Author Topic: Trading rules?  (Read 3861 times)

Offline CrypticApathy

• View Profile
Re: Trading rules?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 04:49:35 PM »
I think selling singles in a similar manner that the game Poxnora http://poxnora.station.sony.com/rewards/runes.do does. You can buy singles from SOE but you use in game currency (gold) to do it. This type of market promotes more game play since people strive to get that card will play more games to get it. It also allows the people that dont want to spend real money on the game something to strive for. Making a rare worth 100k or 150k in game currency where you maybe get 10points for winning and 5 for losing or something. Where its a balance out to where people wont get fustrated and feel its out of reach to get but the card wont be handed to them either.   Maybe allow starter decks or certain precons to be allowed to be purchased in this manor as well. I feel it creates staying power for ftp players and a little extra reward for people that dont mind spending money either. Since it is completely possiable to create a top meta deck with just free cards.
Also to go along with that maybe offer currency boosts that you can buy with real money and in game currency that give you like 50% more earning potential for xxxx amount of time.

Sorry if this was a little off topic.
The bird of Hermes is my name, Eat my wings to make me tame.

Offline Ingram IronFist

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
@CrypticApathy

Not at all of topic. I intended this post to be a destruction to see how people would like to see the balance of trading/buying work.

I personally would like to see some form of in game way of cashing in my in game currency. But the only way I could see that working is to be able to sell it to other players. How to make it work cleanly I don't know tho.

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »
Have a trading post that allows any player to get any card by ratio.

10 commons from the same set --> 1 common of your choice from the same set
7 uncommons from the same set --> 1 uncommon of your choice from the same set
5 rares from the same set --> 1 rare from the same set
3 epic and/or legendary cards from the same set --> 1 epic or legendary card from the same set.

Positives
1. This would create an effective way to value the trading ability of cards when players are gauging card value via trade.
2. This would create a decent card sink for extras or "low-end" cards of the same rarity...helping cards retain value over time.
3. This actually increases the value of "low value" cards given the ability to trade for a similar rarity through ratio.
4. Useful information could also be gathered on which cards are most often traded.
5. Being able to use the trading post in the same set prevents blasting away your extras to collect everything you need from a new set right away.
6. Ratio may feel steep, but finishing a deck or collection vs losing extras justifies the trade value.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:22:47 AM by Zinqf »
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Offline atthis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 04:46:30 PM »

3 epic and/or legendary cards from the same set --> 1 epic or legendary card from the same set.

Positives
1. This would create an effective way to value the trading ability of cards when players are gauging card value via trade.
2. This would create a decent card sink for extras or "low-end" cards of the same rarity...helping cards retain value over time.
3. This actually increases the value of "low value" cards given the ability to trade for a similar rarity through ratio.
4. Useful information could also be gathered on which cards are most often traded.
5. Being able to use the trading post in the same set prevents blasting away your extras to collect everything you need from a new set right away.
6. Ratio may feel steep, but finishing a deck or collection vs losing extras justifies the trade value.

They definitely should have something like this although I think what you get should be random, like if you trade in 10 commons you have a small chance to get an uncommon, but mostly you will get a common. Or say you trade in 50 commons, then you have a chance to get a rare/epic/legendary card.

There could also be some sort of "rule" that stated that you never would get the same card as any of the ones you trade in, adding a want to not simply trade in a lot of unlimited cards and avoiding the "I traded that card and nine others just to get another one of that card -_-".

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 12:18:44 AM »

Positives

Before any trading I would like to see them account bound cards earned through campaign.

I rather see cards just be traded in for IP. And they lower the value of booster packs as more expansions come out.
This way it gives people more reasons to buy super boosters and trade between people.

Also i would rather there be a cosmetic tokens we can trade in duplicate cards in for unlocking alternate card arts or card backs.