win 10 games of each game mode: 50% XP/IP boost token.
- Win 50 rift run games: 15,000 ip.
- Play 100 constructed games: Get a booster pack of your choice with a guaranteed Premium. (called epic booster!)
- Play 50 ranked games: 15,000ip.
- Play any 25 games: Free super booster pack of your choice (Is the super booster different than a normal one? If not get rid of the name for a normal booster)
- Play 10 games: Get a 25% ip/xp boost.
- Play 40 games with a 3 purity deck: Epic card reward for the played faction. (This can be done for all factions)
- Play 50 ranked games with a 3 purity deck, and win 25 games with a 3 purity deck: Special avatar and a legendary card reward of the faction played. (This can be done for all factions)
- Play 10 games of each game mode: Free booster.
- Complete 6 launch week quests: 250 LP, Foil Rare of your choice, title.
- Complete 12 launch week quests: 500 LP, Foil Epic of your choice, title.
- Complete 18 launch week quests 1000 LP, Foil legendary of your choice, title.
All single card rewards are soul bound.
For the give any card rewards I think that is a type of reward that needs to be coded into the game. One of the hardest parts of any TCG is getting specific cards. I think a pick a card reward would be welcome by players. I have seen the same type of reward given out in another tcg I used to play so it has been done before. If you cannot code this instead people who complete these quests can get the card by emailing LM until you code it in. I feel it is an important part of the promotion rewards. These rewards may seem generous, but it is meant to be. It is launch week after all! This encourages play with 1 account and has a variety of goals all types of players can achieve.
Marketplace promotion idea:
- Special promotion week only packs/boxes that offer something unique or a chance at something unique. (such as a guaranteed premium card)
- X% off the price of LP
- Special promotion week only avatar
- Bonus cards added to packs purchased with LP (ties into #1)
Nothing revolutionary here, but a little something to sway that person on the verge of spending to spend and getting someone to spend that little bit extra are the keys to my promotion types here.
I dislike "meta" style tourneys unless there is a healthy amount of deck types viable in said meta (has not been the case with IW since I have started playing). I mean really different deck types too not just the same deck with 4-5 card changes in it. My choose your own card token though would make a great reward for tourneys of all types. I would love to see a rift run tourney promotion... when they fix rift runs. Something with free entry and decent prizes and something with paid entry with top notch prizes should be the aim to cater to several player types. A rift run tourney with prizes for the most overall wins (in the given time frame), most wins with a singular deck, for example would be a great way to divvy up prizes. Prizes should include IP, LP (for the paying tourney) foils, plats, legendarys etc.. Not sure of the legality of giving away LP though. Might hit some walls there.
All of the above promotions would get me playing more and maybe spend some more (depending on how balanced the game is imo).