Author Topic: Ascension cards disappeared from drafts (edited)  (Read 972 times)

Offline inbrain

• View Profile
Ascension cards disappeared from drafts (edited)
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:37 PM »
After drafting like 10 different decks and playing lots of matches since new patch I noticed absolute absence of certain common cards (quite powerful ones I should say) that were present previously in abundance. Please correct me if you drafted them or saw during rift run games (preferrably drafted yourself as there is low chance that somebody still has deck gathered before patch)
So commons that 'might have something happend to them'
1. Flame Down Commando
2. Support Drone
3. Hulking Sniper
Most of the decks I drafted contained either  Flame Down or Genesis Industries (or both), so none of Commando/Drone cards were seen. I'm less sure about Hulking Sniper cause I didn't draft Warpath at all since the patch came out. But in my games they (snipers) were absent (along with drones and commandoes)

Edit: as second commenter pointed out there are no Ascension set cards in drafts, not only 3 which I meantioned initially
Anybody knows why is that?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:06:16 PM by inbrain »

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
Re: Some common cards disappeared from drafts
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:54:15 PM »
I think there is something with Ascension pulls in Draft. I havent gotten any lately. :c
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline inbrain

• View Profile
Re: Some common cards disappeared from drafts
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:03:10 PM »
Ehm, yes, you're right. After checking what cards are in Ascension I'm confiming I saw none of them in drafts

Vertu Honagan

Re: Ascension cards disappeared from drafts (edited)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:16:02 PM »
I haven't done draft since my last attempt and out of the 43 cards, I only ever got the chance to pick 2 rares. Even though there should always be a guaranteed rare+ on every 10 picks. :(

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:25:08 PM »
This seems like an extension of my original post on messed up rift runs
http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=21347.0
Follow your...

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »
I... uhm... have an old Rift Run pre-patch. Might even be Pre-Ascension, though. :P

I don't Rift Run much. Mostly cause I'm trying to build up IP for pre-orders and various other cards I may deem worthy of buying packs/decks for. :P
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline inbrain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 10:32:35 PM »
to Heart:
it's not exactly an extension to the post you mentioned, cause it's not about badly/strangely distributed card selection that is offered during draft. After the last patch Ascension cards have completely disappeared from drafts.

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 10:39:16 PM »
Ehh to me it all falls under how the rift card offering algorithm formula whatever they use system has basically been broken for months, your example just seems more on the extreme side of it.
Follow your...

schumisaurus

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 05:23:16 AM »
This has now been resolved, Ascension cards are back in the draft pool.

Offline inbrain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 07:12:27 AM »
Thank you for quick reaction!

Offline AirborneScientist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 08:09:46 AM »
I'm curious, how was this missed? Surely you guys at Lightmare have regression tests and a QA system that mirrors live to test on?

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:15 PM »
I'm curious, how was this missed? Surely you guys at Lightmare have regression tests and a QA system that mirrors live to test on?

Your assumption is that an alteration made to the server or database would have caused this, and that's incorrect.

There was no patch, there was no alteration made whatsoever. This was a freak glitch. At approximately 3pm IWT August 9th, users reported fervently that logging into the game was impossible as the client was getting stuck on "Account Authenticated" and would not progress beyond that point.

What we discovered, was that something happened to where multiple portions of the database became locked off to the purview of the client after a minor overload. Over time, more and more issues have been uncovered related to this overload, this was one of them.

We have been, and will continue to take steps to prevent things like this from happening in the future.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.