Author Topic: The Gold patch impressions thread  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
The Gold patch impressions thread
« on: September 03, 2014, 06:52:33 AM »
Well someone had to start one.  ::)

These are my personal impressions and thoughts on IW going out of Beta and it's current version.

The Good:

1. Trade screen oh the wonderful trade screen I luv it I luv it to bits.  ;D

2. They removed the ugly mana cost numbers. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

3. All the art now looks consistent with one-another.

4. The plethora of card fixes is always welcome!

The Bad:

Before I say anything I had a talk with Schumi in the game and was reassured abut a few things that I will mention below.

1. True Full Screen still doesn't let us choose "normal" resolutions like 1400x900 instead it gives us 1348xSomething. Schumi told me the devs where not aware of this one..

2. Swarmer Memory Leak is still here CTDing happily. Schumi told me they could not recreate it, I gave a steadfast recipe for it so I am hoping it is going to be addressed soon. :)

3. Engine of Reincarnation is not in the plethora of bug fixes...

4. Endless turns still occurring. Not to me atm but I had 4 friends that reported them to me TODAY. I am sure they reported them to Lightmare first.

In conclusion:

Dun Dun Duuuuun....

All the changes where welcome and I am happy because of them. I can't be mad at Lightmare for not fixing the Full screen bug but the reviewers can be pissed that the game doesn't support fullscreen properly and that would be pretty bad for the games popularity so I implore you please fix that ASAP before guys like TotalBisquit, Angry Joe and Yahtzee get their hands on this one.

Same goes for the Endless Turns. I am sorry for saying this truly I am but you really shouldn't have gone out of BETA until you where 100% sure that Endless Turn no longer exists.

Engine is just one card but it's a card people want to use so please maybe a small small patch in a day or 2 for it? :)

As for Swarmer Memory Leak now that you do know how to recreate it please do and please fix it. I know it isn't your priority since people that even have those decks are rare but please Lightmare, love your children equally and please fix this one so that we can play with the decks that we painstakingly collected.

In conclusion I am exited about GOLD but I am AFRAID that the still present bugs will drive off the new players since because of them and some missing features that are obvious (Campaign and Campaign Hard, Insane mods) the game still gives an unfinished feel.

Thank you for your time,

Nekelkosh.

Offline bullno1

• View Profile
    • bullno1
Re: The Gold patch impressions thread
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 07:07:45 AM »
DAT SOUND EFFECTS! PEW! PEW! PEW!

Also, yeah, it's endless resolution now. I can't even get to 3 games to have daily bonus let alone getting that golden ticket.

All my evolving parasites keep getting killed with abilities so I'm not sure if they really get fixed.

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:10:23 AM »
DAT SOUND EFFECTS! PEW! PEW! PEW!

Also, yeah, it's endless resolution now. I can't even get to 3 games to have daily bonus let alone getting that golden ticket.

All my evolving parasites keep getting killed with abilities so I'm not sure if they really get fixed.

He has been fixed. ;)

Offline 3Sleeper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:23:13 AM »
campaign needs more missions and the promised hardcore mode,a good campaign is  important for new players to get them to learn and love the game,hence better retention rate

Offline 11thHour

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
all in due time so far so good the game didn't break so have hope

Offline Zahiri

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 02:07:59 PM »
Not impressed releasing a game that targets mid to hardcore TCG'ers with no tournament mode is so utterly stupid IMO. At least LM cant hide behind "oh it is beta anymore." LM still has a long way to go before I spend anymore actual money on this product.

PS: If you launch a game you may want to update your website so it doesn't say BETA anymore. http://us.infinitywarsgame.com

Offline frychikn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 02:13:11 PM »
i havnt logged on to see for myself... but its sounding like gold didnt actually change anything?

Offline Nekelkosh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 03:09:24 PM »
i havnt logged on to see for myself... but its sounding like gold didnt actually change anything?

Reading is your friend. http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=62524.0

Flamby

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »
Yes, some cards are not working properly anymore, like Defense Golem or Mind Splinter (do you even test your patch before release?)

As usual, some bugs corrected, more bugs added  ::)

Offline ThorFolklore

• A friend in need is a friend indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 07:03:14 PM »
Yes, some cards are not working properly anymore, like Defense Golem or Mind Splinter (do you even test your patch before release?)

As usual, some bugs corrected, more bugs added  ::)

Ohho, that's nothing new indeed. Every veteran of LM's patches knows to expect 10 bugs to be fixed and 10 new ones to be introduced each time a patch hits. :)