Well someone had to start one.
These are my personal impressions and thoughts on IW going out of Beta and it's current version.The Good:
1. Trade screen oh the wonderful trade screen I luv it I luv it to bits.
2. They removed the ugly mana cost numbers. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
3. All the art now looks consistent with one-another.
4. The plethora of card fixes is always welcome!The Bad:
Before I say anything I had a talk with Schumi in the game and was reassured abut a few things that I will mention below.
1. True Full Screen still doesn't let us choose "normal" resolutions like 1400x900 instead it gives us 1348xSomething. Schumi told me the devs where not aware of this one..
2. Swarmer Memory Leak is still here CTDing happily. Schumi told me they could not recreate it, I gave a steadfast recipe for it so I am hoping it is going to be addressed soon.
3. Engine of Reincarnation is not in the plethora of bug fixes...
4. Endless turns still occurring. Not to me atm but I had 4 friends that reported them to me TODAY. I am sure they reported them to Lightmare first.In conclusion:Dun Dun Duuuuun....
All the changes where welcome and I am happy because of them. I can't be mad at Lightmare for not fixing the Full screen bug but the reviewers can be pissed that the game doesn't support fullscreen properly and that would be pretty bad for the games popularity so I implore you please fix that ASAP before guys like TotalBisquit, Angry Joe and Yahtzee get their hands on this one.
Same goes for the Endless Turns. I am sorry for saying this truly I am but you really shouldn't have gone out of BETA until you where 100% sure that Endless Turn no longer exists.
Engine is just one card but it's a card people want to use so please maybe a small small patch in a day or 2 for it?
As for Swarmer Memory Leak now that you do know how to recreate it please do and please fix it. I know it isn't your priority since people that even have those decks are rare but please Lightmare, love your children equally and please fix this one so that we can play with the decks that we painstakingly collected.
In conclusion I am exited about GOLD but I am AFRAID that the still present bugs will drive off the new players since because of them and some missing features that are obvious (Campaign and Campaign Hard, Insane mods) the game still gives an unfinished feel.
Thank you for your time,