Author Topic: Thoughts on Game Modes?  (Read 752 times)

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
Thoughts on Game Modes?
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:31:30 AM »
What is everyone's thoughts on the following game modes:

Standard: 50 Fortress - 50 Morale
Epic 100 Fortress - 100 Morale
Hyper* - Standard but 2 every turn.
Merged Deck - standard by mixing people's deck( commanders not included)

Standard feels just right at the moment, Epic is nice for quick games sometimes feel like I will run out of cards too fast with 40 card deck.
Epic feels way too long for a game.

Merged Deck needs some way to prevent someone from mixing in a ton of militia. Maybe instead this mode could be played with set cards (ie. Starter Decks) and then the game will mix those decks.
Or there should be a max card amount.
At least from my little experience away from standard.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:38:28 AM by Koey »

Offline ProzaicMuze

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Game Modes?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:26:36 AM »
If you feel Epic is too long, that tells me you prefer shorter games. My understanding was that non-standard modes are optional for those who prefer longer/shorter games. I support this and don't see a need to change them. Epic is a great mode for those who have been wanting to use high-cost cards that they can't reasonably play otherwise.

I don't like Merged deck, though, and will never play it simply because I hate the idea of building a deck only to have it diluted by another. I don't assume it's a bad mode, though, as some folks will enjoy it. I'm just not one of those people.

(BTW, it's Hyper and Epic, not Epic and Epic ;P)

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Game Modes?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 06:40:38 AM »
If you feel Epic is too long, that tells me you prefer shorter games. My understanding was that non-standard modes are optional for those who prefer longer/shorter games. I support this and don't see a need to change them. Epic is a great mode for those who have been wanting to use high-cost cards that they can't reasonably play otherwise.

I don't like Merged deck, though, and will never play it simply because I hate the idea of building a deck only to have it diluted by another. I don't assume it's a bad mode, though, as some folks will enjoy it. I'm just not one of those people.

(BTW, it's Hyper and Epic, not Epic and Epic ;P)

I am fine with the modes out there, and I am not saying any changes need to be made. It's just merely there to express my thoughts and the new epic mode definitely shows that the standard is fine the way it is.