Author Topic: Rise Teaser Video  (Read 11161 times)

Offline Coolcor

• View Profile
Re: Rise Teaser Video
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 04:19:07 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun! The amount of direct damage cult is getting looks scary to play against so I'll just have to use all of them myself first.

Offline Mugen Musou

• View Profile
    • I Love dTCG
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »
I love what I see.

New faction (exile), new card type (artifact), and new mechanics (preemptive) in addition to deepening existing factions are just great way to show this game will continue to evolve rather than just become variation of themes.

Though one thing I am potentially concerned when this games goes live.  It may be better to call whatever the set of card available at that point as the first set.  This is an extreme example, but there was a game called Carte, which was released in Korea almost 1 year before the rest of world saw the game.  So there were already like 8 sets (they called episodes) by the time the game became available in US.  Too many cards for starting left a bad first impression but what worth was you are already 8 sets behind...  So for now I think it's great to call Set names for beta players but when the game officially launches, perhaps conceptually new starter should probably feel like they are there from the beginning.  What do you all think?

Offline Kamigawa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »
From what i read around the forum the game will be released with 480 cards. All of those cards will be from a same set. This set will be released in to the game in 3 stages. 1st is known as Core - 120 cards already in use. The second is Rise - an other 100 cards coming soon. So i don't think there is any place for a concern at this point.

Offline Tyonidas

• I intend to live forever – so far, so good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
They have already said that Core, Rise, and the next set are going to comprise the true Core set for release as they have always had it planned that way.

Offline scoobyfred27

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 05:04:56 PM »
From what i read around the forum the game will be released with 480 cards. All of those cards will be from a same set. This set will be released in to the game in 3 stages. 1st is known as Core - 120 cards already in use. The second is Rise - an other 100 cards coming soon. So i don't think there is any place for a concern at this point.

It should be 320 cards :P but there WILL be more sets after that point!
Quote from: Teremus
Puffy actually made Infinity Wars by himself.

Offline Kamigawa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 05:05:42 PM »
It should be 320 cards :P but there WILL be more sets after that point!
My bad, im not very good with numbers :p

Offline Mugen Musou

• View Profile
    • I Love dTCG
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 05:13:39 PM »
Cool.  I thought I remember reading like that somewhere, but nice to get the confirmation.

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 08:26:26 PM »
They have already said that Core, Rise, and the next set are going to comprise the true Core set for release as they have always had it planned that way.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Year One pack that combines all 3 sets into one. So newer player can choose to get this and get all cards cause if they want to go for Sleeper or Exile their factions are so split up for the key cards.

Offline k4ir0s

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 09:34:09 PM »
Will the new faction be complete? or will it be incomplete like the zombies currently are?
"I would be very upset if there was some nerf to the deck that made it go from my current record of 108-2 and instead was 2-108" -Erlaya

Offline scoobyfred27

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 09:34:44 PM »
Just like the sleepers.
Quote from: Teremus
Puffy actually made Infinity Wars by himself.

Offline umikami

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 12:18:44 AM »
people will vote with their feet and wallets.

Offline Fidasaind

• View Profile
    • GU Games
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 02:12:21 AM »
people will vote with their feet and wallets.

I'm betting new players will make sure they have enough core cards early on (like unlimiteds) and focus their boosters on Rise. I'm also betting quite a few people will do preorders. I only wish the game was ready to do pre-release events without having to organize outside of game. Darned Rob having to eat... and sleep.

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 04:12:23 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun! The amount of direct damage cult is getting looks scary to play against so I'll just have to use all of them myself first.
Be afraid, be very afraid. On a positive note, the stalemate situation will not exist with this set being used. Virtually every match now has a clock.
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Offline Lateralus19

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »
looks pretty cool. i do notice it seems control is getting nerfed a little here. unless there are some good control cards not being spoiled.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 04:10:41 PM »
looks pretty cool. i do notice it seems control is getting nerfed a little here. unless there are some good control cards not being spoiled.

The video was 30 out of 100 cards. Take that for what it is.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.