Author Topic: Guide-Key Words  (Read 3850 times)

Offline scoobyfred27

• View Profile
Re: Guide-Key Words
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 10:18:04 AM »
Pretty sure zin did a much larger and more in-depth one :3
Quote from: Teremus
Puffy actually made Infinity Wars by himself.

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »
So much so, that people will look in awe of the amount of stuff in it but not read it for the same reasons.
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Viquel

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »

Unique - Only one copy of this card may be in play at a time.-Koey

I'm not happy with this one - if you control a unique character, you may not play another one with the same name. For that purpose, having a unique character in Command counts as controlling it. ("control" isn't the best word - better one?)
However, you can have more than one unique character in play - each opponent may have the same. Additionally, you can control multiple unique characters if they weren't played from hand (raised from graveyard or played while out of game)

All Aleta are special - they are hardcoded to never permit more than one under a player's control. If you lose an Aleta, play the same from hand, lose that one again, play a new one etc... when the first Aleta returns from the graveyard, it will die at the end of the turn (and cost morale again). You can suicide yourself with Aleta :D
This has been a while since I tested it, that might have been fixed... But I never read anything that would affect Aleta's rebirth.

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 07:49:43 PM »

I'm not happy with this one - if you control a unique character, you may not play another one with the same name. For that purpose, having a unique character in Command counts as controlling it. ("control" isn't the best word - better one?)
However, you can have more than one unique character in play - each opponent may have the same. Additionally, you can control multiple unique characters if they weren't played from hand (raised from graveyard or played while out of game)

All Aleta are special - they are hardcoded to never permit more than one under a player's control. If you lose an Aleta, play the same from hand, lose that one again, play a new one etc... when the first Aleta returns from the graveyard, it will die at the end of the turn (and cost morale again). You can suicide yourself with Aleta :D
This has been a while since I tested it, that might have been fixed... But I never read anything that would affect Aleta's rebirth.

Fixed ;)

This is a quick reference guide. Yes, this information is available elsewhere, no it has not been previously consolidated to a quick reference guide.

This thread will also be invalidated once the game has tool-tips to explain the keywords at which point it will be abandoned, but until then its the easiest place to find all the keywords in one place.
Quote from: WWKnight
You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has.

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 04:16:38 AM »

Copy pasta from the Glossary

Unique (Character): A player cannot play a unique character from their hand while a unique character of the same name exists on the battlefield or the command zone under that player's control.

Unique (Artifact): A player cannot play a unique artifact to the support zone while a unique artifact of the same name exists in the support zone of that player's control.

Offline Databroker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 06:49:11 PM »
What exactly is Shield?

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 08:17:50 PM »
What exactly is Shield?
Shield (Buff) - A character with shield cannot be killed by non-damage effects while their Shield is "On". Characters come into play with their shield "On" and taking a non-damage kill effect will "Turn off the Shield", meaning the next non-damage kill effect will kill the character. Shield effects "Turn back on" at the start of the next turn.

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 12:20:54 AM »
Added shield to the list. ;)

Looks like they are working on getting tool tips, so I'm kinda backing off on this thread, but until they are fully functional I'll keep it up.
You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has.

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 02:52:18 AM »
Added shield to the list. ;)

Looks like they are working on getting tool tips, so I'm kinda backing off on this thread, but until they are fully functional I'll keep it up.
I'm trying to find a way to not make Shield so wordy xD.

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 03:34:30 AM »
Yeah, it's a mouth full but I feel like it is necessary to really get the point across. Any less and it would lose some of it's meaning.