Author Topic: Question: Order of damage block  (Read 642 times)

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
Question: Order of damage block
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:33:41 PM »
Which occurs first when considering multiple damage blocks? Percentage based or flat damage block? Those from innate character abilities or locations?

A reference example:
I have great wall of jinhai as a location (2 less damage), an armored landcrawler in defense (2 less damage), and i play zunsheng the resolute general (1/2 damage taken)

What is the order in which they occur? E.g. an 8 damage attack can be reduced to 2 (both flat damage blocks, followed by the percentage), 1 damage (one flat, then the half damage, then the other flat), or 0 damage (half damage followed by both flat blocks)

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Order of damage block
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:48:44 PM »
I believe the percentage goes on first, then the flat damage blocks, and lastly any damage caps. I will list a couple examples for this.

Agent Coyle, Immovable in defense with Wall of Jinhai in play, and a Zunshen having been played that turn gets attacked by a One of Many and a Skraar. Skraar (being in the lead) hits for 15, but that is halved (and I believe rounded down) to 7. It is then dropped by 2 due to the wall to a 5. Lastly, Agent Coyle can take no more than 3 damage so it gets capped at 3. One of many does 8 damage which gets halved to 4, then dropped to 2. It is less than the cap of 3, so Agent Coyle takes a total of 5 damage from the two attacks. I've tested this in the past, but I forget the exact order. It's either the flat damage blocks 1st, or the halving 1st, but the chance of it hitting for only 1 I can assure you will not happen. If I get the chance to try this again, I'll update my post here, unless someone has confirmed before I try it.

EDIT: Confirmed. Damage is halved before it is reduced by flat damage. There you go. :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:58:38 PM by DrayGon777 »
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Order of damage block
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 01:43:13 PM »
Thanks. Just something niche i thought might be interesting.