Author Topic: Trading rules?  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Ingram IronFist

• View Profile
Trading rules?
« on: November 26, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »
With most online games that I have seen you are banned from selling in game stuff to other people for real money. Is Infinity Wars going to have the same restriction? Or will it go the other way and have in game allowance for real money buying of cards and/or in game currency from other players?

What do people think should and/or will happen?

WWKnight

Re: Trading rules?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:51:28 PM »
I think Elphie said something about eBay.  I believe it was they wont stop people from doing it, but they are working on in game trading process to make it safer.  I dont know, maybe im making it up.

Offline Synnym

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »
Goldfarmers? :P

Offline Ingram IronFist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 08:13:56 PM »
As Long as the game is designed to work with gold farmers as part of its economy then they are not a problem.  It is when they stuff up the in game economy that they become a problem.

Offline Voxil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »
As Long as the game is designed to work with gold farmers as part of its economy then they are not a problem.  It is when they stuff up the in game economy that they become a problem.

That's probably not going to be an issue in this style of game.  "Farming" gold isn't going to be all that possible that I can tell and since you can already buy the product with actual money... gold farmers probably won't have much purchase here.  Something I DON'T want them to do is prevent a secondary market.  If I want to open an Infinity Wars card store to sell my extras, that's something I should be able to do.  Especially since Lightmare isn't selling individual cards.

WWKnight

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 12:59:37 AM »
hmmm, im not too sure about that.  Considering you dont own the cards you are selling, legalese may play a part in saying you are selling Lightmares IP.  they may not sell individual cards, but you providing other people wiht individual cards gets in the way of them selling boosters.

Not sure how they will look at it.

Offline Voxil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 01:34:20 AM »
That's a possibility.  I do hope they don't go that way though.  One of the things that has helped keep magic alive has been the secondary market.  Also, there will be a secondary market whether Lightmare wants it or not.  Better to be on top of this stuff and be able to put policies in place.

Offline Voxil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 01:35:47 AM »
Another point.  If I need just one card for a deck I won't go buying a ton of boosters HOPING to pull it.  I'll trade for it or go and see if the LFGS has one for sale.  If you want one card then boosters give a horrible return.

Offline Elphie "Agent" Coyle

• Creator
  • Administrator
  • This ain't your grandpa's card game...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 01:47:43 AM »
We're acutely aware of the actual *need* for a second hand market; that it keeps the game alive in so many ways, and that there's neverending complaints about our current competitors not allowing it.

It's quite an intricate thing and *don't* expect it on release, but we have plans for a trading house, where people can safely trade. People will do their thing and sell outside of the game until then, we currently have no problems with that (other games ban accounts for it, but we see no reason at this point to do that) but people do it at their own risk.

~ Elphie. :)

WWKnight

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 01:49:45 AM »
I stand corrected!

There ya go Vox :)

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 02:10:43 AM »
We're acutely aware of the actual *need* for a second hand market; that it keeps the game alive in so many ways, and that there's neverending complaints about our current competitors not allowing it.

It's quite an intricate thing and *don't* expect it on release, but we have plans for a trading house, where people can safely trade. People will do their thing and sell outside of the game until then, we currently have no problems with that (other games ban accounts for it, but we see no reason at this point to do that) but people do it at their own risk.

Just please do not make it the Diablo 3 Auction House.

Offline Synnym

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »

Just please do not make it the Diablo 3 Auction House.
AH killed my diablo 3 :(

Offline Voxil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »
Thank you.  That's really awesome to hear.  Hrm, maybe I need to look into a Web-fu seminar....  Voxil's Immortal Resources... I got a couple of months to get this down.

Offline Carebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
Has it been stated that game currency will be tradable or just the cards?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:29:49 AM by Carebear »

Offline Ingram IronFist

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »
Awesome! A win for trading! :D