Author Topic: Returning Character's to Hand  (Read 890 times)

Offline ProzaicMuze

• View Profile
Returning Character's to Hand
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:37:19 PM »
If you return a Character to a player's hand, the following happens:
  • Tokens can be redeployed for 0 cost
  • Abilities targeting the Character still resolve
  • The Character retains stats changes while in the hand
I was playing against the Genesis AI and used Stumble to bounce a Genesis Construct (4/4) while I had initiative. I followed up with a Heat Wave to wipe several Unending drones. There was a Bad-Bot in play and I figured the AI would sac it to pump the Genesis Construct. I was exactly right and as far as I could tell, it went straight to the graveyard. The next turn, a 14/13 Genesis Construct entered play. This means that Aleta pumped it (+1/+1) and the Constructor was able to successfully sac the Bad-Bot (then a 8/7) to give it +9/+8.

Part of purpose for bouncing creatures in MTG is to reset creatures with attachments or kill creature tokens, but IW seems to preserve them. Is this intentional or a bug?

Offline gpt999

• View Profile
Re: Returning Character's to Hand
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:53:47 PM »
Pretty sure against human opponents this doesn't happen so I can assume its one of the many bugs happening with ai.
IGN: Darkname

Offline Ankfisk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 02:38:47 PM »
Pretty sure this does happen, Unless they patched it without me knowing.

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »
That is currently a bug with the targeting system. Like it seems actions are continued even if the creature leaves play. Another similar case is if you kill an unending drone they are buffing, it comes back at the full power of the buff. (ie. 15/15 from GY)

It seems the game needs to stop an action from occurring if their target creature is gone from play. This would stop a lot of these bugs from happening.
(ie. If I try to buff drone A with drone B, but my opponent kills drone A. This should cancel the sacrifice action.)
Same with trying to buff with Tinkerer or Caretaker.