Author Topic: About Illegal decks and Commanders  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Arkantrus

• View Profile
About Illegal decks and Commanders
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:16:51 AM »
I've been playing this game for two days now. I just finished all the campaign missions, and I'm loving it!!
Something I just noticed is that I was able to play it with a deck labelled (illegal), but now I can't play with it on matchmaking (It says I need a commander from cult of venore)

I Searched the rulebook and found nothing about deck building, so here is my question: Do I need a commander from each faction I have on my deck? How does it work??
And what's the deal with the number of faction symbols on a card? I don't get it.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:23:42 AM by Arkantrus »

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
Re: About Illegal decks and Commanders
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:38 AM »
You need commander of each faction you include.
Here's a nice guide written by another forum member.
http://lightmare.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=7480.0

Check out the section card. The place labelled purity denotes how many commanders from a certain faction you need to use that card.
This is to encourage building a mono-faction deck to access more powerful cards like Dragon of Wisdom or Dark Wish.

Offline Arkantrus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:39:53 AM »
Thanks for linking me to that guide. I think I understand it now.

The thing is I completed the campaign with my deck (which had pretty much every single faction in it), but only 3 venore commanders. I'm guessing this is a glitch?

Offline moominpeter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »
Thanks for linking me to that guide. I think I understand it now.

The thing is I completed the campaign with my deck (which had pretty much every single faction in it), but only 3 venore commanders. I'm guessing this is a glitch?
Yeah, there's currently a glitch letting people play against the computer with an illegal deck. You can read about it at http://lightmare.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=11000.0.

Offline Fidasaind

• View Profile
    • GU Games
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 08:12:01 AM »
A few of us made videos about deck building. WWK has one featured in game on the community page. Cycle through the videos and you can find it.

Edit: For new players that is. I guess I don't check this forum often enough since this was a "new" post from June 3 :p

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 09:57:48 AM »
Everytime a new player goes to the card screen, Fida, they are still linked to your video.  Its why Im on the community page and have gotten a whopping 40+ since they fixed it, and you are nearing 1000 views.

I just gave up trying to get it fixed.  Links are hard, yo.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 11:44:11 AM »
Force beating all ya'll!
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.